• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Well I for one am shocked, shocked!!

I really do hope the DOJ appeals, but with the way this government is going, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens.

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"Why should we pay for this merger when we can just have our customers do it?"

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Crazy to think that this directly affects the possibility of a remotely watchable Fantastic Four movie.

Disney is beating Comcast and we get decent Fantastic Four and X-Men films. I couldn't think of a better win win situation when it comes to M&A. Why? If Disney didn't buy 21CF, it'd happen sooner or later that a big tech company would eventually buy Disney, and we are all seeing what is going on with TW and NBCU.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Companies will get bigger, other companies will rise. It's the nature of the beast. Years ago who would say that Netflix would be one of the biggest providers of content out there? The problem is when you give ISPs too much power without regulation. AT&T and TW should never merge "as is", it was a disaster waiting to happen.
Eh, netflix rose, but all those mom and pop retail stores and chains closed up. All the business to shippers netflix used to provide with home deliveries also dried up.

That's hundreds of thousands or millions of jobs rendered unnecessary, replaced by thousands, or tens of thousands, of Netflix jobs.

Job scarcity is a real thing

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the DOJ understaffed and just bad under Trump? I wouldn't have hope tbh.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Eh, netflix rose, but all those mom and pop retail stores and chains closed up. All the business to shippers netflix used to provide with home deliveries also dried up.

That's hundreds of thousands or millions of jobs rendered unnecessary, replaced by thousands, or tens of thousands, of Netflix jobs.

Job scarcity is a real thing
Typewriters are not made anymore and people don't teach more how to "type" fast. It's evolution, baby.

giphy.gif

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Look up who AT&T is sending contributions to and ask us why we have problems with corporatists again because someone on this site literally didn't think it was an issue.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
parents are damn close to cancelling Directv as it is, it has gotten progressively worse and worse since AT&T took it over. Wonder if another price hike will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

as a DirecTV customer, I kind of feel like AT&T is just letting the satellite piece just die off on it's own so they can switch everyone to their internet or cable based solutions. The new guide is horrible. I mean, it's not just the UI, it's the fact that it won't even display everything I have recorded, I have to manually search for them or reboot the machine. That's pretty basic functionality.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, same. They're A-OK with letting you pay more but they'll reduce the price if you ask for it
Bullshit. Have you had to ask for another discount after a year? They refused to budge on giving me a discount because of new Spectrum plans on one of my accounts.

My other one I've had for many years so they gave me a loyalty discount, but it's still more than what I used to pay on TWC. At least in Socal, what area are you in?

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Corporate America pissing in the face of the idiot public as always.

"Elect politicians who are against monopolies? We can do that? But what will our corporate overlords say?"

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
I am shocked at such actions. Man, why would they do that? Why would they raise the price because there is less competition...errr options for people to choose from. You think they would do that? I'm shocked they did something very capitalismy SHOCKED I TELL YOU. NO ONE COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS!!!

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast need to be broken apart.

But they won't, because they can effectively lie, wink at you, say that they're lying, and still get away with it.