Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Micheal Tracey lol

Then even their non alt right grifter former correspondents are often trash:

Kulinski isn't alr right but he's aggro about whining about idpol lol

Chariton is trash

Ryan Grim is anti idpol trashy
Kulinski isn't perfect but he's the reason I stopped being reactionary as a teenager so I have a soft spot towards him and he's been doing some good pro-trans content lately. He's a white bro lefty who does white bro lefty things (complaining about idpol) but he seems to be a decent guy imo.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Micheal Tracey lol

Then even their non alt right grifter former correspondents are often trash:

Kulinski isn't alr right but he's aggro about whining about idpol lol

Chariton is trash

Ryan Grim is anti idpol trashy

Grim has a lot of shit takes, but he at least calls out all the grifters who do nothing but attack Bernie and the Squad while shilling for the right.

CanadianGoose

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 23, 2023
Wait, they doubled down?

Always hated TYT, but even with my bias I thought theyd eventually do an apology tour, damn.

Voras

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cenk has always been a shit, I'm still appalled that it's taken this long for people to notice.

threads about trans people really aren't the place for cis people to gloat about how they knew someone was bad or always suspected or whatever the hell. Stop making our struggle about you.

but on topic, fuck the term biological woman, always is used by cis women to tell us that we aren't real women

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Cenk would have been permed a long time ago after continuously dismissing the concerns of marginalized people as "idpol distractions".

also what a lot of "old school"/tankies think. Here in Chile, last year after the defeat of the New Constitution draft in a referendum (which sadly emboldened the right wing and we're currently in the middle of an ultraconservatism wave/retaliation), I remember reading a shitload of left wing people who basically blamed the whole thing on "identity politics" and how "the layman doesn't know and doesn't care about identities and safe spaces and all that liberal burgeois shit, that's why the center-left lost, they threw away the working man's support by chasing the idpol chimera" and whatnot, basically blaming minorities (racial, sexual, etc.) for having the *gall* of being recognized in the New Constitution.
Of course the fact that the right-wing controlled media ran a 24/7 campaign on disinformation (hmmmm, wonder where that came from) and outright lies about the constitutional text never played a role, oh no... or, even if it's recognized said campaign existed, all those very "enlightened" people dismissed its effects and it was decreed the defeat was because "the text was bad".

Alamak Sirrah

Feb 21, 2021
Yes Republicans have been sweeping ALL those elections lately. When will the left learn...
i remember that AOC specifically was blamed by center shitlibs for the house losses/tight races in 2020 because of her (allegedly) being the face of the defund the police movement.
And it was weaponized against Illhan Omar in her primary (that she almost lost) against a pro-police challenger.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/jennelizabethj/status/1645941389174382593?s=20

Screenshot_20230412_073028.jpg

Ana

Ana

You and Cenk launched more alt right fashies than anything else lmao

That transcript really should just end any debate about what's happening over there. It won't. But it should. Mask off, indeed.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Maybe if you think politics should be only centered on white straight people you might not be left, especially if you go onto lenghty rants about "the leftists" when your politics get questioned.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
There's no way that Cenk & Ana don't see the pattern that every single person coming to their defence is also spouting even more blantanly transphobic rhetoric.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way that Cenk & Ana don't see the pattern that every single person coming to their defence is also spouting even more blantanly transphobic rhetoric.
The best faith interpretation is that they just think they are geniuses who figured out that to win "common people" you just need to put transphobia in everything, which is pretty awful. And that's if they aren't just grifters so, not looking good

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
First it was Ana and her shitty crime takes, now this bullshit. Fuck these clowns.

Also, their show is unwatchable/listenable. I had a free sub via Prime and tried tuning in for a couple of weeks and, sure, the leftist concepts are there but it's mostly just reacting to clips, Cenk screaming and every 2 fucking minutes "WE'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO GIVE YOU THE TRUTH" and fucking like ads for their own show.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
if you're annoyed with identity politics and don't want the solution to that to just be recognizing and protecting minorities then i am unsure of what you are trying to do other than have a job whining about everything

like do you want things to become better or what

if you enshrined rights for people in the country i'm pretty sure at least 70% of the population would stop thinking about it within like 2 days, so why are you engaging in a game of people's lives that is wholly concocted out of thin air by right wing dirtbag politicians and a relatively small proportion of people who ironically really care about their own identity (being a bigoted shit)

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Emma Vigeland following up on her tweets and drama with Cenk. She brings up how popularism is a weak metric to base actions off, focuses too much on electoralism, and how a lot of rights movements weren't popular. The intentional choices that are made when the emphasis is put on certain things with big platforms.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy2hg64sAh8

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Anyone who thinks Jesse Singal is smart or worth taking seriously is an absolute moron. Lmao go fuck yourself Ana

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
There's possibly a Nobel Prize waiting for the person who documents the infection patterns and progression of brainworms because so far the evidence is crystal fucking clear.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
How incredibly sad, they were my main source of news a few years back.

I really don't get it. So many people who I looked up to, and was certain that held decent views on *Checks notes* human rights, for some reason made this "issue" their line in the sand.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all saw what Cenk tweeted about the affirmative action ruling? They been trash for at least a decade now.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Hal Sparks was just talking about this earlier today on someone's radio show, about how The Young Turks are not actual Leftists and have, for their entire careers, done nothing but be whiny online and sow-division among actual Boots-on-Ground Leftists/Progressives by labelling anyone who disagrees with them as a "Corporate Dem" to the point that their words have lost all meaning. And, in a more biting manner, that everything TYT pushes is "The 'Six Minute Abs' of Democracy".

Among various other remarks Hal Sparks has had concerning "Internet Leftists" (Vs "Boots-on-the-Ground Leftists") over the years.

Bengraven