Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was going to be one of the classic games, which I probably would've been interested in. This though, this looks bad.

srhltmr

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
"all new game"

lets look at their alpha footage shall we?

xl_c3b75e1d-f5c3-4e9c-9caf-6c75444bedfe.jpg

Yes sir, looks like a completely new game indeed :P
Every time I see a game where the in-game currency has a plus sign next to it I completely tune the game out.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a sound investment. I made bank off Project Cars with my measly investment. I totally see this succeeding assuming they don't get tons of backers

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I actually think I should invest.
The whole premise and these tiers made me laugh and lifted my mood.
I think I owe them something.

lsarmiliato

Jan 12, 2018
This is hilarious. Atari completely botched the RollerCoster Tycoon franchise, unfortunately :(

Everybody should look at this and see the last RCT game they released

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how poorly the most recent all-new games in the series have been handled, no thanks.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
The math doesn't really make much sense. Why would I invest $250 to port a free to play title. Of which I'm only entitled to a prorata share of 50% of the profit? However, if the company fails to raise $2M I'm not entitled to the full amount of revenue tied to my investment.

I think I'll pass and let Atari find financing of its own.
It's a gamble. I would take it, I think they can deliver a product and the game fits right into the Switch audience and lends itself perfectly to undocked play. But investment is only open to US investors unfortunately.

It's not a kickstarter, you get your share of the profits (if there are any).

Daknight

Oct 28, 2017
Based on their 'schedule' of it coming out this year if founded...doesn't give me much confidence it'll be completely new and more like a rework of touch or something. The game hasn't started development and is January, they put from 10k to 1.07 MILLION for funding, that is a huge in between O_O I highly doubt if they reach 10K they start development. At most at half a million. So probably by late march they might start to work on it (assuming they get a good amount in two months).

Yeah, doesn't seem like a sound investment O_O

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I have two problems with this project:

- The developer has a rocky track record and since this is an "all-new game" instead of a port, that's something to worry about; it unnecessarily increases risk.
- Since the total development budget is $1M (out of $2M), it's not a AAA project, but what the real scope is of the project and how they're gonna monetise it is still very vague...

If it was a port of RCT Classic, I would've invested immediately.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
It's a gamble. I would take it, I think they can deliver a product and the game fits right into the Switch audience and lends itself perfectly to undocked play. But investment is only open to US investors unfortunately.

It's not a kickstarter, you get your share of the profits (if there are any).
Every investment is a gamble, but I don't think Atari has the track record to justify betting on them to return your investment. As a potential investor I would want to see detail on the finanicals and break even point for my investment before I would even consider dumping a dollar into a free to play game.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
It's like they looked at how Project CARS was funded and decided to ignore all of it.

Especially the part where they were told by the financial authorities in the UK that this sort of thing was a no go without jumping through some hoops.

I am willing to bet Atari haven't done their level homework, so invest at your peril.

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Video starts:
"Atari is very successful company with billions in revenue and profits and thousands of IP's"

"Please fund our mobile port for Switch"

LMAO I'm dying of laughter here at this corporate skullfuckery.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I love the CG people in the back of the video, A+ stuff
Also,
sxYUMBh.png

"I mean the whole black part must be the screen, right? Bezel? What's that?" - the person who edited this video, probably

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Every investment is a gamble, but I don't think Atari has the track record to justify betting on them to return your investment. As a potential investor I would want to see detail on the finanicals and break even point for my investment before I would even consider dumping a dollar into a free to play game.
There is a financial document but since I can't invest I am not that interested to comb through 50 pages.

Yeah, I get that. But these tiers are hilarious nonetheless. Why not give everyone who pledges a digital code for the game(if it comes out).
At some point somebody had to decide that 25% off is enough.
Haha, yeah if you put it that way you are right.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wow this is kinda pathetic. also:
- All investors: Atari Game Partners will host an Investors site online, and you will have the option to have your name listed on that page;
- At least $750: Investor perk as outlined above, and a discount of 25% off the street price of the game at launch valid for a purchase of 1 unit of RollerCoaster Tycoon Switch;
- At least $1,500: Both of the above perks, and one free copy of the regular edition of the book "The Art of Atari"!
so for 750 more, you get THE REGULAR EDITION of some book?

sheree-hell-to-the-noytspp.gif

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm confused about this website. when they say invest, do you then make money off the game? as in, do you get a percentage of the money the game makes?

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR
I can't wait for them to say the interest on the Switch isn't there because they can't fund this horrible idea. Like seriously piss off with this, if you want some success on the Switch, just port RCT Classic with some minor joycon control features for TV Mode, charge $10-$15, much better success. This is modern Atari though, so logical decisions aren't on the table.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I want, no, I need Roller Coaster Tycoon on the Switch!

But like this? I'm not sure...

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I love that someone somewhere decided that 25% off was the lowest possible discount they could offer someone that invested $750

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
that makes sense. but then i wonder if people can trust them to be transparent about how much money they made.
They have to be, or they go to Jail. It hasn't stopped companies in the past, but yeah I hear you.

also,

I am not entirely sure how to feel about this. I kind of don't like this type of crowdfunding. On the other hand this is investment based so you can get a monetary return.

Then again it's RCT which was such an important game for me bear 20 years ago as a college sophomore. It really helped me get through some down time and alone time by giving me a creative outlet and one of the first gaming communities to join.

I am not saying anyone should find this. I'd love a game of this style on the go, but I am not sure Atari are really good stewards of this license.

I guess I just need to buy Planet Coaster to get my fix

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I am guessing the reason they had to mark up the minimum investment amount to $250, is due to the lack of money after their bankruptcy. Am I right or wrong?

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
wow this is kinda pathetic. also:
- All investors: Atari Game Partners will host an Investors site online, and you will have the option to have your name listed on that page;
- At least $750: Investor perk as outlined above, and a discount of 25% off the street price of the game at launch valid for a purchase of 1 unit of RollerCoaster Tycoon Switch;
- At least $1,500: Both of the above perks, and one free copy of the regular edition of the book "The Art of Atari"!
so for 750 more, you get THE REGULAR EDITION of some book?

sheree-hell-to-the-noytspp.gif

And you don't even get a copy of the game, just a 25% discount. It really looks like a cheap joke.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would've paid for the original on Switch. But a port of a shitty mobile game? Haha ... no.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
LMFAO how this entire pitch is just pretending the existence of Roller Coaster Tycoon World, the devs last and insultingly horrible piece of shit entry in this franchise, away

DKbFo18.png

oJfE32g.png

Vy8V75T.png

UusjjKz.png

Anyone who invests into this is a freakin' fool

RunTheBrules

Banned for use of alt account
Nov 9, 2017
Hell no. I love my Switch, but this is not the original, which I already own for my iPad.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ctrl+F "Chris Sawyer"

No results.

Nope. This is a cash grab and an entirely terrible idea.

Roller Coaster Tycoon without Chris Sawyer is just greed and theft.

If you want to fund the REAL Roller Coaster Tycoons:
(Sadly STILL published by Atari)

Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/683900/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_Classic/
Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atari.mobile.rctc&hl=en

These are ACTIVELY developed games that combine RCT1 and RCT2 together. This is the game you know and love, updated with some new UI.