• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks pretty good at higher resolutions. The game is playable at 8K if you have an current super high end desktop. It runs smooth at 5120x2880. But 4K gives the sharpness and performance sweetspot. The game has an uncapped frame rate. I'm maxing out on my LG C9 @ 120FPS @1440p. I'm sure it can reach beyond that, but I'm too lazy to hook up my computer monitor. The texture work is way better than in previous games. Only bad thing about the game is the highly intrusive UI. I wish there was a way to scale down the Combat UI.

48978866471_9357d9d3eb_o.jpg

48978322993_545a4ef827_o.jpg

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just checked, and wow, the game unlocked on Switch too. A shame I have to go to work right now, but can't wait to dig in when I get back!

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Has someone tried Gedosato on PC with it? Looks like this is the kind of game that would look great with supersampling too.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Has someone tried Gedosato on PC with it? Looks like this is the kind of game that would look great with supersampling too.

GeDoSaTo won't work as Ryza runs on DirectX11 though if you have Supersampled resolutions already enabled for your GPU you can change the resolution manually in the Setting.ini file located in My Documents\KoeiTecmo\Atelier Ryza and it will downsample just fine.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
GeDoSaTo won't work as Ryza runs on DirectX11 though if you have Supersampled resolutions already enabled for your GPU you can change the resolution manually in the Setting.ini file located in My Documents\KoeiTecmo\Atelier Ryza and it will downsample just fine.
Ah good to know!
I'm getting the PS4 version anyway, but it sounds useful.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to get this for Switch and I gotta say even in handheld it runs fairly well (granted only 3 hours in lol). Some slight frame drops here and there while walking around and in battle, but that's to be expected.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017

Nice, gonna give this a try when i get home from work. On my 1440p monitor using borderless on 1080p just looks pretty bad. Some of those 8k screenshots posted above look real nice in comparison.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Still not the biggest fan of the post-time limit removal Atelier games as much as those with the limitation, but this game looks too good to pass up. If the rereleases of the Dusk Trilogy wasn't about to come out I'd have to cop this sooner. But this has my attention more than Lydie and Suelle did so I'll come to it in time.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Ah good to know!
I'm getting the PS4 version anyway, but it sounds useful.
Nice, gonna give this a try when i get home from work. On my 1440p monitor using borderless on 1080p just looks pretty bad. Some of those 8k screenshots posted above look real nice in comparison.

Yeah the game looks really nice at higher resolutions, my GTX 1070 can just about handle it at 1440p so you need a pretty beefy PC to go even higher though.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Getting the PS4 version but does the PC version cope well with non-standard display ratios like 16:10 or ultra-widescreen? Always bonus points for a game that handles 1920x1200 well.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Never played this series. What is the closest combat system you can compare it to?

It's an ATB hybrid.

This one is different than all previous entries but it seems like a mix between Grandia and a bit of the new FF7r system sans movement (e.g. building up a resource with attacks and combos and expending the resource on stronger moves, spells, or abilities.) Check out the battle system video.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Do I need to have played any of the previous games to hop into this one? How is it on Switch?

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have another image host? This one requires a log in for me. :((

If you're on a phone try open the link in a new tab. I just made it public. If you view it in desktop mode, it will give you links to different resolutions.

Edit: I logged out. It should be accessible through your browser now.

Last edited:

Kitty Paws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 21, 2019
OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Getting this later today as an early birthday present. I can't wait! Only concern is that if this is anything like Lulua it's gonna take over my life for the next couple days.

Happy early birthday!

Intriguing. Would that be a first for the series?

Main protagonists don't repeat, but they often show up as mentors and playable characters while the majority of the cast in each subsequent title is new.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Game looks pretty good at higher resolutions. The game is playable at 8K if you have an current super high end desktop. It runs smooth at 5120x2880. But 4K gives the sharpness and performance sweetspot. The game has an uncapped frame rate. I'm maxing out on my LG C9 @ 120FPS @1440p. I'm sure it can reach beyond that, but I'm too lazy to hook up my computer monitor. The texture work is way better than in previous games. Only bad thing about the game is the highly intrusive UI. I wish there was a way to scale down the Combat UI.

How do you even get DSR or whatever running ?

I can't, nor injecting any kind of AA

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is that pose. God the character design is such a fucking step back for the series, it's unfortunate that its led to higher sales by being otaku/weeb bait.

I'm still waiting for more impressions before I get the game as a lot of changes sound like they're for the worse and that $70 season pass sounds so shitty.

Kitty Paws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 21, 2019
Thanks for the early birthday wishes!

Main protagonists don't repeat, but they often show up as mentors and playable characters while the majority of the cast in each subsequent title is new.
I see. I was wondering if repeat protagonists had ever been a thing back in the late 90s/early 2000s with Atelier Marie and the other older titles I am not familiar with.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Getting the PS4 version but does the PC version cope well with non-standard display ratios like 16:10 or ultra-widescreen? Always bonus points for a game that handles 1920x1200 well.

I ran it at 2560x1440 and then 3440x1440 and, in both instances, it filled the whole screen just fine. 2560 was a bit smushed since my native is 3440, but when I went into the Ini and changed it to 3440, it cleaned up the image quite a bit, though at a hit to performance in some areas. Jumped from a pretty consistent 70-80 fps at all times to about 58-80 fps depending on lighting/PP effects. The only major hitch is in synthesis where, when doing material loops, the fps drops to ~20 fps. So far, it's only been there, which is really odd, but it's tolerable enough, though obviously not preferable. It it bugs me, I can always switch back to 2560 and be fine.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Game is good but PC port is really bad doesn't even have AA looks really bad because of it, no 1440p resolution support am thinking if I should refund it or not.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
"Fast-paced, real-time hybrid" combat? No thanks, straight turn-based was just fine with me.

I will pass on this one.

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck is that pose. God the character design is such a fucking step back for the series, it's unfortunate that its led to higher sales by being otaku/weeb bait.

I'm still waiting for more impressions before I get the game as a lot of changes sound like they're for the worse and that $70 season pass sounds so shitty.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, atleast resolution problem is fixed, anyway to implement AA ? This game badly needs it.

No problem! I haven't tried it yet since I want to sort my SpecialK situation for the Dualshock mod out first but you should be able to inject SMAA or FXAA via ReShade if you lack the horsepower for downsampling.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
No problem! I haven't tried it yet since I want to sort my SpecialK situation for the Dualshock mod out first but you should be able to inject SMAA or FXAA via ReShade if you lack the horsepower for downsampling.
I also am using Dualshock, would be nice if this game get's SpecialK for input. I will try out downsampling.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017

That looks.. mighty fine.
I wish the PC port wasn't so dodgy I'd be jumping on this, but otherwise 4K30 seems like the way to go.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you buy a Koei Tecmo game this day and age and expect to have graphical options... then that's on you. I wasted so much energy being angry at them that it isn't worth it. I buy their games now knowing full well that I'm going to have to put in some minimal work when it comes to resolution options.

I still remember OPPW3... abysmal.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Well I bought this on PS4 even though all the changes make me nervous.

I really hope it's longer than 15-20 hours.
I take my time in these and try to do Everything , so maybe I can get 30-40 out of it.
Gonna take an Outer Worlds break today to play this :) Atelier is the ultimate gaming comfort food

Last edited:

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
FYI latest Nvidia driver update adds Reshade to the Geforce Experience. Might be worth trying with Ryza to see if you can inject AA into the game.

Still at work, but if someone tries it definitely feel free to post some impressions.

Rarutos

Oct 26, 2017
Dang it NISA, why is my LE still in pre-shipment?

I emailed their support last night about it because I'd normally get their LEs a day early and they still haven't responded...

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Dang it NISA, why is my LE still in pre-shipment?

I emailed their support last night about it because I'd normally get their LEs a day early and they still haven't responded...

That's definitely odd, I got mine on time. Kind of odd how it's set up though, there's way more room in the box than there needs to be. I actually thought it might have been missing something at first until I double checked their store lol.