• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Tropical Storm expected to impact the Florida Keys and Gulf Coast in the coming days.

204435_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

East Coast should also keep an eye on the potential for a hurricane in about 10 days, but that is only a possibility for now.

Straight line yeah right lol

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
The really interesting one, apart from florence of course, is the wave coming off africa at the moment. Already been pegged for development this early could mean we have a cape verde hurricane in a few days time.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be getting prep work done tomorrow. Generator, food items, batteries all refreshed, etc.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
Hurricane watches are out for Gordon now. Even though it shows Tropical Storm strength at landfall here, I think it has a good chance of developing into a Cat 1 or 2 hurricane.

152326_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Oct 25, 2017
I live in the midwest near the great lakes and it always seems like gulf storms push into the midwest and dump tons of rain. I can remember Opal and Gustav and a few other times where the rain from those things just lingers for days. Gustav was still a damn tropical depression and I had to drive home from college in it.

Ludovico

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge here, we've already had two weeks of frequent, heavy rain.
Bracing ourselves now, this is similar to two years ago.
Just a rainy stretch, then a deluge of relentless rain, and nowhere for it to drain.

:/
Stay safe, dudes

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure this storm I'm under now is a part of this with how windy everything is. Definitely more than a normal summer thunder storm, but my 3rd world power is still on so far so no complaints here.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt even know there was a damn tropical storm in Florida. Got some rain and thunder last 2 days.

MrJames

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge here, we've already had two weeks of frequent, heavy rain.
Bracing ourselves now, this is similar to two years ago.
Just a rainy stretch, then a deluge of relentless rain, and nowhere for it to drain.

:/
Stay safe, dudes

Well, Baton Rouge already handled one weak ass hurricane last night.

Good luck with Gordan.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Dallas looks like it's in the path now. Forecast is showing rain every day now. Hope my Louisiana and Mississippi brethren are going to be okay.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Nola here and I'm in the process of moving my GF to Mississippi over the next couple of days. Most of the moving will be done on Saturday though so I hope nothing major happens this Wednesday

On the plus side it's finally lowered the temp a bit here

SegFault

Oct 25, 2017
i dont see how a tropical storm in september in the gulf of mexico stays a tropical storm

i mean i get it but also seems weird to me idk. this is prime hurricane season now.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Cannot believe I woke up this morning to a fucking tropical storm right over my head.

Was driving back from the Keys today, asked my wife where the storm was, she said we are right in the middle of it. Upper Keys were nasty.

Holiday + named storm is not fun driving on Florida Keys single lane roads.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well shit. I'm glad Gordon wasn't too bad, my sister and the rest of South Florida needs a break of a year. Keeping an eye on that Florence though, possibility of a direct hit here. The drawback of cutting cable is these storms just come out of nowhere for me now.

_id

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Didn't know there was a tropical storm in Florida, been wondering why it was raining 5 am in the morning.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Was driving back from the Keys today, asked my wife where the storm was, she said we are right in the middle of it. Upper Keys were nasty.

Holiday + named storm is not fun driving on Florida Keys single lane roads.
Oh no. I wouldn't drive that on Labor Day even if the weather was perfect.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Waiting on some storms to come North East, this time last year we already had at least one 10 foot surfing swell. Mother Nature is slacking. (Of course I'm looking at it from the aspect of surfing, it's not all fun and games and it's not lost on the riders that the same storm they are enjoying, killed hundreds the previous week)

Deleted member 4113

Oct 25, 2017
looks like Gulfport/Biloxi will get the landfall. Been a while since they had a hurricane
Hurricane Nate made second landfall at Biloxi last year. Parents house got flooded last year, hope we don't have a repeat of that. We've gotten a lot of rainfall over the past several days so I hope the surge is low and the storm is quick enough where it doesn't sit and dump rain.

Last edited:

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
How come we have less super hurricanes this year than last? It was way hotter this summer
Atlantic has been cooler most of the year actually, except the Gulf which is hot af, but then we've got other unfavorable things like wind shear, Saharan dust and other elements bringing down formation. Hurricanes don't just need hot water, there's some crazy amount of thermodynamics that allow them to form.