• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
TDodbR5.jpeg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jokpt_LJpbw
Atlas Shepherd (Jennifer Lopez), a brilliant but misanthropic data analyst with a deep distrust of artificial intelligence, joins a mission to capture a renegade robot with whom she shares a mysterious past. But when plans go awry, her only hope of saving the future of humanity from AI is to trust it. Atlas is only on Netflix, May 24.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I just have absolutely zero faith in a Netflix blockbuster, they have a remarkably low success rate. I'll keep an eye on impressions though

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that robot really did fall. Like uh. Like a big thing of some kind. Falling down. Is there a name for that?

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the majority of the film is J-Lo acting inside a cockpit while the rest is mostly CGI? I mean. Sure. Good way to make a paycheck.

It looks very pretty. Very Titanfall. I'll be surprised if it's any good though.

It's even called fucking Atlas and Atlas is a Titan. It's so rote. EA be shook.

Last edited:

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Well it is the time to strike wrt to AI fear in films I suppose

Gonna be seeing the movie The Beast this weekend probably

RUFF BEEST

Jun 10, 2022
Toronto, ON
Woof @ that trailer thumbnail, that looks like shit. The actual trailer definitely felt like what was going on inside the suits had nothing to do with the cool Titanfall shit that was happening outside of the suit.

I'm a sucker for sci fi but... I'm pretty meh on this. Esp considering it's Netflix whose track record doesn't exactly blow my hair back.

Good luck tho, I'd be happy to be wrong.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You going to have Sterling and Simu in there and have them do nothing?

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it's not on the levels of Gotti; but the film needing nine producers to get the movie made doesn't sound encouraging.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Is it a rule that these movies need to be completely rote rip-offs?

From the director of Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, San Andreas, and Rampage. Did Rock turn this one down?

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, J Lo is definitely not someone I would think of in a sci fi blockbuster, but Ill give it a go.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Huh, J Lo is definitely not someone I would think of in a sci fi blockbuster, but Ill give it a go.

She did do a big, weird sci-fi thriller called The Cell almost 25 years ago, though I guess one could argue it wasn't designed as a blockbuster since it was rated R. It made a respectable chunk of cash on a big budget, though. I'm sure the film's performance came up in discussions about her casting

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
She did do a big, weird sci-fi thriller called The Cell almost 25 years ago, though I guess one could argue it wasn't designed as a blockbuster since it was rated R. It made a respectable chunk of cash on a big budget, though. I'm sure the film's performance came up in discussions about her casting
Yeah that movie is pretty cool.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool visually but so did Rebel Moon

Yeah, Tarsem is the master of visuals. Sad that Immortals wasn't a bigger hit
:(

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Seems like a neat B-film to celebrate my 30th. I wonder if they'll do a fastball in this movie:
tenor.gif

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Jlo had some free schedule from all those cancelled concerts that she filmed this in no rush.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i hope she sings in the movie

also if someone uses AI to replace J Lo with like say the protag from Stellar Blade would that much AI trigger the singularity

you know what we REALLY need

Zack Snyder presents ??? featuring J Lo and Adam Sandler directed and written by Zack Snyder also starring Kevin Hart

the Netflix trifecta, completed

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
Atlas Shepherd? Really? Most generic ass sci-fi name for a character I can think of. The script definitely reeks of some AI bullshit. Or written by someone who had just played Titanfall and Mass Effect.