• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Persona 2 needs a remake miles more than p4 does.

P2 does NOT play well and it's dungeon design is abysmal (but that's true of everything pre-p5)

Like that battle system needs to be tossed in a dumpster

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Will they have the balls for changing 2 duology's gameplay though?

I know they were before 3 & the Community/Social Link aspect was the evolution & innovation of 2's supporting NPCs, rumormongers & shop keepers somewhat.

latest

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm tired of hearing about Persona projects so far in advance. The only thing people are waiting for is P6 and apparently they keep pushing back that announcement. It's pretty boring now.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
I can look into that. Never played P2 but I heard there's dozens of quality changes along with the new translations.

The plan is digital only release but again, things can change considering it's a couple years out.

I hope one of those quality changes is either "completely new battle system" or "You can skip the battles", because otherwise this game is going to be unplayable for the vast majority of Persona fans.

"New translation" is kind of an odd selling point since very few people in the West have played P2, so they wouldn't know the difference.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I hope one of those quality changes is either "completely new battle system" or "You can skip the battles", because otherwise this game is going to be unplayable for the vast majority of Persona fans.

"New translation" is kind of an odd selling point since very few people in the West have played P2, so they wouldn't know the difference.

Well, IIRC the second game's PSP Remaster (which I'm assuming is the baseline for this) was never officially translated, so they are forced to do that

Madden

Nov 21, 2017
Remaster with both games. New translation is the selling point and it'll be on every console including Switch 2 and next gen xbox.

The most interesting thing here is that it confirms that there is new Xbox hardware being developed despite recent rumors that they're leaving the space.

Also the new translation better not mess with Maya's whoop-ass time!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I need that P2 remake. I want a Persona game with mature characters.

knowing current atlus and knowing nothing good ever happens the only reason they might remake it is to change everyones ages and put them into high school again
oh and remove the jun romance. he will just be "good buds" with tatsuya now

Deleted member 108302

Jan 29, 2022
Never doubted that a P2 remake was happening, considering that their own poll said it was just as wanted as 3.

I don't see the point in remaking 4. Gameplay wise it's fine but it's story has a lot of problematic elements that I doubt they'll change.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I've never played P2, always wanted to. I would love a P2 remake or re imagining. I can do without the P4 remake, Golden is already a great version of that game. Then again, I haven't played P3:R yet, so I don't fully know how big the glow up is.

Also please just give me an HD remaster (on Steam) of Digital Devil Saga 1+2 Atlus. Those games are far too good to be stuck on the PS2.

Lucia

Oct 18, 2021
Argentina
Hope they don't try to force the post P3 social gameplay into the P2 Remake. The current homogenization of the series is sad.

Madden

Nov 21, 2017
If they remaster P1, the only change they need to make is have each character have multiple facial expressions.

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
It'd be great to have a modern, complete release of the Persona 2 duology. But I wonder how many people will be disappointed that the games are not what current Persona is...

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There day 1 for Persona 4 remake; especially after playing Reloaded. Just give me Atlus!

And I'd also check out Persona 2 if it was remade as well.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Persona 4 needs a new version specifically to tone down the homophobic bullshit (or, rather, have him actually aknowledge he's been a shithead and do better), and also address the elephant in the room re:Naoto's story. I tried playing through it years ago and was loving it in spite of those things, but Yosuke's constant bullying of Kanji wore me down, and finding out that you have to tell Naoto "I'm glad you're a girl" in order to romance her was the straw that broke my back.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Why do I get the feeling the only reason Atlus is remaking P2 is so they can remove the gay romance?

🤔

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
ah dip, I would've wanted a full P2 remake since the gameplay is... well, it's not horrible but it's not great. It would benefit a lot from playing more like, say, a modernised DDS. But I'll take a cute little remaster set.

I hope you all end up buying the one and only entry in the series to have:

A bisexual protagonist in IS
A solo female protagonist in EP
A gay romance option
An adult cast out of high school

Because we're never getting any of those again.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
ah dip, I would've wanted a full P2 remake since the gameplay is... well, it's not horrible but it's not great. It would benefit a lot from playing more like, say, a modernised DDS. But I'll take a cute little remaster set.

I hope you all end up buying the one and only entry in the series to have:

A bisexual protagonist in IS
A solo female protagonist in EP
A gay romance option
An adult cast out of high school

Because we're never getting any of those again.

Come on man, no need to be nice. P2's gameplay is the rpg equivalent of watching beige paint dry.

P1 is way more bullshit, but it's severely more interesting mechanics wise. P2's like near the bottom in terms of actual gameplay of SMT adjacent games

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Lots of hate in this thread (can't say I'm surprised), but I am 1000% in for a Persona 4 remake.

Would be interested in Persona 2, but that's going to depend a lot on how they handle it.