Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

Credibility: Fantastic track record when it comes to information about upcoming Atlus projects. Most recently, the user in question has accurately leaked the Persona 3 Reload title / announcement date, Persona 5 Tactica title and gameplay, Persona 5 Tactica DLC with Kasumi and Akechi, Persona 5: The Phantom X, and more. TLDR, if they say it, it's gonna happen.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I think most are expecting both Persona 3 Reload and Metaphor to come to the Switch 2, considering they're coming to everything, and Persona 5 ran fine for the Switch and sold quite well on it. Both of these games have PS4 versions, I don't see why they couldn't run on a Switch 2. Japan will very likely eat them up on Nintendo's next system.

Makes more sense to have Switch 2 versions than work on scaling down and heavily optimizing versions for the OG Switch.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017

Credibility: Fantastic track record when it comes to information about upcoming Atlus projects. Most recently, the user in question has accurately leaked the Persona 3 Reload title / announcement date, Persona 5 Tactica title and gameplay, Persona 5 Tactica DLC with Kasumi and Akechi, Persona 5: The Phantom X, and more. TLDR, if they say it, it's gonna happen.

The things this leaker got right came from other sources first. The ones that are original to this "leaker" end up not coming true and the leaker changes it to them cancelling it or just out right deletes it. I still don't trust this "leaker." They post this leak right after the studio director says that they are thinking about it.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is saying its obvious, but then the question is moreso "when"
Launch window, 1 year, 2-4 years like we see?

Gotan

Banned
Dec 21, 2023
Man, I don't like leakers and wish this site had a blanket ban on them. What a nothing-burger addition to conversation.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
I mean, I could understand not porting to the actual switch because it would take some work and resources, ok. But not porting to the successor when PS4 version is available would be borderline absurd, and even more if we are talking about niche jRPGs.

Dreamyard

Jul 15, 2020
Just as I thought. I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus plans on bringing these to the Switch's successor within the first year.

Sir Lucan

Dec 19, 2023
I mean it seemed pretty obvious from that interview.

What I would like to know is if Atlus plans to do anything with SMT V.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
was it that obvious? because Persona 5 took like five years to be ported to Switch.

to everyone who predicted this, please tell me when I can play SMTV on Playstation, and which portable RPGs Atlus is gonna start doing home console remasters of next (currently having a lot of fun with EO3).

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
This feels like a Duh, but there is still a residual WTF is atlus doing mentality even though they've largely broken away from that recently.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this was always very obvious, even without Atlus basically saying as much while still playing coy with regards to P3R recently

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting this:

Not sure why so many seem to subscribe to the idea that this person knows anything.

Haven't seen them say a single thing that either wasn't super vague, super obvious, or hasn't been rumored elsewhere prior.

I don't think they actually know anything.

Also nothing they've said has actually happened yet unless I'm missing something.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting this:

Also nothing they've said has actually happened yet unless I'm missing something.
I mean they could be completely up their ass and I'd still bet on this happening, it's pretty fucking obvious. It's the type of prediction where even if they got it it proves nothing because of how obvious it is

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
they actually don't have a fantastic track record - but i believe this, i could have told you that.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they could be completely up their ass and I'd still bet on this happening, it's pretty fucking obvious. It's the type of prediction where even if they got it it proves nothing because of how obvious it is

Yeah, one of the things I said was: "Haven't seen them say a single thing that either wasn't super vague, super obvious, or hasn't been rumored elsewhere prior."

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
We were all predicting this months ago when we saw the release dates & that they were skipping the Switch 1.