• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I'll wait for it to release then to pick up the game.

I hate coming back to big games 6+ months later for DLC. I'd rather just play it all in one hit.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I don't trust that leaker, but that seems pretty obvious.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'll just wait for the version with all DLC next year or something and that version will get even more DLC just like Royal...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know this leaker's track record, but this seems obvious. It's what everyone is expecting.

Sep 14, 2018
Atlus never does post launch DLC, it's always all day one and leave big additions for re-releases, which they just said is not happening for this game. Really, really doubt this leaker.

They could have alluded to the possibility of adding the answer any of the many many times they were asked why the answer was not included...

ShinkuTachi

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 29, 2017
DTA

The Answer as DLC makes sense, but I'll believe it when it's announced.

Jul 14, 2023
I feel like if The Answer was DLC, they would've announced it or teased it by now.

They usually only do launch DLC, and I think the only time they gave extensive DLC support to a game well after launch was… SMT IV and IV Apocalypse? I might be wrong though.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Not to say they will not do this but i fell Atlus usual mo is to leave big things like this to a rerelease, their post launch dlcs are usually small in scope or cosmetic.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Regardless of the authenticity of this specific poster, I am simply feasting on the amount of people who don't believe Atlus will do what they have historically done with every Persona release since the original version of 3.

Your short term memory is my delicious meal.

Persona Leaker confirms
Jun 9, 2023
So we figured out who this leaker is, they're legit.

But they have been cribbing off me mostly from here, no beef with them. They can take all the heat if they want lol.

Not a shred of a female main character in the DLC but things could change. And it's not called "The Answer".

To clarify, there isn't going to be a lot of DLC, nor are any of them major.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt this for two reasons.

1. This leaker doesn't exactly have a solid track record, often seen parroting things other leakers said.
2. When was the last time Atlus released DLC for a game that wasn't even announced when the game came out? Most of that DLC has been DAY ONE DLC.

I cannot think of a single Atlus game that has released that got DLC that was not at least ANNOUNCED the day the base game launched. Some examples:

Margaret was DLC that released a week after the launch of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (2014 launch, not the 2022 version): https://www.shacknews.com/article/86481/persona-4-arena-ultimax-paid-dlc-detailed

SMT IV Apocalypse, announced before the game launched, released soon after.: https://atlus.com/smt4a/dlc.html

Shin Megami Tensei V's DLC (including more significant DLC like the Fiends and the demon quests such as Artemis, Mephisto, and Cleopatra) launched on day 1

Soul Hackers 2's significant story DLC was released on day 1. There was a patch that updated some things later, such as adding functionality and added one new demon (Soul Hackers 1 design of Pixie), but that was more of a post-release patch than a DLC.

I think if P3R really was going to have DLC for FeMC or The Answer, I think it would have been announced already, as badly as I want FeMC.

But they have been cribbing off me mostly from here, no beef with them. They can take all the heat if they want lol.

Not a shred of a female main character in the DLC but things could change.
Well I didn't see your post before posting the above, so I guess I am (possibly) a dingus, but we will see.

Jan 11, 2018
Just let me romance same-sex characters (but exclude Ken, please), in addition to choosing if I want to play as a male or female character.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of the authenticity of this specific poster, I am simply feasting on the amount of people who don't believe Atlus will do what they have historically done with every Persona release since the original version of 3.

They haven't done it before? They have done it for new mainline games, but there is no precedent for them to release a new version of a remake of an already existing game. This isn't persona 6, this is an updated version of persona 3. They also haven't done dlc content like this either for the series.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

No FeMC as DLC makes sense. It's basically a different game.

But in expanded version down the line a few years later lol. Gotta buy the whole ass game again if you want FeMC. I bet. Make that money Sega.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not to say they will not do this but i fell Atlus usual mo is to leave big things like this to a rerelease, their post launch dlcs are usually small in scope or cosmetic.
The Answer was originally available as a add-on disc that required the vanilla game in Japan on the PS2, It was DLC before DLC. They do a lot of re-releases sure, but I doubt they'll do one this time.

Sep 14, 2018

According to an interview with Gamerwk and Persona 3 Reload producer, Kazuhisa Wada, Atlus isn't considering a revised release of Reload like Persona 5 got with Persona 5 Royal. He states that fans can be assured that Persona 3 Reload will offer a completely remade experience of the original game, and that they worked hard to make sure the game would have a simultaneous worldwide release. "Currently, we are not considering a revision like with Persona 5 to Persona 5 Royal," says Wada. "So, fans can rest assured knowing that Persona 3 Reload offers a complete experience."

I get it but I don't think they would straight up deny it like this if it wasn't true. That interview is dated january 30th, today.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

DLC is not the same as a rerelease though, that was the main point of contention

I think I mentioned in an earlier thread it's getting DLC lol

Imagine all this back and forth just for to get DLC and/or a rerelease and still leave fans not completely satisfied

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

They haven't ever really released significant content via DLC in the past. It's always been with an expanded version of the base game. DLC has always been reserved for smaller items like costumes and music and stuff. This would actually be the first time such a thing would be DLC. So the meal is off the menu

Jun 9, 2023
DLC is not the same as a rerelease though, that was the main point of contention

Imagine all this back and forth just for to get DLC and/or a rerelease and still leave fans not completely satisfied

Atlus doesn't make sense, from inside and out when it comes to some decisions but they know they can release 2-3 versions of a game. It's part of their release strategy.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Having The Answer be later down the line being DLC is possible since it is the epilogue to P3. But I highly doubt we will get FeMC if ever unless they do a whole rerelease.