HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

A machine translation of this tweet comes out as " Please look forward to the follow-up to "Shin Megami Tensei V"! "

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe this means we'll see a reveal of information on the game in 2020 at least. Quite exciting though as I think this is the first time they have really committed to anything SMTV related on social media since the trailer over 2 years ago.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, it's been so long, I'm not going to believe SMTV exists until it's actually out in English and I have a copy in my house. Shit's becoming the Versus XIII of Switch RPGs.

OP
OP
HylianSeven

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, it's been so long, I'm not going to believe SMTV exists until it's actually out in English and I have a copy in my house. Shit's becoming the Versus XIII of Switch RPGs.
It's not unusual for Atlus to take a long time on their bigger games. Remember how long it was between Persona 5's announcement and it's release ("Winter 2014" lmao)?

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
While I know that ATLUS kicking up promo means the release is Soon, it really has been awhile... After SMTIV Apocalypse I'd really like to know where the series is going, definitely have a ton of gripes with that one.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
That's all we need, just little bit of info. Maybe a trailer here or there. Marketing ain't that hard Atlus come on now baby.

Man I really hope Nintendo butts in and makes sure we get a worldwide release here.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Still shorter than P5's road to release but yeah, we need something soon. And something like a Nocturne HD remaster to warm up the audience would be appreciated, I don't think TMS Encore or P5 Strikers will really do the trick there.

Same deal with Re: Fantasy and SQ Next (Etrian Odyssey).

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
after their new year resolution in famitsu, their new year card and now this tweet, 2020 is for sure going to be smtv's year.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Still shorter than P5's road to release but yeah, we need something soon. And something like a Nocturne HD remaster to warm up the audience would be appreciated, I don't think TMS Encore or P5 Strikers will really do the trick there.

Same deal with Re: Fantasy and SQ Next (Etrian Odyssey).

god a nocturne HD remaster would be so good

But they'd fuck it up and make it the Raidou version and I don't want to play the Raidou version. I need my wacky woohoo pizza man to Stinger everything to death.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
If we get a January Direct, perhaps we'll see something there.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It will be 3 years since its announcement, mid January 2017, about damn time I would say.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhh. I can't wait for the next Direct. If this is the real announcement then the time windows for the release date will be 6-8 months since the Direct.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"To increase brand appeal we have decided to rebrand the game Persona 5: Shin Megami Tensei V. Please be excited."

OP
OP
HylianSeven

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh. I can't wait for the next Direct. If this is the real announcement then the time windows for the release date will be 6-8 months since it.
It ain't gonna be in the Direct. Most of the time Atlus would announce this stuff on their own terms. Announcing what came to be known as SMTV in the Nintendo Switch conference was the exception rather than the rule.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
January direct please, with SMT songs/spirits/mii costumes in Smash to promote (and right the wrong that was no megaten stuff with the joker dlc)

OP
OP
HylianSeven

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
January direct please, with SMT songs/spirits/mii costumes in Smash to promote (and right the wrong that was no megaten stuff with the joker dlc)
I almost feel like the lack of anything SMT with Joker in Smash points to a possibility of one of the post-Fighters Pass characters being an SMT character.

I mean there wasn't even a Jack Frost cameo, and I thought that would have been a shoe-in.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I almost feel like the lack of anything SMT with Joker in Smash points to a possibility of one of the post-Fighters Pass characters being an SMT character.

I mean there wasn't even a Jack Frost cameo, and I thought that would have been a shoe-in.
As much as I would like a megaten rep it is impossible, songs, spirits and mii costumes would be enough for me, jack frost not being a mii costume is a crime

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
We're going to get a teaser of a countdown clock for a teaser because Atlus is awful at hyping their IP outside of annoying tactics.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The Atlus System is to start a countdown on your website.

That website will give us a date.

On that date there will be a teaser trailer with the date of a live Atlus event.

And in that live event of Atlus there will be about an hour of actors and creatives chatting and a minute of gameplay offscreen.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Not to be a downer, but I think the reason there wasn't any SMT stuff with Joker is simply because the deal was for Persona specifically - Persona is not a Shin Megami Tensei IP so it wouldn't make sense to just randomly include SMT stuff along with Joker and the Phantom Thieves.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"To increase brand appeal we have decided to rebrand the game Persona 5: Shin Megami Tensei V. Please be excited."

"And to further synergize with the release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions on Switch, we have spent this time retooling the entirety of SMT V to be an idol training simulator."

OP
OP
HylianSeven

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Not to be a downer, but I think the reason there wasn't any SMT stuff with Joker is simply because the deal was for Persona specifically - Persona is not a Shin Megami Tensei IP so it wouldn't make sense to just randomly include SMT stuff along with Joker and the Phantom Thieves.
Didn't stop them from including other SNK franchise stuff with Terry, yet the crossover was "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Fatal Fury" I think it absolutely would have made sense to include a Jack Frost Mii costume or something at least.

May 13, 2019
The Atlus System is to start a countdown on your website.

That website will give us a date.

On that date there will be a teaser trailer with the date of a live Atlus event.

And in that live event of Atlus there will be about an hour of actors and creatives chatting and a minute of gameplay offscreen.
This is what I fully expect to happen.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
god a nocturne HD remaster would be so good

But they'd fuck it up and make it the Raidou version and I don't want to play the Raidou version. I need my wacky woohoo pizza man to Stinger everything to death.

Literally the only thing in my mind that they need to fix is NOT giving End-of-the-Game Grumpy WooHoo Pizza Man Physical Pierce. Without it, he was a liability at the last bosses of the game, and that sucks. They gave it to Raidou, and you can bring him into the Super Boss, so put it on Dante!

May 13, 2019
Didn't stop them from including other SNK franchise stuff with Terry, yet the crossover was "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Fatal Fury" I think it absolutely would have made sense to include a Jack Frost Mii costume or something at least.
eh, when terry joined the roster SNK threw in everything and the kitchen sink, not just just fatal fury/kof stuff.
Well yeah, that's SNK and this is Atlus. Ergo, both companies have very different approach to crossovers.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
This is it atlus, last chance i give smt. Hopefully they stay away from their more....cringy aspects that they've picked up.