Shang

Oct 27, 2017
More shocking to me was what ute stood for. I was wondering what an "ooh-tay" was.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, the lady is wild. How the fuck do you even contemplate sitting inside that vehicle, nevermind if she is wearing some make shift body armour, when there is a fucking huge ass snake sitting beside you like a motherfucking huge ass snake?

JFC

Just fucking abandon that car. It belongs to the streets now

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Yeesh, I swear Aussies must be cortisol resistant or something with the latent stress of all...that.

Your avatar is more frightening to us, tbh.

Aside from a few species, snakes are generally more scared of us and are very lazy. You do need to learn how to identify the asshole ones that would chase you up the stairs though.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
snake and the driver are like
KillBill1_-_Fox_and_Thurman_1734x720.jpg

the whole ride

Mar 30, 2019
Your avatar is more frightening to us, tbh.

Aside from a few species, snakes are generally more scared of us and are very lazy. You do need to learn how to identify the asshole ones that would chase you up the stairs though.
I'm working on awareness of my intimidation factor.

But then you had to paint this colorful image of a wriggling rope bounding up stairs after me to sink its venomous fangs. Thanks.
Ę• xá´Ąx Ę”

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how you sleep at night with spiders as big as dinner plates within an hour vicinity. How do you even live in Australia?

Nov 4, 2017
I don't know how you sleep at night with spiders as big as dinner plates within an hour vicinity. How do you even live in Australia?
It's a real struggle with our high standard of living, universal healthcare, stunning beaches, varied environments, awesome food, award-winning wine, delicious beer, world class coffee culture, 60,000 years of human history, classic Australian larrikinism, four codes of football to enjoy and shockingly high ratio of attractive people. I'm trying to seek asylum elsewhere as we speak.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Red bellies are bros. My understanding is they kill brown snakes which are far more aggressive and dangerous mother fuckers.

No fucking chance I'm sitting in my care with one in there though.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a real struggle with our high standard of living, universal healthcare, stunning beaches, varied environments, awesome food, award-winning wine, delicious beer, world class coffee culture, 60,000 years of human history, classic Australian larrikinism, four codes of football to enjoy and shockingly high ratio of attractive people. I'm trying to seek asylum elsewhere as we speak.

Lmao love this.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Australians general philosophy towards their animals seems to be "it will only hospitalise you, it won't kill you, no dramas"

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I live just south of Brisbane QLD and IMO Red bellies are fine, in my experiences they are not aggressive if you see one just stand still and it will go away. There are some just over my side fence, never come into my yard (that I have seen yet anyway).

Browns though, screw those things I have had one come up to my back door and they can seriously fuck you up.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
Australians need to take the hint, that landmass wasn't meant for people and everyone should leave.

You are seriously underestimating how much people hate spiders and snakes. None of that even moves the needle for me.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Show off, lol

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017

sir

eight legs, EIGHT

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I would love to visit Australia, but then again, I could never visit Australia due to this right here. And that's just counting in the snakes.

Zeus

Corrupted by Vengeance and Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
That's typically the case with spiders and snakes in Australia, they're very rarely fatal and in the case of spiders practically non existent.
To be fair, Funnel-webs are no joke.

In another country without the free healthcare and subsequently free anti-venom availability they would be quite a problem.

Otherwise yeah, its all pretty overblown internationally, lol

Oct 27, 2017
London
Yikes, makes me think twice about doing a working holiday there lol, I don't mind snakes but the venomous ones are seriously deadly in Australia. European vipers (adders) are nothing compared to the venomous snakes they have

Oct 28, 2017
What I really don't get is how 4 snake catchers can all fail at getting the snake out if the car? I ain't no Australian, but you have protective gear and it's rigt there, I feel like you should be able to grab it and just throw it out.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
right? this is the real takeaway from the story. Never thought about snake poop before. Is it like worm poop? probably not thats half soil or something. where is the butt on a snake?

I have a 4 foot Ball Python (extremely docile snakes). She makes some pretty impressive turds. They usually come out in one solid log, in roughly the dimensions of whatever size rat she ate last.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
What I really don't get is how 4 snake catchers can all fail at getting the snake out if the car? I ain't no Australian, but you have protective gear and it's rigt there, I feel like you should be able to grab it and just throw it out.
Apparently one catcher did grab its tail but let go as it was not budging and didn't want to hurt it. It then hid into the dashboard somewhere. She's had people take apart the dash but the snake has found some hiding spots in the car somewhere and they didn't find it. It's winter here too so it's probably looking for a place to curl up until the warmer months and a car is a nice cosy spot for a snake. Could be in there for awhile.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024
When I was in Oz we had a Red Back living in the CD tray of our stereo, we'd open sometimes to check on it and see it in the tray, then press the button and back in it would go.