Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
if all goes well I'm trading in my Octavia Rs for this beauty. Signed the papers today.

m8DMcda.jpg

mVEXiTw.jpg

0jPaoxo.jpg

2017 Arteon. 2.0 TSI 190bhp. A pleasure to drive and to look at. What a gorgeous looking car this is. The prettiest VW ever made imho.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That's awesome man. Must be less than a month now haha!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf9WOuzeWhw

I'm getting really excited about my Eletre order right about now. Lotus firing on all cylinders right now. You know it's good when TH gushes for the length of the video.

Pretty sick car. Glad lotus is back. I just love how clean the interior is. Have you chosen a color?

if all goes well I'm trading in my Octavia Rs for this beauty. Signed the papers today

2017 Arteon. 2.0 TSI 190bhp. A pleasure to drive and to look at. What a gorgeous looking car this is. The prettiest VW ever made imho.
Congrats man. These are pretty rare where I live. I remember seeing more VW CCs back then than I see these today. My father had a CC, so these have a soft spot. That color is nuts. Well chosen.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, the Arteon is pretty rare here in the US, I've barely seen any. Most people are badge snobs, so if they're spending over $40k they'd probably just go for the similarly priced Audi A4 or A5 instead. The base price of the Arteon and A5 sportback are only about $1k apart. Arteon has the cool factor though since you never see them.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
if all goes well I'm trading in my Octavia Rs for this beauty. Signed the papers today.

m8DMcda.jpg

mVEXiTw.jpg

0jPaoxo.jpg

I always wonder why you see so few Arteons about, in the UK at least, they're nice looking cars

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

m8DMcda.jpg

mVEXiTw.jpg

0jPaoxo.jpg

Fantastic car and great color! I had a Passat CC for several years. Was very comfortable but ultimately extremely boring to drive.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
After 2.5 months, car arrived at local port over the weekend! Just another week or so before it arrives at dealer!

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I have no doubt they'll be marked up a lot. Its already not a cheap car.

I am a fan of it though, and even the standard Integra. I don't even care that its 4 door only, even though the internet still seems mad about that.

Acura finally showed off the Type S.
I like it a lot. Wonder how much these will be marked up or if it'll help reduce mark ups on the CTR. Showed it to my wife and she likes it a lot and misses our CTR so we might get it if the price is right. Shouldn't be too bad with a newborn in this šŸ˜…

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq6CT54RT0t/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

hey if its anything like the civic si vs standard integra, it will probably be a better daily driver.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I'd be content with the integra A-spec with a manual tbqh. I'm going to forward the Matt Moran review of the regular integra to my wife to show her a rear facing seat can fit with no issue in the car. She said she only wants a type R or S and if we can't get either at a reasonable price we'll probs get a Honda Passport.

I think it was Tedward who was averaging about 40mpg in his SI so that would work for me even as a daily driver as that what I tend to average in my gen 2 Prius right now.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
My car which is an old Toyota Matrix hatchback gave out on the road yesterday (my first car ever).

I know next to nothing about new cars and really don't much care to buy a car but I need it for work. Looking for suggestions.

-While I had a hatchback previously I don't really need the room
-Most important, I am relatively tall and many cars in the driver's seat have a ceiling that is uncomfortably low for me, that is a huge turnoff
-Good reliability is key (the Toyota was quite reliable overall)
-Not ugly
-Max ceiling is $40k but if I can get away with down to $30k range great
-Long-term I'd like a fully level 5 self-driving electric car, but I figure I want to wait longer for tech to mature?, I can accommodate both gas or electric
-This is probably all pretty vague for auto enthusiasts but that's what I got

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
My car which is an old Toyota Matrix hatchback gave out on the road yesterday (my first car ever).

I know next to nothing about new cars and really don't much care to buy a car but I need it for work. Looking for suggestions.

-While I had a hatchback previously I don't really need the room
-Most important, I am relatively tall and many cars in the driver's seat have a ceiling that is uncomfortably low for me, that is a huge turnoff
-Good reliability is key (the Toyota was quite reliable overall)
-Not ugly
-Max ceiling is $40k but if I can get away with down to $30k range great
-Long-term I'd like a fully level 5 self-driving electric car, but I figure I want to wait longer for tech to mature?, I can accommodate both gas or electric
-This is probably all pretty vague for auto enthusiasts but that's what I got

yeah, its kinda vague. Only thing I can suggest about being tall is make sure to test drive cars without a sunroof as they take up headroom space, sometimes a couple inches worth. My dad is tall and has the same issue, and most smaller cars he can't fit in if they have a sunroof.

I've heard the new Honda Civic is fairly roomy inside, at least in the front, and its a really good car in general. If you want to spend more money look at the Acura Integra, which is just a fancier Civic. Might as well look at the Corolla hatchback, as its pretty similar to the Matrix, and people have said its a bit nicer than the sedan version.

Of course you could always just fix the Matrix and save up a bit longer.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I'm at the Long Beach GP today and I ran into Larry Chen. Took a pic with him but I came out so dorky cuz I've been drinking lol

Also, saw the integra type s in person and it was really clean. Love the lines. My wife loved it so that's a plus. šŸ˜‚

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take whichever is lower between the CTR or ITS. The ITS has the better exterior but the CTR has the better interior.

threi

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Speaking of Integra the new one (A-Spec) is pretty much exactly what i'm looking for in a car (Manual, reasonably peppy but not overkill for a daily commuter, a bit more luxury/upmarket but not overly so, hatchback cause i don't like sedans, reliable) but I just can't justify the price over a base GTI. Here in Canada a base GTI is $35-$36k (which I put a deposit down on) while the Integra 6MT is $45k (which rose to $47k for the 2024 model). Not to mention 6MT Integras are extremely hard to find used and sell the same as MSRP, which is ridiculous.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area

m8DMcda.jpg

mVEXiTw.jpg

0jPaoxo.jpg

Nice! Arteons are awesome. I really love the look and it would've been nice if NA got the arteon R. I think the new ones only come with the 2.0T which is cool.

Good Dreams

Oct 27, 2017
I had this beautiful car delivered a couple days ago. 2010 911 (997.2) with manual transmission. Only 23,500 miles. Owning a 911 has been a dream of mine for 30+ years, so it's a little surreal to have this sitting in my driveway.

I've been fortunate enough to own some really fun cars including a 2002 and 2019 Miata, 2000 and 2007 Boxster, 2015 Cayman, and 2022 Veloster N, so it'll be interesting to see how this stacks up over time.

Y9OobFy.jpg

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Some recent pics of Zara, she turned 2 weeks today with about 250 miles.

Laguna Beach
at-laguna.jpg

Random parking lot
night-time.jpg

Bonus lol
pulling-out-from-garage.jpg

Good Dreams

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! How bad was the markup? What sort on inspection work did you have done? Private sale? I've been looking at similar although a few years newer and ideally an 4S, and the prices have continued to be very aggressive. Happy driving!

It was $64k shipped, bought through Carvana (original sticker price on it was $85k). Locally there are 997S's available for a couple thousand more, but they have 2-3x as many miles and most aren't manuals, which is a requirement for me. Finding a good condition manual is pretty tough, so I jumped on this one when I saw it.

Since it was through Carvana I didn't do a PPI, but it comes with a 100 day/4200 mile warranty. I have an independent Porsche mechanic in my area that I trust to look over it, and if he finds anything major it'll be covered with a small deductible. It does have a few issues - the analog clock on the dash is broken, if you open the passenger's side window it only closes half way before going back down unless you help it up, and the AC wasn't working when I got it. AC just needed a recharge so that was a quick and relatively inexpensive fix. I'll get the clock and window fixed after I have my mechanic look at everything else.

I'll be doing a 4 hour drive tomorrow for a family event. That'll be my first real trip with the car, so I'm looking forward to it.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
2 years of having a licence/owning a car and I finally bothered to figure out how my cruise control works!

I even had the function on my Aprilia when I was still riding a motorcycle but never bothered to read the manual.

I never do many motorway miles so it's probably not even something I'll use to often but at least I know what it feels like now(not a fan, felt weird!).

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I had this beautiful car delivered a couple days ago. 2010 911 (997.2) with manual transmission. Only 23,500 miles. Owning a 911 has been a dream of mine for 30+ years, so it's a little surreal to have this sitting in my driveway.

I've been fortunate enough to own some really fun cars including a 2002 and 2019 Miata, 2000 and 2007 Boxster, 2015 Cayman, and 2022 Veloster N, so it'll be interesting to see how this stacks up over time.

Y9OobFy.jpg

Some recent pics of Zara, she turned 2 weeks today with about 250 miles.

Laguna Beach
at-laguna.jpg

Random parking lot
night-time.jpg

Bonus lol
pulling-out-from-garage.jpg

Gorgeous rides. Love them both!

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Usually it's low end prices that are the giveaway.

Take Top Gear's favourite the Dacia Sandero. Ā£6,000 in 2017 or so.

Ā£8000 in 2020.

It now starts at Ā£14000.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Tire prices have gone insane. Just paid 3000euros for Cup 2 R in Greece, ouch.

Yeah that's a lot. I wonder if being in Europe is part of that, or maybe just the size. Though looking it up, those are just expensive tires in general, but for my car they'd only cost $1100usd. But I also own older cars which use smaller and cheaper tires.

Though I also usually buy Hankook RS-4's because they're a good affordable sporty tire.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Yeah that's a lot. I wonder if being in Europe is part of that, or maybe just the size. Though looking it up, those are just expensive tires in general, but for my car they'd only cost $1100usd. But I also own older cars which use smaller and cheaper tires.

Though I also usually buy Hankook RS-4's because they're a good affordable sporty tire.
285 30 20 front and 305 30 20 rear for my Camaro ZL1. I take it to track once a year so I thought screw it and bought the Cup R. Let's see how long they last lol.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Tire prices have gone insane. Just paid 3000euros for Cup 2 R in Greece, ouch.
Man, I almost wanna sell my car(which I plan on doing at some point this year anyway) before I need to replace the tires. I'm out of work at the moment and don't wanna pay out 1200 quid for a new set of rubber, not including an MOT and service which is due in a couple of months too. Still plan on buying a Volvo 240 and don't mind sticking any old cheap rubber on one of those.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ended up getting a new "daily" - was planning on getting a CLA 45S when they released them in the US this fall, but I couldn't say no to the last V8 C63S. First matte paint for me - crazy how it looks in person.

img_915301d9e.jpeg

img_9187h6fir.jpeg

img_965756cg1.jpeg

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Ended up getting a new "daily" - was planning on getting a CLA 45S when they released them in the US this fall, but I couldn't say no to the last V8 C63S. First matte paint for me - crazy how it looks in person.

img_915301d9e.jpeg

img_9187h6fir.jpeg

img_965756cg1.jpeg
You would have made such a bad mistake if you went with the CLA instead of this. The coupe C63 looks amazing with its wider front and rear fenders, amazing vehicle.

Edit: lol almost didn't the see the AMG GTR in the back. Is the red one a CLA? Also a Macan that should be the true daily driver I assume.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
It's gorgeous from the outside but I just can't deal with those MB interiors. How has your service history been with them?

Also nice to see the Burgh out and about.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area

img_915301d9e.jpeg

img_9187h6fir.jpeg

img_965756cg1.jpeg
Very nice! Love it. Not as much as the AMG GTR in the garage but still nice. Lol.

Welp, my daily driver Prius is totaledā€¦ and I don't know what to get under $35k right now. I wanted to pick up the new civic but the mark ups on those are beyond stupid. Working at a Toyota I can't even get a Prius without adm which is annoying.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Gave Plasti dip a shot with my summer set of wheels. First time using it, pretty pleased with the outcome (so far)

PXL-20230603-204157566.jpg

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Gave Plasti dip a shot with my summer set of wheels. First time using it, pretty pleased with the outcome (so far)

PXL-20230603-204157566.jpg
Nice. I remember when I dipped the wheels on my GTI. It came out looking good but when I had the tires replaced it scraped some of it off and they ended up looking bad. I hadn't sprayed enough dip as it was hard to remove and I struggled for a few hours šŸ˜­

Well, I bought a brand new GLI. 2023 models only come in autobahn trims so it's really nice.
View: https://i.imgur.com/odrC2fc.jpg

View: https://i.imgur.com/W5sUFwX.jpg

The capacitive touch buttons aren't bad like the youtubers make it out to be and they work well, but yah the piano black sucks. Drives real well and is really comfortable. I averaged 41mpg on my drive home going ~ 70-75mph on the highway.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I remember when I dipped the wheels on my GTI. It came out looking good but when I had the tires replaced it scraped some of it off and they ended up looking bad. I hadn't sprayed enough dip as it was hard to remove and I struggled for a few hours šŸ˜­

Well, I bought a brand new GLI. 2023 models only come in autobahn trims so it's really nice.
View: https://i.imgur.com/odrC2fc.jpg

View: https://i.imgur.com/W5sUFwX.jpg

Hoping to get a few years out of it. Brand New tires and half the year I run a different set of wheels and tires, so should be good.