Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Autumn (Fall) starts on September 23rd of this year. It ends on December 21.

In America, particularly NJ, DST ends Nov 4th of this year.

One last things is close up my opening statement, Nov 16th is the date when the average low temperature in my area is below freezing. The final day that the high tempetature is 60f o above is Oct. 30th.

Main points:

Everyone lumps in the three weeks following labor day into "fall/autumn". It. Isn't. Fucking. Autumn. On. September. Fucking. 10th. Still summer friendo. Even worse, once we get into autumn proper, at best we have five weeks before everything is cold and dark. Can you catch a nice November day in NJ? Sometimes. Don't count it though. Most of the leaves are down by the first week of November anyway, with SEVEN WEEKS of autumn remaining. None of the leaves change color before Oct 10 and are all gone by Nov 10th. You catch a few weekends of shitty rainy weather and you miss out on the brief period of beautiful perfection that is the fall we all picture in our heads. The weather sucks.

The Holidays: Halloween has been pushed into midsummer and Thanksgiving is always on a short and dreary weather day. You may be lucky enough to get black Friday off but you take your life into your hands leaving the house with the amount of hungover assholes chasing ten dollar crockpots. Christmas season starts on November 1st and its no accident that drug use, drinking and suicides all go through the roof. Hell, I love my family, my gf, my nephews and have great friends but even I'm fucking done by Dec 25th.

Closing

Its August 13th. Cherish this final month of summer weather everyone, have a BBQ on labor day. Take a bike ride. Winterize your place.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Autumn is the best. Get your anti-Autumn propaganda off of this forum.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Correct. We only get about 3 weeks of fall in Vancouver where it isn't raining every day. By mid to late October, its raining every day.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm with all the hot heat of socal right now, I want autumn to come in and cool it down even if it's just a tiny bit. It's just hot af right now and I want it to go away.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
I live in SoCal, and hate the Summer. Sorry, I can't wait for Autumn and Winter. Even if the temps barely drop here. I will not cherish the remaining time of Summer lol.

RNGesus

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
You should try living in a non cold weather state where the winter doesn't last half the year.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Meh nothing but grey depressing sky and cold weather here in Michigan.

Fall sucks

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Spring and Fall do feel more and more like just short in-between seasons between swamp balls and can't feel my feet. This is especially true when summer feels more like 5 months long in the Midwest even.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Astronomic fall starts on the equinox. Meterological fall starts on September 1.

/thread.

Yes I know and no one besides meterologists goes by this.

Look tldr, it's like Billy beane in money ball, instead of "I hate losing even more than I like winning" it's "I hate winter even more than I love fall".

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MN fall can either be really nice even into November or it could be snowing by mid October.

Spring same thing, can be nice starting in March but it can also be cold as fuck until May.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Autumn is the GOAT. Cool, crisp weather. Full moons. Clear skies. Smell of the air. Nothing better.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im in NJ as well...and F**K SUMMER.

I have to deal with the lawn, the bugs, the heat...give me HOODIES!! and cold weather...kill off the bugs, make my lawn / plants go dormant / just let me do nothing.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I like fall here in the PNW

(Some) trees get color, the moisture comes back, cool walks through the forest...

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing some like autumn since they live in near unhabitable places in the summer.

Summers are actually great where I live, so I can fully say that autumn is depressing when the nice weather is gone.

It sucks because of that. Other than that though, it's alright. I enjoy the nice rain for a bit until it becomes monotonous and daily.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine. Get a grip. You'll have to live with this for the rest of your life.
Or choose a region where autumn is simply very different.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I live in the PNW. Autumn is easily the best time of the year. Mud Sept through mid November.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Meteorological Autumn starts September 1st and it makes more sense anyway

Autumn: September, October, November
Winter: December, January, February
Spring: March, April, May
Summer: June, July, August

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Fall sucks and is just a lead in for something worse to come (winter). Occasionally you get some decent days. More than likely it's going to be hot days and cold nights unless true fall/winter weather comes early. Impossible to dress for both without changing.

Summer is the best and this is coming from a region with hot and humid weather. I'm fine with it being a mild winter.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Raking leaves.

Sorry.

I have a lot of leaves, but I also have a good back pack blower, good earphones, and can slip ear buds in there and blast some rock. And I just have to get them to the street - trucks come around and vacuum them up. Its almost a fun 'F it yard work is over' party.

Jan 4, 2018
Autumn in the Midwest is still the best to me. Particularly October. Usually in the 60s, light cool breeze, the air has a scent to it not found during the rest of the year, trees are all sorts of beautiful colors, overcast skies. And football is back and baseball is at its peak.

It doesn't last long, but that just makes it more special to me.