Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
don't care still love autumn the most, your weird date argument doesn't sway me what-so-ever

OP
OP

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
don't care still love autumn the most, your weird date argument doesn't sway me what-so-ever

Its simple, the parts we like of autumn are actually summer and December is still mostly autumn, not winter.

Who has good weather on thanksgiving? No one. The pilgrims probably had to have it in a hut that the native Americans built for them or something as it rained nonstop.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its simple, the parts we like of autumn are actually summer and December is still mostly autumn, not winter.

Who has good weather on thanksgiving? No one. The pilgrims probably had to have it in a hut that the native Americans built for them or something as it rained nonstop.
But who are you to tell me that I don't enjoy Thanksgiving--->late December weather?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not ready for the cold weather again :( I wish summer never ended. The only good thing about the fall and winter is cute boot season and I take out my wide array of leggings to wear and Halloween/Thanksgiving are nice holidays. The awful cold weather isn't very nice though. Wish Massachusetts was 80f+ every day all year round, anything below that is cold :(

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What does OP mean when he says Halloween has been pushed to mid summer? They legit changed the date because of weather?

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I never ever understood why the seasons start at their hightime, when they should be positioned around that time. Summer shouldn't start June 21st, that date should be the middle/climax of the season.

Nathan_Drake

Nov 6, 2017
Autumn (Fall) starts on September 23rd of this year. It ends on December 21.

In America, particularly NJ, DST ends Nov 4th of this year.

One last things is close up my opening statement, Nov 16th is the date when the average low temperature in my area is below freezing. The final day that the high tempetature is 60f o above is Oct. 30th.

Main points:

Everyone lumps in the three weeks following labor day into "fall/autumn". It. Isn't. Fucking. Autumn. On. September. Fucking. 10th. Still summer friendo. Even worse, once we get into autumn proper, at best we have five weeks before everything is cold and dark. Can you catch a nice November day in NJ? Sometimes. Don't count it though. Most of the leaves are down by the first week of November anyway, with SEVEN WEEKS of autumn remaining. None of the leaves change color before Oct 10 and are all gone by Nov 10th. You catch a few weekends of shitty rainy weather and you miss out on the brief period of beautiful perfection that is the fall we all picture in our heads. The weather sucks.

The Holidays: Halloween has been pushed into midsummer and Thanksgiving is always on a short and dreary weather day. You may be lucky enough to get black Friday off but you take your life into your hands leaving the house with the amount of hungover assholes chasing ten dollar crockpots. Christmas season starts on November 1st and its no accident that drug use, drinking and suicides all go through the roof. Hell, I love my family, my gf, my nephews and have great friends but even I'm fucking done by Dec 25th.

Closing

Its August 13th. Cherish this final month of summer weather everyone, have a BBQ on labor day. Take a bike ride. Winterize your place.

So much anger. Please rank in order of your hatred.

Autumn, the MCU, Winter, no more Fox X-men movies, Pumpkin Spice flavored treats, and Simon Kinberg

Deleted member 42758

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Apr 29, 2018
Perhaps the real issue is living in New Jersey?

I kid.

But on topic, this summer has been particularly harsh for many areas around the globe. Autumn can't come soon enough for those who were hit with wave after wave of excruciating heat. Personally, I prefer hoodie and jean weather to all other seasonal climates.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
But it's the best season, and brings forth the return of hockey.

Throughout most of autumn, the weather is really nice (a good mix of warm and cool), and it has Halloween, plus scary movies. It's way better than summer and winter.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Autumn is quite lovely here in Colorado. Maybe because I live at a high elevation and can go on a drive through the mountains and see the colors change like it's no big deal.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to be a summer baby so autumn for me begins on September 20th.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a fan of fall. Baseball season ends, gets darker earlier, cold windy days, occasionally it snows. I like outdoor activities and fall means that's about to end. I go from being super tan to pasty white.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Autumn is the worst season by a significant margin to me.

The excellent weather of summer instantly shuts off and turns into bitter cold, the only good days in the entire season is Halloween and Black Friday (or does that count as the first day of Winter), and free time evaporates.

It's so genuinely atrocious, and I'm grateful that I am not allergic to anything, so I don't need to deal with that.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
South USA here. I can not wait for it to stinkin cooool down. I'm counting the days for Fall, because that date of Fall is closer to cooler weather than 8/13.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Autumn is the worst season by a significant margin to me.

The excellent weather of summer instantly shuts off and turns into bitter cold, the only good days in the entire season is Halloween and Black Friday (or does that count as the first day of Winter), and free time evaporates.
Summer into bitter cold? No way. It's like a two-month gradient of extremely comfortable temperatures before you could even consider it bitter cold, but I guess results may vary based on where you live. In New England where I'm from it's super nice and comfortable for a long time before it starts getting nasty out.
Also how is autumn the worst season for you due to cold? Did you forget what comes after autumn?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Summer into bitter cold? No way. It's like a two-month gradient of extremely comfortable temperatures before you could even consider it bitter cold, but I guess results may vary based on where you live. In New England where I'm from it's super nice and comfortable for a long time before it starts getting nasty out.
Also how is autumn the worst season for you due to cold? Did you forget what comes after autumn?
Once the weather drops below 85 degrees Fahrenheit, I consider it bitter cold. So around early September.

As for Winter, while yes it is theoretically colder, the difference between its "freezing cold" and "bitter cold" is minimal. And Winter makes up for it with more free time and prettier scenery.

If it were up to me, every day would range between 85 and 94 degrees, it would be overcast/foggy, and there would be an hour of intense rain.
Sounds like heaven to me!

Oct 27, 2017
best time of the year

long sleeves and sweatpants, baby

also, i live in texas so it's still like summer weather most of the "fall" with a few cold front days leading into december

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Once the weather drops below 85 degrees Fahrenheit, I consider it bitter cold. So around early September.

As for Winter, while yes it is theoretically colder, the difference between its "freezing cold" and "bitter cold" is minimal. And Winter makes up for it with more free time and prettier scenery.

If it were up to me, every day would range between 85 and 94 degrees, it would be overcast/foggy, and there would be an hour of intense rain.
Sounds like heaven to me!
I feel uncomfortable and sweaty just thinking about this range, my god! Summer for me is literally just three whole months of being totally uncomfortable.

But to hate fall.... How could one not like hoodies, and flannel, and blankets, or the smell of cool air and crisp falling leaves, the soothing glow of jack-o-lanterns, and warm deserts?! There's just so much to love in autumn I can't imagine what it's like to be a person that loathes the season. To each their own, though.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I live in missouri where it can be autumn from mid Sept all the way up to december. Spring is like a week long anymore. A couple weeks of 60 degree weather and its straight to 85+. Spring is the real worst season because it fails to be a season anymore.

LORANT92

Oct 28, 2017
Hungary
Just because the weather in NY is shit by fall isn't going to make me like it any less, Calendar Man

Fall is awesome, and it starts in September

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel uncomfortable and sweaty just thinking about this range, my god! Summer for me is literally just three whole months of being totally uncomfortable.

But to hate fall.... How could one not like hoodies, and flannel, and blankets, or the smell of cool air and crisp falling leaves, the soothing glow of jack-o-lanterns, and warm deserts?! There's just so much to love in autumn I can't imagine what it's like to be a person that loathes the season. To each their own, though.
I despise hoodies and flannel. My aesthetic is tank tops and band tees, the less material on my arms the better. Also cool air is code for 70 degree weather, which to me is too cold!

Indifferent towards crisp falling leaves. It's just leaves, no reason to spend time looking or thinking about them.

I love blankets and jack-o-lanterns, but I use blankets in all seasons (I use 3-4 blankets when I sleep) and jack-o-lanterns are practically nonexistent anywhere. Also warm desserts can be enjoyed in any season, it's not exclusive to fall!

The best thing about Fall is that Halloween is so rad that it takes over an otherwise awful month, but still!

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My love for Fall is challenged every year by the fact that my allergies are at their absolute worst the minute the last week of September hits. But that's the only negative for me.

An added bonus of fall is it's the GOAT season for men's fashion. I can finally break out mah cozy sweaters and jackets.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Autumn and Winter in the Netherlands are almost the same thing in the Netherlands. Rainy, overcast, windy, some snow in the winter.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Indifferent towards crisp falling leaves. It's just leaves, no reason to spend time looking or thinking about them.

I love blankets and jack-o-lanterns, but I use blankets in all seasons (I use 3-4 blankets when I sleep) and jack-o-lanterns are practically nonexistent anywhere.
Haha, well you're quite an interesting person. 3-4 blankets in 90 degree weather sounds absolutely torturous....
As for the leaf thing, it's just an aesthetic appeal. It's not like there's some objective reason leaves are great, it's just a preference like preferring chocolate over vanilla, that sort of thing.

Well at least we agree about Halloween! I also love overcast days so we have that in common too. Though if it were up to me every day would be a rainy day, I just hate the sun lol

Keeng

Nov 1, 2017
What a weird thing to be mad about. Fall is my favourite time of the year and I wish it was 15-20C every day all year.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who lives in the South,

No.

^^^^

Autumn in Georgia is as close to Heaven as there could possibly be. Every time I step outside it's bliss.

giphy.gif

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
THE FUCK?

burn this heretic on the leaf pile

Autumn and Winter in the Netherlands are almost the same thing in the Netherlands. Rainy, overcast, windy, some snow in the winter.
Yeah autumn and winter blur heavily here in the NW United States too. It's just different degrees of cold and wet between October through April. We have beautiful sunny days year round, but it's definitely overcast and damp for a long stretch of the year.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, autumn/fall sucks, not as much as winter but it's not far behind.