• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers endgame is the pinnacle of achievement for human society. It is the culmination of billions of years of evolution. It will separate your life into two eras: before Endgame, and after Endgame. When it releases, you will see people breaking down crying in the streets because they watched endgame two weeks ago and are still processing it. They will be processing it for the rest of their lives. If you have someone in your life who isnt planning on seeing it, you must force them to. Even if it requires drugging them. Once they witness it, they will understand. We all will. This movie will completely change human society.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
My problem is that the movie makes clear that they are not really dead and so I don't feel anything when I know they are going to come back in some way.
Strange, I remember the movie ending with everyone in an almost catatonic state trying to comprehend what's happening. Maybe you're confusing the movie with your own expectations?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Because I do not do social media (save occasional twitter use) come 28th, going to stay the fuck away from imgur and YT home page (block that page as well as the Recommended section).

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017
Avengers endgame is the pinnacle of achievement for human society. It is the culmination of billions of years of evolution. It will separate your life into two eras: before Endgame, and after Endgame. When it releases, you will see people breaking down crying in the streets because they watched endgame two weeks ago and are still processing it. They will be processing it for the rest of their lives. If you have someone in your life who isnt planning on seeing it, you must force them to. Even if it requires drugging them. Once they witness it, they will understand. We all will. This movie will completely change human society.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Those Social Media reactions are not trustworthy. I remember ALL the great initial social media buzz on Batman vs Superman, we know how it ended ( even if I was in the minority enjoying it ).

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any reviews from non nerd sites? I'm checking most of these twitter timelines and they were praying the the Avengers alter they made before they even saw the movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
Infinity War had far more humor than I expected going in too. I'm sure it'll still be great.

The concern-whining about emotions in a film is baffling. Artists create, and they often create differently than we expect. Complaining about a particular emotion showing up too often in a film is just another way of demanding that it meets your expectations.

It's a terrible film-habit.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Since we have noting to mock about this movie, let's mock people's reactions and make fun of people for getting emotional and crying.

Big weepy babies, enjoying things and then crying about them. Am I rite, guys?

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
It REALLY is not. Have you even checked the article you shared? NONE of those tweets are from verified accounts or critics. Compare them to the tweets from this thread.
Critics reactions usually mirror their upcoming reviews.
Random fan reactions Critic reactions.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when they said Hitchcock had been dethroned by Jordan Peele after they watched Us?

These chucklesheads always get overly excited, swept up in the moment.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

Lots of reviews today at 3 pm PST/6 PM EST.

Keep in mind that there are a ton of press screenings today in bigger cities, so we won't see the full brunt of critical impressions until late tonight or tomorrow because of the quick turnaround. A friend of mine is reviewing the movie for Vox, and she won't get to see it until 5pm EST today.

Expect lots of reviews to hit at random times.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
Remember when they said Hitchcock had been dethroned by Jordan Peele after they watched Us?

These chucklesheads always get overly excited, swept up in the moment.
You may be right about people getting over excited but keep in mind that Russo Brothers have a flawless record in these movies. Judging by the Infinity War, people have every right to get excited.
Also, Russo Brothers are so confident in this movie that they call Endgame "Their best work yet."

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
Made yourself look a bit silly there.

Not as silly as Liverpool potentially finishing with 97 points and losing the Premier League.

But yes. That post was silly.

Hell fucking no. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I'll wait to see impressions from someone who doesn't have Avengers movie posters in their living room.

I'm not sure what to tell you other than many of these people are not comic book people. Variety's reviewer has long been critical and even he wasn't scathing or altogether negative in his comments.

Don't take these at face-value, sure. But certainly don't dismiss good fodder for discussion.

Oct 27, 2017
Not just deaths but after rewatching Ultron the other week I honestly can't remember a single time the Ultron drones even harm the heroes. They are literally there just to be chopped down, in Avengers at least I remember Cap getting shot in the gut and Iron Man on the floor as several Chitauri beat him, I can't remember anything like that in Ultron.
At least you remember parts of Ultron. That movie was so nothing that I fortunately can't recall any of it. The difference in quality between it and IW was immense.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have a review prediction thread yet? I'm thinking this sits at 90% average positive with a 7.2 average score.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I think it will be around 80% on RT. I didn't realise IW was 'only' at 85%, I think these films that require viewing of some previous films put some critics off.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
this, but unironically, is what I expect everybody on this godforsaken web forum to be blubbering for weeks to come

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Where is the OT? Don't care about biased social media impressions. Oh and there better not be a single joke during 3 hours, because it would make the major character death have absolutely zero impact on me
/s

Seriously though were is the OT? ^^ Seeing this in 28 hours and I can't fucking wait.

this, but unironically, is what I expect everybody on this godforsaken web forum to be blubbering for weeks to come

I've been stopping random people on the streets to tell them the same kind of stuff for weeks now, only got arrested twice.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Where is the OT? Don't care about biased social media impressions. Oh and there better not be a single joke during 3 hours, because it would make the major character death have absolutely zero impact on me
/s

Seriously though were is the OT? ^^ Seeing this in 28 hours and I can't fucking wait.

Supposedly coming in about 7 hours along with the review embargo

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

I love this.

It's even better than Snyder comparing watching BvS to losing your virginity, except one person was actually being serious.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What did he say other than Chris Evans cried? How is that a personal take?

So you really did only read the OP and didn't bother to even check like... at least the rest of the first page?

If you're not going to read past a couple tweets in the OP in an impressions thread, perhaps don't make comments about the credibility of the critics.

It's incredible how some of you have this strange desire to discredit positive impressions.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So you really did only read the OP and didn't bother to even check like... at least the rest of the first page?

If you're not going to read past a couple tweets in the OP in an impressions thread, perhaps don't make comments about the credibility of the critics.

It's incredible how some of you have this strange desire to discredit positive impressions.
People seek validation for their biases. People will ignore dozens of positive takes in favor of one bad one for something they are predisposed to disliking.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I want this to be as good as the next person, (bought tickets the day they went on sale for a Saturday IMAX with my wife). I just always get irritated with these overly bombastic seas of praise in the ensuing five minutes after watching the movie, they have to rush to Twitter.

I can't tell you how many times I've been utterly bewildered reading these twitter comments after seeing an incomprehensibly hyped movie. (The last one being Us)

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Literally unrelated to the topic at hand.

I can't tell you how many times I've been utterly bewildered reading these twitter comments after seeing an incomprehensibly hyped movie. (The last one being Us)

And Us was an incredible film.

Sometimes, you'll disagree with the critics. It doesn't mean they're not trustworthy. You're writing them off for the sake of it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

I want this to be as good as the next person, (bought tickets the day they went on sale for a Saturday IMAX with my wife). I just always get irritated with these overly bombastic seas of praise in the ensuing five minutes after watching the movie, they have to rush to Twitter.

Us was fantastic though

Something not appealing or clicking with you doesn't make positive/critical impressions untrustworthy. It isn't even a matter of "trust".