• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For whatver reason, I don't have any problem with reading rumored leaks or leaks in general.

I just don't want to see pics/clips from the movie/show. :P

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tony dead, Natasha dead, Steve staying in 1945...

I didn't expect and don't like that last part. Seems out of character for him to just sit around and not do stuff like stop Hydra or save Tony's parents and Bucky.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"I'm not interested in seeing a prequel story about a dead character."
"Lucasfilm, give us an Ewan Obi-Wan movie, I'm begging you!"

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm not interested in seeing a prequel story about a dead character."
"Lucasfilm, give us an Ewan Obi-Wan movie, I'm begging you!"
That's only because we want to give Ewan the chance to play the character with a good script and good director. He worked magic with the garbage Lucas gave him.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Open spoilers, right?

I can't fathom why they chose to kill Stark and leave Steve alive, it's seriously a backwards decision narrative-wise.

Steve leaves and goes to live in the past, therefore:
  • Peggy's family is replaced by whatever family Steve Rogers has with her now.
  • Rogers doesn't give half a shit about Bucky being brainwashed, killing Tony's parents, or any of that — given that he can now interfere. Nah. He just lives in some cabin with his wife.
  • Hydra infiltrating SHIELD? Yeah, not gonna do anything about it either. Time paradoxes and all that.
Even ignoring those points, this goes against Steve's character. He is a man out of time, someone struggling to adjust to the modern era. He does not yearn for a better life for himself, but rather for a better world. Are you telling me that after all these years with the Avengers he never grew as a character? His most profound desire was to go back in time and dance with Peggy? What about Bucky? Sam? What about anything he's been doing the past decade or so.
I never thought they would go this route with Steve at all. Maybe it will play out better in the movie?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like (from one leaker) that they accidentally send him back too far, so that's why he couldn't come back through the quantum portal (he needed to wait it out to deliver the stone back to the right place/time).

Once that is done, he has no choice but to wait until 2019 to reappear as he can't mess with the timeline.

It makes total sense that Cap would lay low, as he knows that messing with the timeline would prevent them stopping Thanos, everything needs to happen the way it did for the plan to work.

If thats true then it makes much more sense and that is satisfying.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't buy that Steve would be happy to sit around and let Hydra fester and grow and let Bucky stay a frozen pawn for decades.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn, seems very likely now that the leaks are true, that is some bullshit.
I know people that saw the movie say that it is way different when you see it, but there is no way that this will be a good end for cap.

And i can't believe how dirty they did Natasha if it's real. (the whole 10 years really). Not only an awful ending but also already dooming her solo movie that should have come years ago. What a fucking shame. And now they can't even blame Ike for it.

Thor and Tony sound like something that could be OK if executed correctly.

Last edited:

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So post move state of the universe stuff.

its still 5 years since the snap, but everyone just showed up again?

So like... Peter Parker will still be 16 or whatever but half his friends are 21?

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So like... Peter Parker will still be 16 or whatever but half his friends are 21?
Someone mentioned it as an excuse to get him into a class with Harry and Gwen, and then into college with the real MJ.

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im not reading anything but can someone spoil the post credt scene? Im only curious about this

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017

Someone mentioned it as an excuse to get him into a class with Harry and Gwen, and then into college with the real MJ.

Oh god.

But the most important question what happens with Agents of Shield?? They either have to all get snapped (which is stupid), or no one get's snapped (also stupid.) and it would play in the "directly after the snap" world (that would be cool)

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
Oh god.

But the most important question what happens with Agents of Shield?? They either have to all get snapped (which is stupid), or no one get's snapped (also stupid.) and it would play in the "directly after the snap" world (that would be cool)

Wouldn't it statistically only be half?

Oh... oh no... Fitzsimmons....

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god.

It isnt canon.

Problem solved.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
It isnt canon.

Problem solved.
What are you talking about? It is one of the central points of AoS that the movies directly influence the show and exist at the same time.

Wouldn't it statistically only be half?

Oh... oh no... Fitzsimmons....

Yeah, that's what i mean, it would be stupid to have all or no one, but i can't see them splitting them up?

The only thing that would make sense is to say Mack and Jojo stayed behind. But Daisy, Simmons, Fitz and Deke have to stay the same age.....

Last edited:

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
So, about a 5 year timeskip when everyone is unsnapped. I assumed they were going to go with the idea of the snap never happening, stopping him before he does it. But they don't so...how is everyone's life going to move forward? For instance, won't the people who lived be out of high school now and older than Peter? Won't some family members be older now? I thought FFH took place in high school so was everyone in his class magically snapped as well and it's just convenient?

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
The Cap'n thing will be divisive as all hell I don't see how they can pull it off in a way that doesn't piss people off

This reads like someone who hasn't seen the film.

I am very, very curious to see how the movie actually explains things.

Quite well. The Ancient One is smart.

Cap's ending seems way too convoluted, don't know if the casual audience will get it.

It is very direct, nicely done, and well deserved.

So I haven't seen a single post in this thread and accidentally saw something elsewhere saying "what did Bucky think of Sam getting the shield?"

Now, the person said they heard it and haven't seen the movie. For those who have seen it, is this even a discussion or is someone just incorrect or being mislead?

Mind you, I want to know nothing about Cap or anything else, just curious if it sounds like the person was legit or just trolling. I don't know if it's temporary, permanent, anything (nor do I want to know anything else, either).

Hell, you could even say "legit" or "troll" or "could go either way." Quote me or even PM me if you can answer, no other spoilers or info please. Or if it doesn't even matter as far as plot goes, say that too. I'm hoping it's just a random guess but I know it's likely anyway.

Thanks!

Legit.

I agree, some things just don't make sense at all, particularly the timeline stuff. The ending taking place five years later and Far from Home starting right after Endgame is just baffling.

The ending does not take place five years after the film.

Even ignoring those points, this goes against Steve's character. He is a man out of time, someone struggling to adjust to the modern era. He does not yearn for a better life for himself, but rather for a better world. Are you telling me that after all these years with the Avengers he never grew as a character? His most profound desire was to go back in time and dance with Peggy? What about Bucky? Sam? What about anything he's been doing the past decade or so.

Steve and Tony both grow as characters. They are not unchanging.

Fascinated how they reconcile

- Tony insisting the five years aren't touched / his daughter survives

- The Fallen coming back and five years having passed

They've got to reset time to just a few seconds post Snap surely? Just bundle the survivors / Pepper et al through to it

No reset to just after snap.

Can't Spidey's adventure still happen? It's not like everyone was frozen in time for those five years. People were up to shit.

The snapped were frozen in time.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The ending does not take place five years after the film.
No reset to just after snap.

I don't understand what you mean by this. And I think this is where a lot of confusion regarding these spoilers and leaks are coming from.

5 years pass in Endgame.

What specifically happens when Hulk uses the Gauntlet?

He brings everyone back AND changes the year from 2023 to 2018? Or do the Avengers go back to 2018 and use the Gauntlet then? How can people come back and things be reset if it's 5 years later?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what you mean by this. And I think this is where a lot of confusion regarding these spoilers and leaks are coming from.

5 years pass in Endgame.

He brings everyone back AND changes the year from 2023 to 2018? Or do the Avengers go back to 2018 and use the Gauntlet then? How can people come back and things be reset if it's 5 years later?

I would imagine that people just come back close to where they disappeared. Hopefully not halfway through walls or anything.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine that people just come back close to where they disappeared. Hopefully not halfway through walls or anything.

If this is true-it's such a messy solution. What happened to the people that lived during that time? You're telling me that some people didn't mourn their loved spouse but then remarry during those 5 years? And then all of a sudden their first dead spouse just re-appears?

They have to "un-do" the snap, not just return the people that were dusted 5 years later.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
If this is true-it's such a messy solution. What happened to the people that lived during that time? You're telling me that some people didn't mourn their loved spouse but then remarry during those 5 years? And then all of a sudden their first dead spouse just re-appears?

They have to "un-do" the snap, not just return the people that were dusted 5 years later.
I would have been disappointed if they did that. Talk about cheap.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017

5 years pass in Endgame.

As I understand it, time isn't changed back to 2018. The people who snapped come back like nothing happened, but five years have passed. Which is a bit weird considering that means that everybody who got snapped is five years younger than anyone else.

I do wonder now if Far From Home is really set post-Endgame because there would ve some serious age shenanigans going on with Peter vs. The rest of his classmates (unless everyone got snapped).

Status
Not open for further replies.