• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Why didn't give cap his shield to Bucky? Felt out of nowhere that he gave it to Falcon.
Enjoyed the movie a lot, but I didn't like the cap ending at all, not becuase of the time travel, it just felt so rushed.

He clearly talked to Bucky about it beforehand. I'm gonna imagine Bucky refused the shield and suggested Sam instead.

Bucky knew what was about to happen before Steve left.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Quick question.

Who was the teenager at the funeral?

Behind Bucky I think? We see the entire crowd, the shot goes from Peter to Clint and his family over to T'Challa and his family, then Bucky and Scarlett Witch (?) then a kid standing on his own.

I can't remember who he is though

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah .. what if someone got dusted in a plane, or in space ... if they reppear at the exact location, they're fucked lol
i know these sort of questions are inevitable but these type of things just seem sort of nitpicky. it's funny to think about but i just thought "just go with it, it's a comic book movie" and let it be.

(not saying you yourself are making a huge deal about it though)

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone already mentioned on how old Steve Rodgers gave Sam a different Shield and not the original Shield?

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
What's important to you isn't important to me, what's minor to you, maybe isn't minor to me. The fact that there was no "sync" of the stones undercuts the weight of the moment, that was a good opportunity to bring cohesion to the mayhem and have the rest of the avengers defend Stark from a desperate Thanos trying to stop him.

There were other ways to do that scene and have it be consistent with the rest of the film without breaking the narrative, pacing, surprise and the rules they have established over 2 films!! They just chose a way that doesn't.
I think you care far too much about trivial plot matters. If it makes you feel better, you're not alone.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is proof that closed time loops DO EXIST.

Lord almighty, it's the same misunderstanding over and over. Really, someone who is rewatching the movies needs to note down the time travel explanation scenes, also the scene where TAO is talking about the possible futures of her timeline, so we can threadmark it and put an end to this Dormammu style torture.
I know that part of the Ancient One and Bruce scene went like this, and from another post:

Bruce goes to the Sanctum to retrieve the Time Stone. He talks to the Ancient One who explains that she cannot give away the Time Stone, as it would lead to the eventual destruction of her universe in that timeline. She explains that the Infinity Stones create the flow of time and if one is removed, then the flow splits creating a branch reality. Eventually, she gives up the Time Stone after Bruce tells her that Strange said it was the only way.

[one yellow line is displayed]
TAO: Remove one of the stones, and that flow splits.
[shows a black line splitting off the yellow line]
TAO: Now this may benefit your reality. But my new one, not so much. In this new ??? (bartriach?), without our chief weapon against the forces of darkness, our world will be overrun. Millions will suffer. So tell me doctor, can your science prevent all that?
BRUCE: No. But we can erase it. Because once we're done with the stones, we can return each one to its own timeline, at the moment it was taken. So chronologically, in that reality [puts time stone back on yellow line], it never left.

Later on she say "I can't risk my reality on a promise." When Bruce promises not to die, so the stones can be returned to their timelines.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'd hope Steve would have talked to Bucky before he went back in time again, since he may have wanted to live in his own time too.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
How about this:

Infinity War makes a huge deal about Thanos creating the Infinity Gauntlet, showing Peter Dinklage as the last Dwarf alive after Thanos killed everyone else and cut of Dinklage's hands to make sure no one could ever make a gauntlet/weapon that can harness the power of the stones ever again. It's also said that such a weapon can only be made at this forge that literally uses the power of a sun to run.

In Endgame Tony casually creates two Infinity Gauntlets in an afternoon: one that looks like the gauntlet Thanos used and one that he seemlessly integrates in his suit.

The gauntlets are clearly imperfect though, as they inflict incredible damage on both Hulk and Tony. They aren't perfect, they do just enough to allow them to get off a snap.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed nether Ghost or Sif were in the final battle
Sif's disappearance in general really sucks. Was she snapped? She wasn't with Thor's group when they got murdered in Thor 3 either. I hope they aren't ignoring her because they think one female Thor character is enough. :/

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Why didn't give cap his shield to Bucky? Felt out of nowhere that he gave it to Falcon.
Enjoyed the movie a lot, but I didn't like the cap ending at all, not becuase of the time travel, it just felt so rushed.

Bucky is an old man & you can see it on his face every time a fight starts up; he is sick of it. He doesn't want to be that guy. I don't think there is any part of Bucky that would want to be Cap outside of doing it for his friend if asked.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hold on now, Rocket clearly likes Bucky's arm.

Jokes aside, Shuri, T'Challa, and some nameless Wakanda kids like him!

I love Sam and all, but Bucky clearly has a lot more to prove to people and a lot to redeem himself for. I think thematically he would have been a better candidate for the next Cap. A reluctant (anti ?) hero filling the shoes of a legend.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Sif's disappearance in general really sucks. Was she snapped? She wasn't with Thor's group when they got murdered in Thor 3 either. I hope they aren't ignoring her because they think one female Thor character is enough. :/
I'm not entirely sure but I think they're giving her a spin off show at least

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the US looked like the last time Bucky was an actual citizen there:

main_900.jpg

Now you get why he's a bad pick to be the hero representative of the country and Sam actually makes sense.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love Sam and all, but Bucky clearly has a lot more to prove to people and a lot to redeem himself for. I think thematically he would have been a better candidate for the next Cap. A reluctant (anti ?) hero filling the shoes of a legend.

He can still prove himself. Sam deserves it more. Frankly, I'll be surprised if Bucky doesn't retire soon

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Couldn't have Doctor Strange have used to time stone to isolate on Tony and undo the damage that the snap did to him?

May 9, 2018
Random question: For the Reality Stone, why did they go back in time to 2013 Asgard for the Stone when they could have gone to 2014 Cosmic with the others, since The Collector had the Reality Stone at the time and Thor knew that?

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
He clearly talked to Bucky about it beforehand. I'm gonna imagine Bucky refused the shield and suggested Sam instead.

Bucky knew what was about to happen before Steve left.

How do they play it with Sam becoming Captain America in comics? From what I understand he doesn't have any super powers, correct? Is it essentially just Falcon with the CA shield?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bucky needs to get a haircut, a shave, and a goddamn job. I ain't trusting the shield to a damn hippie!

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Random question: For the Reality Stone, why did they go back in time to 2013 Asgard for the Stone when they could have gone to 2014 Cosmic with the others, since The Collector had the Reality Stone at the time and Thor knew that?
So they could have the scene with Thor and his mother is the true answer.

Taking it from the place Jane discovers it during the Convergence is surely the easiest though! Thor even showed up there right after it happened. I suppose he was too drunk to remember.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Thor knew the Collector got the Aether. It was Sif and Volstagg who handed it to him and one is gone while the other is dead.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
fucking falcon and bucky are what we have to look forward to .....smh

just end the MCU now

There's other characters though?

Asgard seems way easier to deal with, Thor and Rocket pretty much had the easiest job. Anyways, it's there for the scene with his mom, as well as him getting the hammer that Cap ends up using.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
How do they play it with Sam becoming Captain America in comics? From what I understand he doesn't have any super powers, correct? Is it essentially just Falcon with the CA shield?

Correct, Falcon doesn't have super soldier powers. He's still a force to be reckoned with though, his wings got a vibranium upgrade a while back, plus the shield and suitable firepower.

In the comics he does however have a psychic link to birds and has a hawk for a sidekick named Redwing who helps him. He can see through Redwing's eyes which come in handy. In Civil War he had a drone named Redwing as a reference, maybe that comes back.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
He would have had to undo the snap, and who knows how the Time Stone would have reacted to that.
True, could have lead to further complications
I don't think Thor knew the Collector got the Aether. It was Sif and Volstagg who handed it to him and one is gone while the other is dead.
Thor clearly states in Infinity War that "the reality stone is safe on Knowhere with someone known as the Collector". So he did know.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The avengers team who would be readily available unlike gog and marvel is now quite thin. Can someone with comic knowledge tell of future members who may have mainstream pull if their solo movies do well?

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Mod Edit: Content removed. Please do not post images from pirated material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, the article with the screenwriters got me thinking - wouldn't the best time and place to get the stones actually be a few days before they kill Thanos? Maybe it's risky, but with Captain Marvel and Thor combined they could do a surprise attack and chop his arm off. Then they have all the stones in one go, and they don't need to put them back either!

Edit: Writing that, I now realize that was their actual plan to begin with lol. Seems like that would have been the most straightforward thing to do then 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.