• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This is my most anticipated movie of the year, and maybe of the forever after Black Panther...
But this trailer was just OK to me. A few cool shots, but mostly people looking concerned. It's way too short as well, thought a new trailer would premiere after the game.

Mikey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thor, blah blah blah. Jesus some people here are sensitive.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This doesn't show much but it didn't need to. They could've just shown the Infinity War logo and that Thanos glare and it'd have the same (hype) effect.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't think of anything Cap could do against Thanos... Except annoy him to death with his self-righteousness

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is the movie that's supposed to be the big culmination of the MCU movies so far, right?

If so, then that's a huge burden to bear for this movie.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So this is the movie that's supposed to be the big culmination of the MCU movies so far, right?

If so, then that's a huge burden to bear for this movie.

Culmination will happen in Avengers 2019. Infinity War: Part 2, more or less.

I doubt it's by accident that we are getting Bucky decoded from his Soviet programming and get introduced to Captain Marvel, just before that tipping point movie comes to theaters.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rhodes might travel with Banner.

I'm really glad that fans have something to be excited about, but the fact that people are mostly preoccuppied with who will be teaming up with who says a lot about these movies, and why I've grown increasingly cynical about them.

Like, this is what counts for substance?

Having said that, what would be considered "essential MCU" that connects directly to this, aside from Civil War (which I'm assuming was the last big shift in the allegiances and climate of the world the characters inhabit)?

Like, I think I've seen Doctor Strange and Spider-man Homecoming since Civil War? And I plan to see Black Panther. That's about it. Not sure if I'm missing a lot of context if I do decide to see this.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I'm really glad that fans have something to be excited about, but the fact that people are mostly preoccuppied with who will be teaming up with who says a lot about these movies, and why I've grown increasingly cynical about them.

Having said that, what would be considered "essential MCU" that connects directly to this, aside from Civil War (which I'm assuming was the last big shift in the allegiances and climate of the world the characters inhabit)?

Like, I think I've seen Doctor Strange and Spider-man Homecoming since Civil War? And I plan to see Black Panther. That's about it. Not sure if I'm missing a lot of context if I do decide to see this.

Well big part of these large team up movies is just that, seeing your favorite heroes interacting with each other and fighting side by side. Comboing their skills and powers. This also will be first time when Guardians are going to meet Avengers, that is big.

People can be and are excited about that stuff, while appreciating how huge deal it's that MCU is culminating to the point where every hero has to face Thanos who is wielding fully powered Infinity Gauntlet. That ain't joke and, hopefully, will have major consequences for MCU.

Phases are build so that every movie released between Avengers ones are "essential" world and character building towards next Avengers. I would consider watching GOTG 2 because Thanos is cosmic threat and GOTG 2 does some groundwork for that.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017

What a bad take lmfao. Fans have discussed the plot ad nauseum. Wondering what events might lead one character to a corner of the world he doesn't belong in isn't some indicator of a lack of substance.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Cap going to have to change his fighting style a bit, be more aggressive

luca

Oct 25, 2017
cfot6g5_d1qkdv.jpg