Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Alright peeps lets hear your favourite line out of all the mcu movies.
Not my absolute fav, but still...it get's me.
EgPds9z.gif

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Lurking in Justice League(people mentioning BvS) discussions and even reading a few recent posts on Civil War + the whole Marvel movie factory made by formula meme, kinda made me doubt my own memories. Like look I don't think these movies are master pieces or anything but they're damn entertaining. It was a really weird experience rewatching Civil war again after reading more criticism on it but man I think that movie is legit super good. The Tony vs Cap contrasting morals dynamic just works.
Rewatching it made me more hyped for IW. Also I wonder if it won't be Dr. Strange healing Rhodey.
I think Civil War really is as good as it's been praised to be.

The only thing I felt was a weakness in Civil War is the way Spider-Man wasn't as smoothly integrated as he could have been if they were given more time. It still works but for how well I think everything else fits together, I seems less than elegant the way they had to plug Spider-Man in. It sticks out like a sore thumb that they had to introduce a major character for basically one cameo scene. Otherwise, Civil War is very well done.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Are there any ideas of where this is?

6a1sVYD.png

It could be New York, but that big structure in back seems like a giant fan or some other sort of sci-fi-ish structure. Maybe this is in the beginning with Thanos destroying Xandar for the purple stone? Sets up some stakes for when the portal thingy shows up over New York?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Alright peeps lets hear your favourite line out of all the mcu movies.
"Hey, look at me. It's your fault, it's everyone's fault, who cares? Are you up for this? Are you? Look I just need to know because the city, i-i-it's flying. Ok, look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense. But I'm going out there because it's my job, okay, and I can't do my job and babysit. Doesn't matter what you did or what you were, if you go out there you fight, and you fight to kill. Staying here you're good, I'll send your brother to come find you, but if you step out that door - You are an Avenger."

There are probably others I love more but this is the first I thought about.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She went to go hang with Red Skull

I think he's going to be around as well, we don't know what happened. My theory has always been that Thanos brings Red Skull and Ultron back once he gets all the stones. I'm pretty sure Vision absorbed the last Ultron Robot and Red Skull was teleported somewhere the Tesseract.

Hopefully we get this:

4393727-ultron-marvel-comics-annihilation-conquest-5.jpg

and this

5226135-6378570237-11463.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I want an abridged version of the MCU told by Luis as a way to get everyone up to speed. That stuff was the best part in Ant-man.

Last edited:

K444wsr

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. That was my favourite aswell. Just loved how everything came full circle.

Edit. Failed to add my quotes lol.
The "I can do this all day" by Cap is my favourite line

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
And she said, "Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye, and say, 'No, *you* move'."

-MCU at it's finest, repurposing classic comic moments as heartfelt character beats

Lurking in Justice League(people mentioning BvS) discussions and even reading a few recent posts on Civil War + the whole Marvel movie factory made by formula meme, kinda made me doubt my own memories. Like look I don't think these movies are master pieces or anything but they're damn entertaining. It was a really weird experience rewatching Civil war again after reading more criticism on it but man I think that movie is legit super good. The Tony vs Cap contrasting morals dynamic just works.
Rewatching it made me more hyped for IW. Also I wonder if it won't be Dr. Strange healing Rhodey.

Civil War is a brilliant movie - using 3 Iron Man films, 2 Team Ups & 2 Cap movies to push the characters in organic directions that put them at odds with each other.

It always feels like they came to this place naturally.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Civil War is a brilliant movie - using 3 Iron Man films, 2 Team Ups & 2 Cap movies to push the characters in organic directions that put them at odds with each other.

It always feels like they came to this place naturally.
So much this. I love how both of them did move in the opposite direction morally from each other from where they started(tony as a free spirit, Steve as a soldier) and yet at the end of civil war it didn't feel like they merely switched places(Steve becoming more like Tony and vice versa) but actually arrived at different conclusions. I also love how Steve isn't entirely the good guy in Civil War, keeping quite on Bucky killing Tony's parents was pretty shitty.

Oct 28, 2017
I may get a red flag but I'm going for it. I watched Deadpool the other day and there is one line that just had me in stitches.

"Okay guys, I only have twelve bullets, so you're all going to have to share!"

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Over here. This pile of rocks waving at you. I'm actually a thing, I'm a being. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Korg. I'm kind of like the leader in here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see, but don't let that intimidate you. You don't need to be afraid, unless you're made of scissors! Just a littleRock, Paper, Scissors joke for you.