Oct 25, 2017
Him refusing the suit to be Spiderman on his own and him deciding to use an upgraded suit because he's going to fight an cosmic alien threat that can warp reality and space, rather than street-level criminals and villains, don't contradict each other.

And this is a pretty likely scenario: Peter shows up in his regular suit, Tony tells him to get the hell out of there and that he isn't ready for this fight, Peter insists because of course he would, so Tony compromises by making him use the advanced suit.

This is exactly what I think happens. I don't think it's a matter of Peter just randomly changing his mind on joining the team and getting dat sweetass upgrade.

I think it's going to be that Peter sees this massive alien ring ship in the sky with his Spider-Sense going batshit crazy and deciding that he needs to do his part to help protect the world. Tony, being the ongoing Mentor and Protective Parent figure to Peter in the MCU so far, tells Peter he isn't allowed to go out there and fight what's coming unless he agrees to take the new suit instead of the regular.

Taking things a bit further, I bet Peter and Tony's beatups in the trailer from Thanos are direct reactions to one another. Either Peter jumps in first to try to take down Thanos on his own and get rekt, forcing Tony to try and come in to save him (only for Tony to also get rekt) or it's vice-versa.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what I think happens. I don't think it's a matter of Peter just randomly changing his mind on joining the team and getting dat sweetass upgrade.

I think it's going to be that Peter sees this massive alien ring ship in the sky with his Spider-Sense going batshit crazy and deciding that he needs to do his part to help protect the world. Tony, being the ongoing Mentor and Protective Parent figure to Peter in the MCU so far, tells Peter he isn't allowed to go out there and fight what's coming unless he agrees to take the new suit instead of the regular.

Taking things a bit further, I bet Peter and Tony's beatups in the trailer from Thanos are direct reactions to one another. Either Peter jumps in first to try to take down Thanos on his own and get rekt, forcing Tony to try and come in to save him (only for Tony to also get rekt) or it's vice-versa.
Given the relationship they built between the two, and what Tony went through after the last alien invasion, one trying to save the other and both getting utterly wrecked in the process makes too much sense in terms of payoff

I imagine Tony starts fighting first and Spidey saves him. That could work as the big reveal moment of the new suit, Peter swinging in to save Tony from being killed

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thanos' sub-boss minions sure do vary in strength.

There's that one whose spear toss was caught by Cap so she's probably around his level or thereabouts. But there's another one who was able to force Vision to the ground with his foot. That's damn impressive.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
btw, I can't imagine black widow being much use in Infinity Wars.

There's no silver surfer in this universe so I wonder what is gonna to happen with the movie/plot

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't help but laugh at the seriousness this trailer is giving a big goofy looking space alien with a giant chin. Looked absolutely stupid hahaha

I hope he kills every avenger

Oct 25, 2017
Given the relationship they built between the two, and what Tony went through after the last alien invasion, one trying to save the other and both getting utterly wrecked in the process makes too much sense in terms of payoff

I imagine Tony starts fighting first and Spidey saves him. That could work as the big reveal moment of the new suit, Peter swinging in to save Tony from being killed

Yup. And honestly, if Tony does die either here or in Avengers 4, it makes the most sense that he goes out saving either Peter or Steve.

At this point, Tony and Peter are basically the MCU's Kamina and Simon.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thanos looks much more imposing without the armor and that silly-ass swimming cap helmet. Glad they ditched that.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If only comic book movies existed before Homecoming which found a solution to this obstacle

all solo heroes better have ai nannys now!

I can't think of other comic movies that have heroes that talk to themselves as much as Spider-Man, so I'm actually at a loss as to what their solution was. I'm my experience it's just been "don't do that"

Enazrat

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I read a lot of worries about how Russbros will handle the numerous characters, I think it will be quite smooth and natural because the plot is simple: Thanos is looking for the stones, stop him.

The number of characters is never an issue in itself, if the story is simple it works. They don't need to have screentime parity.

Same can be said about Dark tone in DCEU by the way. It's wouldn't be an issue if the writing was good. It always comes down to that.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Some data:

Crazy trailer numbers continue: 16 hours

FB: 50m / 388k shares/ 70k comments

Marvel YT: 34m / 1.5m+ likes ( I can't get the exact number even with a mouse over) / 223k comments

Trailer made me cry. Not just because it's been a long time coming, but because I was in a break from a funeral for the father of people that I see as my brothers and sisters. Lost my father four years ago, lost my grandma and my youngest aunt this year. Saw an unbearable amount of pain and sadness in my personal life this year.

So I'm glad that there was an idea of bringing together the world's mightiest heroes in fiction so I could fight the battles that me and the people I love would never be able to by themselves. Thank you Marvel Studios for this. Thank you for always been there to cheer me up.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanos' sub-boss minions sure do vary in strength.

There's that one whose spear toss was caught by Cap so she's probably around his level or thereabouts. But there's another one who was able to force Vision to the ground with his foot. That's damn impressive.

I'm pretty sure that Black Widow impales her with that very spear. At least it looks like that from the trailer.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
j2868qgxoz001.png

Oct 31, 2017
Some data:

Trailer made me cry. Not just because it's been a long time coming, but because I was in a break from a funeral for the father of people that I see as my brothers and sisters. Lost my father four years ago, lost my grandma and my youngest aunt this year. Saw an unbearable amount of pain and sadness in my personal life this year.

So I'm glad that there was an idea of bringing together the world's mightiest heroes in fiction so I could fight the battles that me and the people I love would never be able to by themselves. Thank you Marvel Studios for this. Thank you for always been there to cheer me up.

I'm sorry so much has happened to you recently.

Crazy numbers though! I wonder if it'll pass AoU's 80 million views on youtube.