Oct 26, 2017
2Lv5Ulk.png

THE MAHVEL HYPE TRAIN DOESN'T STOP!

DJsLeraXgAEWOX0.jpg

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn and the Justice League trailer currently has 29 million views, really highlighting how Marvel did a great job in setting up its cinematic universe.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
And it has 2 million likes.

That's more likes than Justice League, Jurassic World, and Last Jedi trailers combined.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Damn and the Justice League trailer currently has 29 million views, really highlighting how Marvel did a great job in setting up its cinematic universe.
But I was told you don't need origin stories to set up a team movie.

This is exactly the reason you make origin stories to set up a team movie.

The trailer was bang average if you ask me. But it had everyone in it from the last 10 years worth of movies that lead to this moment.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
It's impressive that Marvel managed to make their B and C tier superheroes bigger than Batman and Superman. Likewise it's also impressive how WB did the opposite.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
This puts it over The Force Awakens to become the third most viewed movie trailer on Youtube. #1 and 2 are Sing! and Minions.

Dench

Nov 26, 2017
But I was told you don't need origin stories to set up a team movie.

This is exactly the reason you make origin stories to set up a team movie.

The trailer was bang average if you ask me. But it had everyone in it from the last 10 years worth of movies that lead to this moment.

You do not need origin movies to set up a team movie. You need the team movie to be good.

I'm sure this was "told" to you.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
You do not need origin movies to set up a team movie. You need the team movie to be good.

I'm sure this was "told" to you.
I disagree. There are two Avengers movies out and the last one is average at best yet here we are not because of stellar or even good team movies but because of a lot of setting up in between.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure it's fair to compare it The Last Jedi since Infinity War is the culmination of over a decade of work. 20+ movies combined.

Dench

Nov 26, 2017
I disagree. There are two Avengers movies out and the last one is average at best yet here we are not because of stellar or even good team movies but because of lot of setting up in between.

In order to prove origin movies are necessary you would have to have a good team up that performed unexpectedly poorly, but no such film exists.

The only halfway good example we have that you're wrong is Age Of Ultron, which was one of the less well received Marvel movies and, correspondingly, was a relative underperformer.

Although the best evidence that origin movies are not necessary is whether you've ever seen another movie in your life that featured more than one character, and whether you felt you needed an origin movie to understand who the other ones were. I'm going to guess that you didn't.

It's an especially absurd suggestion given how simplistic the characterisation is for all superheroes. That's not a criticism, but the origin movies are not complex character studies that requires hours of dedicated screentime.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
This has been a crazy decade for superhero movies.

Would the 2007 version of you believe that one of the most popular trailers ever would contain footage of Wakandans fighting the alien armies of Thanos on an open field?

Fuckin' love Marvel, man.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
In order to prove origin movies are necessary you would have to have a good team up that performed unexpectedly poorly, but no such film exists.

The only halfway good example we have that you're wrong is Age Of Ultron, which was one of the less well received Marvel movies and, correspondingly, was a relative underperformer.

Although the best evidence that origin movies are not necessary is whether you've ever seen another movie in your life that featured more than one character, and whether you felt you needed an origin movie to understand who the other ones were. I'm going to guess that you didn't.

It's an especially absurd suggestion given how simplistic the characterisation is for all superheroes. That's not a criticism, but the origin movies are not complex character studies that requires hours of dedicated screentime.
I'm specifically referring to WB since it's a super hero thread and some people were always loud enough to make it clear that just having Batman and Superman in a rushed universe is enough to get that sweet Avengers money, but after each box office thread and trailer release I get proved wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
This has been a crazy decade for superhero movies.

Would the 2007 version of you believe that one of the most popular trailers ever would contain footage of Wakandans fighting the alien armies of Thanos on an open field?

Fuckin' love Marvel, man.

I wouldn't have guessed it, because it's even more surprising that Marvel is adapting a story that they published only 4 years ago for this movie. But it's worth it because Jonathan Hickman's run on Avengers is one of the best ever.

That's gotta feel pretty good for him, his book inspiring one of the biggest movies ever before it's even 5 years old.

Dench

Nov 26, 2017
I'm specifically referring to WB since it's a super hero thread and some people were always loud enough to make it clear that just having Batman and Superman in a rushed universe is enough to get that sweet Avengers money, but after each box office thread and trailer release I get proved wrong.

If Batman v Superman was good it would have made as much money as Avengers. It already made close to $900 million despite being one of the worst reviewed blockbusters in living memory, with legs so bad it was dead in the water just a week after release.

And why are superhero movies different? Why are they incomprehensible without origin movies, but every other movie in history is not?