Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see those two actually coming out six months apart

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Tobey and Andrew Spider-Men, along with many other cool cameos will be in secret wars.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they'll be set at the same time following different heros. Earth for Wars, and Cosmic for Kang. They have enough at this point for it.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wait, so only small projects between now and then? Two big hitters like that back to back is kind of crazy.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, Secret Wars already? I worry 4 years of build up is not enough. Also two Avengers movies in one year? Wat.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking Kang breaks the multiverse in The Kang Dynasty and then Doom comes in a swoops up all that sweet, sweet multiverse power for Secret Wars.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is how they'll introduce the X-Men. Secret Wars is gonna end like the 2015 event. They're gonna Miles Morales the X-Men, and from that point act like they were part of the universe all along.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Secret Wars is when they merged the 616 and Ultimate universes in the comics, right? I wonder if they'll use the movie as a reboot so they can recast Tony Stark and Steve Rogers.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Two Avengers in one year? Why?

I guess they're not treating them as built up tentpole films anymore?

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
So that means what there gonna start shooting this next year then? Who are the main players? It all seems kinda thrown together atm no?

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Massive missed opportunity if they don't do a year of Battleworld shows at some point.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
They're really done a great job of building up Kang, can't wait to see Ant-Man 3 for him alone.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Not one, but two. Damn. I didn't think we'd be getting another Avengers movie for a loooooong time.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Fantastic 4 comes out before this if I'm reading correctly?

Are these phases getting shorter, feels weird to announce a bunch of phase 6 stuff before phase 5 starts?
They felt compelled to announce something with avengers in the name so people would remain interested in everything they are putting out over the next few years because of the larger storyline implications

Oct 25, 2017
Doom fucks up Kang at the end of Dynasty and becomes the real big bad.

Phase 4 is longer than Phase 1-3 combined. They aren't getting shorter.

I mean in terms years or # of projects. Over half of Phase 4 being tv shows is obviously going to balloon the run time and I feel like that wouldn't be including the Netflix shows in phase 2 or Agents of Shield.

They felt compelled to announce something with avengers in the name so people would remain interested in everything they are putting out over the next few years because of the larger storyline implications

Makes sense that's a pretty common complaint right now with the MCU. Just feels weird to announce possibly the equivalent of Infinity War / End Game now when we are still in Phase 4. I think they must be getting shorter. Phase 1 Ended in 2012, Phase 3 Ended in 2019. Phase 4 ended in 2022 and Phase 6 stuff is starting in 2024.

Last edited: