Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Kang is a complete scrub who's inferior to Doom in every way. They're both time travelers who wear helmets and are antagonistic to the Fantastic Four but Doom is a bigger threat and a far more interesting character.
Doom's also a fuckin sorcerer that can go toe to toe with Strange. He's kinda the perfect villain for this Saga of the MCU.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any rumours/ideas for director?

Russos would be an obvious shout after their desire to do Secret Wars and underwhelming outside of MCU, but it's an arduous, stressful undertake that may be too soon even with 5 years away.
Fake edit: And now I've just looked up that apparently Feige said they won't be directing these.

Whedon's obviously a no-go now.
If they want MCU experience: Jon Watts?
Outsiders: Joseph Kosinski?

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Not everyone is a kid though? The thought that a 30/40/50/whatever year old with a busy career, kids, a commute, other commitments, other hobbies, etc. would have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 hours of free time in a compressed period of time to start at Iron Man and work your way through all the movies and shows is equally laughable.

Most of the folks I know in that age range have watched both Game of Thrones and Stranger Things. Both combined more than the runtime of all Marvel movies. If folks can find the time to watch long TV series, they can easily catch up on the MCU.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
All I've got to say here is that I love Jonathan Majors and man he's gonna be everywhere isn't he? I'm really excited that we're probably going to see him as so many different variants of HWR/Kang with different personalities. That's gotta be a hell of a job to land as an actor. Sounds fun lol.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll not just get Tom Holland back for these, but Andrew and Tobey as well.

We're gonna be missing Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, and the Guardians for these so it'll be interesting to see who they fill out for the "New Avengers"

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll not just get Tom Holland back for these, but Andrew and Tobey as well.

We're gonna be missing Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, and the Guardians for these so it'll be interesting to see who they fill out for the "New Avengers"

*sees NWH's box office

Yea I think Holland will be back

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

I'll be surprised if they don't also try to get some of Fox's X-Men cast back— they will for sure throw money at Hugh Jackman until he agrees to make an appearance, and I'm sure Ryan Reynolds will appear as Deadpool too. And hell, may as well throw in Sony's Spider-Man-adjacent characters too (Venom, Morbius, etc.).

Oct 27, 2017

Russos would be an obvious shout after their desire to do Secret Wars and underwhelming outside of MCU, but it's an arduous, stressful undertake that may be too soon even with 5 years away.
Fake edit: And now I've just looked up that apparently Feige said they won't be directing these.

Chris Nolan with a blank check to direct both back-to-back.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be surprised if they don't also try to get some of Fox's X-Men cast back— they will for sure throw money at Hugh Jackman until he agrees to make an appearance, and I'm sure Ryan Reynolds will appear as Deadpool too. And hell, may as well throw in Sony's Spider-Man-adjacent characters too (Venom, Morbius, etc.).

They ain't letting Morbius anywhere NEAR these movies lol

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that we somehow get this absolutely baffling conversation between Doom and Kang on the big screen.

tg07YqJ.jpg

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

Daniels. 'Everything Everywhere All At Once' was fantastic. co-produced by the Russos so a similar setup might still keep them involved.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Great choice. Though if I were Feige, I'd test them out on a smaller project first before tossing them into something as huge as Avengers.

Would be sensible. But to be honest, I think they'll be fine. The Russo's didnt have much 'relevant' big budget action experience before Winter Soldier, I think its safe to say that EEAAO pretty much blows every MCU movie out of the water regarding its creativity and editing and sheer ambition of it all (while clearly working on a much smaller budget).

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Daniels. 'Everything Everywhere All At Once' was fantastic. co-produced by the Russos so a similar setup might still keep them involved.
I doubt The Daniels would really be interested in doing a big studio movie like that. They are super-weird and work best when they're allowed to be super-weird and Marvel Studios definitely won't give them that, especially not in a big Avengers movie.