Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
that seems about right. we hit diminishing returns a long time ago. most people only use their phones for things that current mid-range phones can perfectly handle

very happy with my pocophone and it'll last me till whatever the next midrange-priced flagship killer will be in 2/3 years.

Last edited:

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Had the same smartphone since early 2015 right here. Right now, I'd only buy a new phone if it was a high spec phone that had a changeable battery.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Been rocking a 6 plus for years now. I do want to upgrade at some point but it's not a priority right now.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
My iPhone 7 is getting close to three years old and it has shit WiFi, drops calls, and drops Bluetooth constantly. I'm hoping the iPhone 8 drops in price when the next one gets announced in September.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any plans that don't include a phone that are lower? Like what if you want to just buy a phone outright and get it on a plan?
No can do. IIRC you can't get a contract with any of the big three without contracting a phone at the same time.
And even if you could, you wouldn't get the two-year rebate that makes a new phone "free": you'd only be paying the inflated price for two years.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
iPhone 8 here - I'll admit that I'm getting an upgrade itch, and sort of wishing I had jumped on the X instead of the 8, but here I am. I may upgrade this year if they significantly upgrade the camera, but I'm going to wait to see the price.

The one advantage to upgrading now is that I'll get a lot more for my 8 than I will next year at this time. It's still cheaper than picking up a brand new Apple Upgrade monthly payment, though.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Over 2 years for me with an S8+ since launch. My phone is literally scratch free and I recharge it nightly with around 60% battery left despite over 8 hours of streaming music and an hour of Netflix or whatever a day.

I'll upgrade once 5G becomes available in my area and not before.