• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
This is great - I loved Jak 2 as a kid but haven't really gone back to it. Really enjoying watching it get broken so much so quickly.

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jak 2 was one of my favorite games in 2003 and I don't remember a lick of it. Nice to watch it beat in 1 hour when it probably took me 20+ hours.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Jak 2 was one of my favorite games in 2003 and I don't remember a lick of it. Nice to watch it beat in 1 hour when it probably took me 20+ hours.

That's me with Jak 3.

I remember being so excited by a trailer I saw for it, then played through it once and promptly forgot everything about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen a single run I've wanted to because they are so behind schedule. Was really looking forward to Zelda 1-3 relay and MM4-6 relay but I work in a school and staying up super later just isn't going to work for me. I know it is no one's fault really and I know a few people on twitter have talked about having super tight estimates and going over that. Just sort of sucks and I hate watching these not live. It ruins so much of the experience for me (my opinion)

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I always feel bad when an incentive is not met. Some of them seem really high this year.

There's like $200+k of incentives just for today which is crazy. 15k for Spider-man, 15k for halfcoordinated hand cam, 20k for DMC difficulty, 15k for DMC cutscene, 60k for Destiny 2 difficutly, and 100k for FFVI to just be played.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they don't seem like they're pushing incentives enough. That FFVI incentive alone isn't even a tenth to its goal. Granted they've proven me wrong before but I feel like they need to start pushing soon.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
I get why they do incentives for more donations, but why would you make the difficulty with all the cool strats the incentive? It seems like they don't really want to play this difficulty at all. Would have made more sense to just submit the game with the difficulty they wanted. Seems unnecessary to me.

L4DANathan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fairfax, VA, USA
I imagine they scale the incentives with the average amount they received at the previous event. If the incentives remained static, they'd all be met early on which would reduce overall donations.

LoveBug566

Oct 27, 2017
I get why they do incentives for more donations, but why would you make the difficulty with all the cool strats the incentive? It seems like they don't really want to play this difficulty at all. Would have made more sense to just submit the game with the difficulty they wanted. Seems unnecessary to me.

Yeah, this makes perfect sense. It's like you're not really seeing the full run that the runner wants to do.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
With how much they're talking about it, I wish the run started on Ultimate rather than make it an incentive.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
That really bad Secret of Evermore run last year failed it donation goal for some song

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a bummer, do they ever actually miss donations incentives? Can't remember any.
A lot of donation incentives have been missed in the past, they just don't talk about it as much as this one.

They need to start pushing for FFVI now. It's only three hours away and it's got a crazy long ways to go, missing a Bonus game wouldn't be a good look.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
This is the kind of game that could highlight an a prime time awful block because it's juuuuust on the border of normal gaming and comedy show with the right player and commentators.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, looks like that Half Coordinated one didn't get met also
This one doesn't surprise me. The handcam is kind of redundant since you can basically see his hands already and they didn't push for it as much. DMC5 Faust cutscene probably wouldn't have been met either because it's a really disposable incentive for a speedrun.

At this point those donations should be pooled to the Bonus Game.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I am enjoying the silly EDF chanting.

They really should have pushed the FF6 incentive during the FF8 run, when more of the RPG speedrun fans were watching.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
This one doesn't surprise me. The handcam is kind of redundant since you can basically see his hands already and they didn't push for it as much. DMC5 Faust cutscene probably wouldn't have been met either because it's a really disposable incentive for a speedrun.

At this point those donations should be pooled to the Bonus Game.

Yeah, not gonna lie, the hand cam has gotten kind of old. I like the energy Half brings but his Vanquish run is still the best he has done.