L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome ladies and gentlemen of Era. My name is L Thammy, and tonight I will be your guide to the bottom of the barrel. Let's look at some of these.

Red Eyed Namek
8xu1b.jpg
Okay, I understand the problem here. Saiyans get all these ridiculous transformations, you've got a game where you can play as other races, you've got to give them something to keep up. But any transformation you make would risk being rejected. So you go the minimalism route. That's okay, a lot of Super Saiyan forms are pretty simple. But I think you may have gone so far that people might not recognize that it's supposed to be a different form. So let's just say that this is an honourable mention; at least its heart is in the right place.

Super Saiyan Power
I can't pretend I know how a Super Saiyan works, but I'm not stupid. Your hair turns yellow. There has to be a reason that your hair to yellow. The hair needs to store the power or it's an aftereffect of power flowing out of the body or something like that. You can't just remove that and pretend it's all the same and it still works. This is deceitful.

Xeno King Vegeta
I have mixed feelings towards this. King Vegeta was already pretty much just Vegeta with a beard slapped on, but he still looked cool. It feels like the character designer here was wracking his brain to figure out how to power him up, then Rob Zombie came up on his playlist and he had his eureka moment. It's like the embodiment of the American Dragonball movie soundstracks. Which actually totally fits in a way.

Broly Dark
Let's take this ridiculously proportioned villain, give him the most overdesigned Super Saiyan form, and then slap Time Breaker Bardock's mask on him. Like, who is the mask going to fool? The man is as wide as he is tall. And there is a point where adding things isn't helping anymore.

Super 17 (Android 18 absorbed)
I don't have a sister and I'm not a twin so I can't relate to those experiences. But absorbing your twin sister seems like some Freudian shit to me. I don't want to think about this.

Future Gohanks
The fusion dance is the bromance powerup, so it makes sense that Future Gohan and Future Trunks would get it. It makes sense from an intellectual standpoint. But man, this just looks hideous. It looks like he's wearing a wig on top of his hair and he didn't turn it the right way.

Demon God Gravy
Okay, what the fuck is this shit. I know you probably haven't seen Gravy's normal form but the important thing is that it isn't this. I like how there's a G over his crotch just to make sure your eyes are drawn there.

Cell-X
You're trying to tie into Cell's insect theme. I get it. Six limbs, long abdomen. The insect thing is why I prefer Cell's first form over his final one. But I don't think this is the way to go about this. And why the spikes and the wrinkly face?

Dark Demon God Buu
So there's a Demon God form for Dabura that is already kind of terrible, but at least it's got a classic red devil theme which matches Dabura. Then Kid Buu absorbs him and the costume doesn't have that excuse anymore. There's a form afterward where he absorbs Janemba and so his top half is Janemba while his bottom half is Demon God Dabura. I think it actually endds up looking better.

God Fusion Goku
You might look at this and think it's Gogeta Blue. The story behind this is apparently that Goku is at a World Tournament and fuses with everybody in the audience. I assume it's supposed to be some Tinkerbell clap your hands if you believe thing, but man. Goku is like billions of times as powerful as the random people in the tournament's audience right now. These are people who are legitimately impressed by Mr. Satan. The fusion should be dragging Goku's power level down. On top of that, there are so many people fused into him and he's still just Goku in a different shirt. This isn't a fusion, this is Goku on laundry day.

I hope that looking at these transformations has brightened your day. No matter what's getting you down, just look at these and know that it could be so much worse. Thank you and good night.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Super Saiyan God
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan
Whatever the fuck they are doing with Goku on Super right now really

At least SSJ4 looked more visually interesting than just another recolour

Kientin

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I know the Dragonball universe is filled with silly names, but I just can't get over Gohanks.

Also the edge in some of these designs and names are out of control.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Now that GT is 100% non-canon, the SSJ4 transformation:

1V1ENYN.gif

Every time you see it the gif gets weirder.

OP
OP
L Thammy

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Are these all from Heroes? I appreciate the OP but I feel it'd be better with a short bit of context about where they were introduced.

I'm not 100% sure since I'm mostly poking around Dragonball Wikia, but I think they're mostly from Heroes. Super Saiyan Power is an animation error from Z that they didn't have time to fix so they just left it like that, Cell-X is from Dragonball Online, and God Fusion Goku is from a Universal Studios attraction.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I... what?

Are these real?

Where do these even come from?

Why are they so cursed?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
HULK_30_COVER.jpg

He was weaker than normal hulk, because red hulk doesn't get stronger when angry.

Mikey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, the only legit SS transformations are 1, 2 and 3. Anything after that is just nonsense.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was told GT had great animation

This is a joke about how people like to complain about stuff in Super that happend once or rarely as if it was a standard

Some people only watched the first 5 minutes of episode to decide how the other 120 episodes actually looked