Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is very nice, extra happy i bought this game a while ago. Wish them alot of luck hopefully the son recovers or well to such a state that he can have a decent life.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bought this game day 1 on the PS4 and played it immediately. One of the best Metroidvania games I have ever played. When I get a Switch, I'll likely double dip.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, earned my respect even more. I was thinking of getting the physical version on the Switch, but now I'll undoubtedly buy it

I'd also like to replay it even though I've already platinumed it on PS4

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the Multiverse Edition of Axiom Verge on Switch. I don't know what kind of wizardry this game does, but I keep coming back for more. I'm glad to know that my purchase is helping someone out there.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
OMG like 5 minutes before I got the extra jump stuff I was like damn, I wish I could jump higher lol is there a Switch OT for this?

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone give some impressions on the Vita version? I'd like to know if it's a good port in it, otherwise I'm gonna buy it on Steam.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
That's really wonderful of them. Currently planning to get the game on the switch sometime next month before the holidays.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a wonderful gesture, it really is. Bought and played the game on PS4 when it came out.

But this news will push me to go and buy a copy for the Switch, for one to help, and just so that great game is there with me on the go.

Linkhero1

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
I plan on buying this soon. I asked in the Switch OT but didn't receive any responses, but is it worth getting the Multiverse Edition over just the regular game? Is there anything I'd be missing out on? Cost isn't an issue.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't want to make a new thread for this question, but it's bugging me... I'm playing through Axiom Verge for the first time on Switch and have reached the end game. A character has revealed that I am entering the final area. I wanted to go back and tidy up missed content. I've encountered a couple of rooms that have completely inaccessible sections. I thought this was weird because I'm entering the last part of the game, and assumed I already acquired the movement upgrades. I was getting frustrated and looked up the solutions to these rooms online. It turns out
there is a passcode tool which lets you affect the layout of some rooms.
I don't want to know the location of this tool, but I want to know if it is meant to be optional. Did I miss some sequence that I was meant to play through? Was there story content related to this? I'm afraid to look up more info online because I don't want to spoil more for myself.

Sorry for asking here, but there is no Axiom Verge OT on Era.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know this. I own it on Steam but haven't played it. Think I'll double dip on Switch.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Now I gotta buy it. Thats an incredible gesture. Also how can a doctor fail to treat Jaundice? Seems like an incredibly terrible error on the hospitals part.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't want to make a new thread for this question, but it's bugging me... I'm playing through Axiom Verge for the first time on Switch and have reached the end game. A character has revealed that I am entering the final area. I wanted to go back and tidy up missed content. I've encountered a couple of rooms that have completely inaccessible sections. I thought this was weird because I'm entering the last part of the game, and assumed I already acquired the movement upgrades. I was getting frustrated and looked up the solutions to these rooms online. It turns out
there is a passcode tool which lets you affect the layout of some rooms.
I don't want to know the location of this tool, but I want to know if it is meant to be optional. Did I miss some sequence that I was meant to play through? Was there story content related to this? I'm afraid to look up more info online because I don't want to spoil more for myself.

Sorry for asking here, but there is no Axiom Verge OT on Era.
It's all optional upgrades. Think just weapons that aren't necessary for completing the game unless you were doing a 100% run, which you said you weren't.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
It's all optional upgrades. Think just weapons that aren't necessary for completing the game unless you were doing a 100% run, which you said you weren't.
Sorry, I didn't meant those inaccessible rooms. I was asking if the
passcode tool
was story related. It seems like a major upgrade and I haven't seen it. Is it also optional?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I didn't meant those inaccessible rooms. I was asking if the
passcode tool
was story related. It seems like a major upgrade and I haven't seen it. Is it also optional?
Oh, that isn't required either it just accesses those rooms and decodes some papers you find around the game that adds some story.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
What a great thing to do. God damn, this is so feel good. Good job BadLands.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, that isn't required either it just accesses those rooms and decodes some papers you find around the game that adds some story.
Okay cool, wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something significant. Thank you.

Really glad to have finally played this. It's a superb game, incredible that one guy planned this out.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't had a chance to play it yet. But I bought a copy of this for Switch just for this reason.

LastCupOfBullets

Alt account
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Yes, I know, this thread is dead as fuck and I just poked at the corpse. But...

I ran across this thread while searching for an OT and I have to say that I am very happy, for the first time in my life, to have paid full-price for a video game. Knowing that this money will go to help the developer's son is truly incredible and good on the publisher. I will do my very best to support this publisher in the future by paying full-price for their titles.

Please don't ban me now, lol.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I don't know if it worked out okay for the dev or the son but I remember having preordered it and enjoying the game quite well.
Not my fav (because Hollow Knight) but I can't think of a game I was more happy to pay full price at launch and even preorder.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping this worked out as well, I loved my time playing Axiom Verge. There's real passion in this game and minus the flying bug enemies the game nails what it sets out to do in a fun, challenging manner.