• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017

スクウェア・エニックス サポートセンター

スクウェア・エニックスの製品やサービスについてのサポート情報やよくある質問を掲載しています。調べたいことや困ったことについて、FAQ形式でお客様の疑問を解決する総合的なサポートサイトです。
Announced today as part of the Season 1 "The Eternal Ziggurat":

621329537e5f5596307757.jpg

Here's some information from the official Discord server:

Some details about the collab:
- HQ will change appearance!
- Dungeon!
- Cosmetic rewards
- Cosmetic rewards (free)
Slide16.JPG

Slide17.JPG

Slide18.JPG

Slide19.JPG

Oct 25, 2017
"Guys, the reception to Babylon's Fall is bad, and the game isn't even out yet! How do we hype it?!"
"I was saving this for later.. but it looks like we need it now." *presses the 2B button*

It does feel kind of desperate that they're promoting a Nier event before the game is even out.

this game has seasons?

It's a service game. Hopefully Square-Enix learns to cut back on that after the failure of Avengers and when this game bombs.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is Platinum so it makes more sense but I feel at some point it will be easier to list what games haven't collabed with Nier Automata lol

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
"Guys, the reception to Babylon's Fall is bad, and the game isn't even out yet! How do we hype it?!"
"I was saving this for later.. but it looks like we need it now." *presses the 2B button*

It does feel kind of desperate that they're promoting a Nier event before the game is even out.

It's a service game. Hopefully Square-Enix learns to cut back on that after the failure of Avengers and when this game bombs.

Tbf SE loves to puts 2B everywhere, success aside. FFXIV had massive amount of Nier Automata content for no damn reason (and it clashes badly with the game).

I know this is Platinum so it makes more sense but I feel at some point it will be easier to list what games haven't collabed with Nier Automata lol

Not to be a downer but yeah, it's getting a lil stupid.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Nier stuff here makes sense as they can just reuse the FFXIV collab assets seeing as they've sid they are already reusing some FFXIV assets. Might as well bring over the equips and get like, half a crossover done for "free".

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, this game is coming out this week? Less than a week after Sol Cresta? On the same day as Elden Ring?

None of this makes any sense

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Getting tired of seeing Automata plastered everywhere now, this is getting close to Joker P5 territory

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

Ha, came to post exactly this! What a cynical marketing ploy if ever I saw one.

Oct 25, 2017
Tbf SE loves to puts 2B everywhere, success aside. FFXIV had massive amount of Nier Automata content for no damn reason (and it clashes badly with the game).
Sure, but FFXIV was already successful by that point. With multiple crossovers that horribly clash *looks at Yo-kai Watch in FFXIV*

I'm a big Platinum fan and I have zero faith in Babylon's Fall. Hopefully Square-Enix learns not to do service games again after this (and Avengers)

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
it's like persona 5, gonna get milked till eternity
I just edited my post as you mention P5 :D
Yeah, seriously. I thought I got tired of seeing Joker everywhere but Square-Enix said "hold my beer"

Honestly didn't even know this was coming next week, genuinely feel like we're in for a Bleeding Edge tier flop

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
I gotta say, I like GaaS games. But is this one any good from the betas?

I don't know ANYTHING about it lol

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
boy what a way to see a game

i had no idea this game existed

open OP, wait, its out in 2 days?

wait, it has a battle pass?

this is like anti-hype news, the more i read the less interested i get

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I just edited my post as you mention P5 :D
Yeah, seriously. I thought I got tired of seeing Joker everywhere but Square-Enix said "hold my beer"

Wait til the War of the Visions P5 crossover, then we'll finally have a single game that's had crossovers with both that and Automata. Joker and 2B on one team baby.

Gouf

May 17, 2018
I'm extremely curious how much content is in the pipeline for this game and how long Square Enix is going to support it.

This road map has made it clear that I don't really understand what this game is at all lol
It's a standard Platinum action game, right down to the levels being broken up by encounters that you're individually rated on that leads to your ultimate ranking, but with a lot of loot drops. It's not a particularly great Platinum action game, but the demo will definitely be helpful for folks still on the fence, as much as it's likely to push folks back to the outside and in the opposite direction.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
why on earth is this game releasing the same day as Elden Ring

oh, its March 3d, so one more week. but then... why does the season pass start Feb 25th.... so confused

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
I would absolutely love it if this game was pleasantly surprising. I love looty hack-n-slash games and the initial reveal had me pretty intrigued, but my interest has plummeted ever since. Keeping my fingers crossed that it exceeds my negative expectations, but I don't have high hopes.

And I gotta be honest - the game is just...kinda ugly. Those character models are not impressive, especially in 2022.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

This. Though part of me is kind of hoping this leads to other Platinum characters being available. Bayonetta maybe? (though Sega and Nintendo would have to give the okay)

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
It's a standard Platinum action game, right down to the levels being broken up by encounters that you're individually rated on that leads to your ultimate ranking, but with a lot of loot drops. It's not a particularly great Platinum action game, but the demo will definitely be helpful for folks still on the fence, as much as it's likely to push folks back to the outside and in the opposite direction.

On paper it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Platinum games are supposed to be replayed over and over anyway. On the other hand, Transformers was the only Platinum game I can think of that had loot and it only dragged the game down. If they have a demo, I'd like to try it.

OP
OP
Sioul

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
On paper it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Platinum games are supposed to be replayed over and over anyway. On the other hand, Transformers was the only Platinum game I can think of that had loot and it only dragged the game down. If they have a demo, I'd like to try it.

There is a demo but only for Playstation platforms, here is the date:

6205d2522eaab126175346.jpg

why on earth is this game releasing the same day as Elden Ring

oh, its March 3d, so one more week. but then... why does the season pass start Feb 25th.... so confused
Since the demo has progress carry over to the final game, I imagine that you'll be able to get started with the season through the demo and see how far you can get with it until you eventually hit the pay wall.

Oct 29, 2017
Reading the title for a second mixed the titles of two of the novels and thought this was a The Expanse collaboration and was like "wut?"

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The Nier event started and well...

The rewards people would want most are all paid. The free rewards seem to be some weapons and Emil stuff.

Eterno

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
You can get A2 costume and one very similar to 9S for free by just playing the mission. No hair options though sadly.