Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Reboot as in "new stories with a kid friends with a scientist that has a car time machine" yes please. Can't be worst than the cartoon.

Reboot as in "let's do the same stories but today" no thank you

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
The lack of interest in rebooting The Neverending Story continues to disappoint me.

It is really dated at this point and none of the characters/actors were iconic like Back to the Future. It is actually a good candidate for a reboot.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
No reboot, thanks.

But I will say that one of my dream films is Back to the Future Part IV -- a sequel with the original cast that uses today's technology to allow characters to revisit scenes from the original trilogy in a heavy time-jumping plot similar to Part II.

If not for Michael's disease, I truly believe we would have a Part IV announced by this point, if not already released.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is it really so hard to make an unrelated time travel movie...?
Maybe they should watch more anime

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
As a huge fan of bttf, I don't want this to happen. The original movies are great as they are.

If they really want new movies, it should be a sequel with grown up Jules and Verne (Doc Browns kids) as the main characters and Marty + Doc with short appearences.
They would not have to recast for the roles of Marty, his kids etc.
I would be ok with something like this:
One of the teens, a scientist in training, builds a time travel vehicle with the help of his brother and with stolen parts from the time train, since his father's time train is not cool enough and his father does not allow them to use it. They travel to the past and future and cause for some drastic changes. When they get back to 2019, everything has changed. In the most desperate moment their father finds and rescues them and helps them to fix everything. The movie ends with a tired Doc Brown disassembling the boys time machine and Marty joining him for a short conversation.

No reboot, no reimagining.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Honestly, the window for a Back to the Future reboot has come and gone. If it was to happen, it should have been in 2015, "the Future" of the originals.

That would put the past as 1985 which would be a funny period piece about the 80s, the future in 2045 allowing for some self driving cars and climate trouble shenanigans, but the clincher is that the far past would be 1915. World War One. Now that would have been an unexpected take on the third movie, at least.

But the time to make a new Back to the Future with the present being set in 2015 was three years ago.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
No, fuck making any sequels to a franchise that had its day almost thirty fucking years ago. I mean, rebooting BTTF is a fucking travesty of an idea and indicative of how creatively bankrupt and monetised Hollywood is, but making sequels is barely any better at all. Absolute bullshit.

I guess your right. Hollywood has proven they can't do sequels that carry the weight as the predecessors do.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can do a sequel reboot where they can wave away Fox's real medical condition by saying Marty's problems are caused by him fucking with the space time continuum so much. Then kill him off late in the movie to end the McFly family saga.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like there have been a number of good to great late sequels or reboots to old franchises lately. From Blade Runner 2049, to Mad Max Fury Road, to Creed, to the Planet of the Apes trilogy. You can throw in 21/22 Jump Street, Star Wars TFA, and Tron Legacy, too.

So whatever. If it happens it happens. I love the original three and nothing will change that. Should they make a movie I don't like, I can ignore it. Should they make a dope remake/sequel/reboot, I'm down for that. No use being so precious about commercial franchises I liked as a kid being brought back to appeal to a new generation.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Who are these people that want a reboot of Back to the Future? I don't get them at all.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
What I find even more odd is how Universal Studios is still oblivious to the fact that BTTF is one of their biggest properties and that making a new BTTF ride would be in their best interest.

The Simpsons ride is not even memorable. The buildings are awesome though.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why reboot?

Honestly this would be one of the hardest sequels to make (itd be the Creed of Back to The Future) but a future black (I guess mixed?) McFly with more character then ordinary Marty (whose a bit of a flat 80s stereotype but I love him all the same), paling with one of Doc's kids whose older now.

Fuck it, want to make the movie really work? Their time travel causes movie reboots all over the place, either in canon multiverses (which is a bit much) or somehow in universe.

And at the end they undo them all. Even the events of the movie that you just watched itself.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
of course this is happening

kid gets sent back... TO THE 80S WOOOOOOOOAAAAAH IT WAS SO DIFFERENT BACK THEN WHAT A WACKY TIME

beat for beat remake of the first bttf from there.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Would've been funny if they said this poll was conducted in the 00s. That was the decade everybody and their mothers wanted to reboot everything (and their mothers).

Are hard reboots still a thing people are clamoring for? I think there's more fun to be had with soft reboots.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What I find even more odd is how Universal Studios is still oblivious to the fact that BTTF is one of their biggest properties and that making a new BTTF ride would be in their best interest.

The Simpsons ride is not even memorable. The buildings are awesome though.
Ehh. .. Bttf hasn't been relevant in decades. Look at their rides now: Jimmy Fallon, transformers, fast and furious, kong... All based on popular properties. If there is ever a new bttf movie that becomes uber popular there's a good chance they'd make a new ride

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Wow. No. I fucking hate this trend of remaking/rebooting everything. Leave my favorite movie trilogy alone! It's perfect as it is. Even the third part.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
I guess your right. Hollywood has proven they can't do sequels that carry the weight as the predecessors do.
Sure, there are actually some good sequels, even some truly great sequels, but clamouring for sequels to a franchise that's 28 years old and quite frankly went downhill after the initial instalment just seems a bit redundant.

Feb 10, 2018
I think they should because it can't be worse then 3 and I liked 3. Plus it would be cool to see back to the future made with modern CGI.
It would be really interesting to see there version of the future now that we have social media, smartphones, VR, global warming, A.I etc..

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
You know what... I literally just had this idea and for the first time it made me reconsider my loathing for the thought of a reboot of BTTF.

DON'T REBOOT BTTF. Continue it.

Have a couple of dudes stumble upon the same Delorean from the movies and let them have time travelling adventures in the flying car. How would this work, I dunno... is the car the result of a split in the time continuum which explains how it came to be there and not destroyed like it is in 3? Does Doc Brown send it to the modern day?

Just don't try and reboot the characters we know and love. You simply cannot match that pairing, it's as misguided as trying to recast Han Solo.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we are forced into a new film in the series, give me part IV. Bring back Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox and have them reunite for one final adventure. Don't do a new one in any other way (and preferably not even this). Just don't.

And this is why people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Reboot bad movies not movies that still stand up and are awesome.

Judge Dredd was not good. Dredd was.
Judge Dredd is awesome, for all the wrong reasons, but still!

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
No. But If you're going to do it, do it in title and genre only. New characters, and new scenario. It can even take place in the same universe, but that should be the extent of it.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And this is why people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Reboot bad movies not movies that still stand up and are awesome.

Judge Dredd was not good. Dredd was.