Oct 27, 2017
Weird about the Share screen UI not available for PS4 games on PS5. Sounds confused at well as it does say a share menu will appear. The list of non compatible games is such random titles it's not a big issue at all (and I believe Series X isn't definitively going to play every single Xbox One game either).
I took as using share button on a DS4 on Ps5 will not bring it up by using a Dual Sense and using create button will

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Hope they clarify save game compatibility as well. I'm a bit worried about starting a game now and not being able to finish before ps5 comes out and I trade in the ps4.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
If you have data caps or are somewhere where you don't have fast internet, it'll be relatively easy to move many hundreds of gigabytes quickly. Otherwise, just loading up your PS5 with a few multiplayer games you're currently working on could blow through a month's data in some places.
Had no idea that home internet had data caps. I don't think I've ever had a limit imposed like that, but I guess you learn something new everyday

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Blocking DS4 use in PS5 games as a blanket policy is still super frustrating and inconsistent with the idea of upgrades where the you can still use it in the PS4 version of the game on the same console.

It should be the up to the developer. If they want only DS5s on their game to have a certain experience, that is fine, but it doesn't make sense for a lot of games such as something like MK11 whose PS5 version supports sticks and fightpads (where you lose right stick functionality), but not DS4s.

It's entirely consistent with their hardware philosophy.

Oct 27, 2017
the fact that they have to put in the legal speak is a little worrying. Seems to suggest they didn't do a thorough 100% check to see which game won't work well on PS5
They have the same sort of disclaimer on PS4 pro boost mode and only one game seemed to have any problems(SOMA I think), and also on the psn name change with some serious potential issues that haven't been reported online yet, they even provided a list of games with potential issues. I bet that disclaimer would still be there even if all PS4 games worked on the PS5.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
This is amazing news! Still gonna hold onto my pro....just in case.
The wording is a little weird, do I need to purchase the PS5 camera in order to use my PSVR headset on the PS5?

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the fact that they have to put in the legal speak is a little worrying. Seems to suggest they didn't do a thorough 100% check to see which game won't work well on PS5

It'd be pretty much impossible for them to have a large enough team to run through thousands of games when some of them have specific content locked behind dozens or even 100+ hours of effort. I'd like to think they at least did some kind of general check for all major titles beyond the early-game/tutorial, but again some games take hours just to reach the open world so who knows lol

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Hope they clarify save game compatibility as well. I'm a bit worried about starting a game now and not being able to finish before ps5 comes out and I trade in the ps4.

Save files will work for all BC games. They even say how to transfer them in the article.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere in the middle of the thread, it's hard to keep up, but:

Has Sony provided further narrative about that list of incompatible games? Does their inclusion mean that:
1. These are definitively the only games that won't work?
2. Is this just the list of games that they've tested that they've discovered issues with so far?
3. Will all other PS4 games work without issue, or is this just games that won't boot at all and everything else works*?
A lot fo that is sort of answered in the OP. They basically tell us that some games may exhibit errors. They might not be game breaking ones but they could hinder your enjoyment.

The impression I get is that there is nothing that is definite about this BC solution. I wouldn't seek your PS4 until you know the games that you want to play work without issue.

killa2max

May 17, 2018
Seattle, WA
P.T. isn't downloadable from PSN even if you "purchased" it with your account right? So, assuming it runs on PS5, we'll have to potentially do the WiFi game transfer from PS4 to get it on PS5. Guess I'm keeping my PS4 for a bit longer.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Seriously....😒

Bruh, months of concern, valid or not, just died in a matter of seconds.

lol, pretty much.

More info is probably coming.

I mean MS doesn't have a huge AAA title game to come out with their consoles. If they didn't show BC with them...what would they show?
Sony did the right thing: Started with the new stuff and now we go back.

Exactly.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
So much FUD being debunked in the past week. What's left?
PS5 overheating
PS5 having trouble with RT
Last minute overclock to push it beyond 10TF
Yield issues
Only 100 BC games at launch
It will be at least 60k to 70k yen as per my Japanese sources
PS5 struggling with 1080p/60 in certain games

The UI is a lie

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You said :
"Selected just means games with uncapped framerates and resolutions. Not every games has that and hardly any specifically detail that so they call them selected to make things easier."
I said :
"selected" means whitelisted by SONY
Games aren't being whitelisted by Sony. It's games that already have the modes patched in to take advantage of the higher power or just games that couldn't hold their target FPS in the first place.

They aren't going to lost every single game that counts for because it would be too long and they don't want to promise stuff that could go against them.

Oct 25, 2017
It's entirely consistent with their hardware philosophy.
I don't think it's defensible. It was poorly justified when it was announced, and now that we know they're perfectly fine with people playing Miles Morales with a DS4 instead of a Dualsense, it's even more obviously unjustified.

It's simply dumb that I can't use my DS4 and DS together to play multiplayer Dirt 5 with my kid or something.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
P.T. isn't downloadable from PSN even if you "purchased" it with your account right? So, assuming it runs on PS5, we'll have to potentially do the WiFi game transfer from PS4 to get it on PS5. Guess I'm keeping my PS4 for a bit longer.

There's a trick to redownload it but otherwise it's not readily available in your download list. I wonder if the trick works on the PS5.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone give me a list MS has provided for every game that is BC and what enhancements they have?

Also where has MS stated that every game will have enhancements. As far as I'm aware all the games the DF tested were games with unlocked frame rates and variable resolution that were brute forced by the hardware. No secret MS sauce.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
You said :
"Selected just means games with uncapped framerates and resolutions. Not every games has that and hardly any specifically detail that so they call them selected to make things easier."
I said :
"selected" means whitelisted by SONY
They don't use 'selected', but 'select'.

Oct 25, 2017
Hold on. So you can use a DS4 to play PS4 games on PS5 but you can't to play PS5 games? Why??? Why?? Why??

I could be wrong but I thought they basically made it so it's not required to support the DS4 but I believe if a developer wants to add support for the DS4 they can. Otherwise no 3rd party controllers would work on the system, right? Seems more for cases like Astro Bot that use all of the Dualsense features, it would probably be unplayable during certain sections without a DS.

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
The fact that most titles outside of a few will be bound to PS4Pro GPU+CPU clocks is disappointing alongside the lack of certainty on what will run properly and what won't.

Joo

May 25, 2018
What ? Not every game will be improved?
It's just not really possible to improve fps and resolution etc for most of the games without patches, and this goes for XSX as well.

Without patches, games with uncapped frames and variable resolution will see benefits on both consoles, that's basically it. Only difference on a system level is that Xbox has the auto HDR algorithm for games that don't have HDR implemented.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's defensible. It was poorly justified when it was announced, and now that we know they're perfectly fine with people playing Miles Morales with a DS4 instead of a Dualsense, it's even more obviously unjustified.

It's simply dumb that I can't use my DS4 and DS together to play multiplayer Dirt 5 with my kid or something.

I never said it was, just that it's entirely consistent with how they view hardware and there should be zero surprise about this.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's unacceptable we can't play Joe's Diner properly on PS5... >: (

frustrated.gif
/j
I've already cancelled my preorder and banned any future Sony products from my household

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Hold on. So you can use a DS4 to play PS4 games on PS5 but you can't to play PS5 games? Why??? Why?? Why??
They said this weeks ago, and it was pretty split for people for / against it. I think it just has to do with all the gimmicky tech they crammed in the Dual Sense, which just like the Dual Shock 4; most of it probably wont even be implemented past the first year. For instance, do you remember that there is a speaker in the Dual Shock controller? How about using the Touch-Pad as an actual touch pad, and not just a giant button.

Then Microsoft came out and said 'Yeah all our shit works over everything fuck it"

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe anyone actually thought that there would be a massive list of games that aren't compatible lol.

What I'm interested in is that PS Camera adaptor and why the PS5 Camera can't be used with PSVR...

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
If we can't transfer saves via USB drives, I'm fucked. I sold my PS4 Pro after backuping my saves on a USB drive.

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
I am still confused.

Can I play PSVR games using my official PS4 camera with my PS5? Or do I need to buy the new cam?
I understand I will need to use my DualShock. But the camera question is unclear.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

Ohh, I didn't think about this aspect. I've been debating on which system to get Dirt 5 on between PS5 and XSX and I was leaning towards PS5 because of the Dualsense features but I might lean back more towards XSX because I'll have extra controllers to play multiplayer with.

OP
OP
Thiago

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am still confused.

Can I play PSVR games using my official PS4 camera with my PS5? Or do I need to buy the new cam?
I understand I will need to use my DualShock. But the camera question is unclear.
Yes, you use the PS4 camera for PSVR BC. Sony will provide a free adapter.

Oct 25, 2017
I never said it was, just that it's entirely consistent with how they view hardware and there should be zero surprise about this.
I don't think that's true either. The PS5 is also a PS4. You can play PS4 games with a DSense. The limitation for the opposite scenario is quite arbitrary. Especially if they let you disable the new haptic and trigger features, which they eventually will if they don't already due to accessibility concerns.