• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Recently I've been making my way through DC's Legends of Tomorrow. I'm on S3 right now and I can easily say that S2 & S3 are a MASSIVE imporvment over S1. The show is almost unreckognizable because S1 of Legends is honestly one of the worst season of a TV i've ever watch. I say that because it's mind numbingly boring. The only reason I persisted is the overwhelming affection that Era has for this show and the contention that it vastly improves over time.

Anyways, what examples do you all have?

EDIT: I should clarify what I mean by "offensive": offensive=morally objectionable

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta go with Big Brother- like watching fake weirdos get into boring manufactured drama in a completely unrealistic environment.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of Dragon Ball Super falls into this category. Aggressively, aggressively mediocre. There are occasional sparks of real quality but overall, the majority of the show could basically be erased from the timeline and we'd lose virtually nothing.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
I'm gonna go way way back to my childhood. We're talking about preschool here. I was a massive fan of Thomas the Tank engine. Specifically, the classic TV episodes narrated by George Carlin and RIngo Star, that were regularly aired on PBS in the 90s. (Though I preferred the VHS collections, cause they axed the Shining Time Station shit at the beginning and end, which I never was a fan of.) So when it was announced that they were making a movie, I had to go see it.

What a mistake that was. Even at 6 years old, it was one of the most boring slogs I have ever endured in my entire life. For some reason, they felt the need to not just put Thomas the Tank engine in the same universe as the aformentioned Shining Time Station drivel, but also added all of this heavy melodrama, including Peter Fonda moping around for 90 percent of the run-time. Oh, and and they also gave all the trains unique voice actors instead of going with the pleasant narration, so of course my little autistic ass hated it. (Cause the last thing kids on the autism spectrum want is changing up a formula that is already perfect in our eyes.)

My poor dad had to suffer through it all too, of course. I"m sure it was several times as painful for him as it was for me. Truly one of the most bizarre misfires in the history of theatrical movies aimed at children. And I'm shocked this garbage has a 90 percent approval rating from google users. Boy, the nostalgia goggles must be on real damn tight.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I'm gonna go ahead and make the ballsy assertion (that I'm not really equipped to back up with evidence) that the Big Bang Theory is occasionally pretty offensive, both in the standard social definition and in some instances just because of how mean-spirited its sense of comedy and characterization is

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
The current season of Supergirl is just a waste of fucking time. Avoid.

A lot of Dragon Ball Super falls into this category. Aggressively, aggressively mediocre. There are occasional sparks of real quality but overall, the majority of the show could basically be erased from the timeline and we'd lose virtually nothing.
it's not any worse than Z, honestly

also the dub is funny

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna go ahead and make the ballsy assertion (that I'm not really equipped to back up with evidence) that the Big Bang Theory is occasionally pretty offensive, both in the standard social definition and in some instances just because of how mean-spirited its sense of comedy and characterization is

I still can't believe it was as popular as it was.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah season one of Legends of Tomorrow is unfathomably awful. So is season one of Agents of SHIELD. Thankfully both shows got better.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take - Dawson's Creek and soccer.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of modern era Simpsons does this. A lot of episodes are nothing but "look, it's <random ass guest star here>!!!!" and somehow the episode seems to think just getting a guest star on board covers for *any* entertaining content that is supposed to be in that episode.

OP
OP
Maximum Spider

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
A good portion of Twin Peaks' 2nd season was a goddamn slog. The show straight up becomes a parody of itself at times. And then the finale happens and it's goddamn amazing.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Neon Genesis EVA, people trick themselves into thinking it is smart and deep.

The current season of Supergirl is just a waste of fucking time. Avoid.

it's not any worse than Z, honestly

also the dub is funny
I watched Supergirl for the first time since the first season, Brainy seems cool

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the vast majority of the films MST3K riffs on, which is to say the originals, not the MST3K versions. Sure there are standouts that are hilariously awful on their own like Puma Man and Manos: The Hands of Fate, but most of the original movies are forgettable, bland, and mediocre. You can't even call most of them 'awful' honestly. They're largely too bland for that.