• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Birdemic link: *link removed*

Starting up in approximately 30 minutes from the time of this post

Last edited:

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I just watched the Super Mario Movie for the first time in like over two decades

I can't even bear to call it a bad movie, it's so good and entertaining

giphy.webp

I'm 1000% an apologist for it, come at me

Thanks to Ms.Galaxy and Fruit for letting me join in watching <3<3<3

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Probably stick to the usual Friday paradigm, so the 23rd. 8:30 EST

Can figure out what exactly to watch sometime this week, I'm sure

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Would anyone be interested in doing a community rewatch of the Sharknado franchise over the summer leasing up to the 6th one

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You guys talk about the animated Titanic movies, Birdemic, and Deadly Friend yet?

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Birdemic...plural?? Shit... I've been meaning to watch that one since I missed the viewing party. Did not know of sequels lol

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Birdemic...plural?? Shit... I've been meaning to watch that one since I missed the viewing party. Did not know of sequels lol

It's not so much a sequel as it is a remake, akin to Evil Dead 2, tbh. Though it has one line of amazing exposition to explain why one character failed to reprise their role

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Last night was a great time

just hangin out
hangin out

hanging out with my family
watching ourselves some movies

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God's Not Dead is so utterly stupid and wrong it's offensive, lol. I don't think I'll ever be able to finish it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We could always give Dark Dungeons a shot. It's a God's Not Dead style comic turned into a movie that's self-aware of how pandering the comic was, and it's about the evils of RPGs.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I just happened to find this thread. Welp I'm totally going to have to pay attention for the next screening because bad movies are truly all that I find enjoyable anymore.

I can second Dark Dungeons though. It's very aware that it's ridiculous but still accurate to the incredibly stupid views of the comic. I love it.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I just watched "Shark Night" on Netflix (canada), because I figured that a horny college kids + sharks setup is basically a guaranteed bad movie.

Aside from a few obvious green screens, and obvious as fuck villains with really lousy motivations, I was actually... wrong? It wasn't good, by any means, but it wasn't bad either. Having human villains instead of sharks going bloodthirsty just because was almost refreshing.

And then the credits started. I saw there was 10 minutes left in the runtime, which seemed long. So I jumped to the end,and saw an amazingly bad music video the cast made summarizing the events of the movie as a post credits scene. All the cringe I wanted, distilled into the best 3 minutes of my night. Worth it. Would watch again

Favorite quote of the movie: "I told you he spray tans his junk, right? Last time I had stains all over my..."

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried to watch Troll 1. I think the only way I could make it through is with a group like you folks. Troll 2 is more watchable and funnier. 1 is just bad.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I was doing a bad movie night this weekend, and I wanted to ask Era for their opinion. Since it's so close to St Paddy's, what's the best "so bad it's good" Leprechaun movie? Is it "In The Hood"?

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
I was doing a bad movie night this weekend, and I wanted to ask Era for their opinion. Since it's so close to St Paddy's, what's the best "so bad it's good" Leprechaun movie? Is it "In The Hood"?

The only one worth watching is the original with Jennifer Aniston. The rest suck ass. You'll regret them...

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Oof...I did that marathon and made it through everything but Origins I believe (wasn't available). Whenever I watched them, it was when they were leaving whatever streaming service so I hit everything they had...I will say they were better than Thankskilling 3 by a mile but that isn't saying much.