mclem

Oct 25, 2017
The obnoxious thing about Balatro is why didn't anyone come up with the idea sooner. On paper it's so simple, but it's *so* effective.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
LocalThunk cooked when he made this one. Most deserved sales ever.

Sorry for that million lives destroyed.

Are we though?

balatro-nope.gif

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Probably going to be my GotY.

And this is from an FF7 fan who feels like Rebirth far exceeded his already skyhigh expectations for it.

Titantodd

May 3, 2023
Very good and very well deserved. They've still got a way to go before they reach ante 11 though.

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
great game! Me and SO battle using the same seed on our switches(on a single copy:)) quite fun!

Portable, buttons and touchscreen support make it wonderful on switch:).

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
And it should sell another ten to twenty millions, because it's that good. I've played several great games this year and Balatro is still my GOTY so far.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Deserves GOTY so far this year, that's for sure. That one million copies is very well deserved.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
Wheel of Fortune is also good with the joker that gives you higher probabilities. But yeah outside of that I never choose it

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I bought it twice. Didn't like playing it with a controller that much so bought it on Steam as well. Can mod it on PC too. Great game would buy Balatro 2.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Very well deserved success, and I'm hoping we'll get more deck-building roguelites that aren't focused on turn-based fighting thanks to this. I think it's the main reason why I'm finding Balatro so much more interesting than StS or Monster Train or others.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved

This game is the most addictive rougelike since Binding Of Isaac for me. Already sank 35 hours into it. Hope this will get supported with updates and expansions for a long time.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Still blows my mind that this was from a solo dev.

So happy for them - the game is fantastic and I have yet to put really solid hours in so I am out of the danger zone.. for now.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I am personally responsible for 4 of those copies sold. (3 Steam, 1 PS5)

AND I'LL DO IT AGAIN.

I got my Steam Deck on November 24th and including the demo time, it is BY FAR my most played game on it. My Steam Deck was a Balatro machine.