Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So I started this 4 days ago and...

Q3lAiGM.png

yeah...

One question: If I clear Ante 8, is there anything to be unlocked/achieved in the endless mode, or is it just for personal fun/score?

Ante 12 will unlock something iirc, nothing after that.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Ok, finally got Antimatter in a run yesterday. I just began restarting runs if I didn't get Blank offered early.

So with that my collection is complete and I got all achievements I wanted. I may do a challenge run now and again but I'm probably shifting gears towards Hades II now.

Had a lot of fun with Balatro, those 150 hours went by in a flash. Will say that I don't quite have the urge to get gold stake on all decks, it just doesn't hit Spire in terms of infinite replayability for me.

May 26, 2018
Almost had the most insane session of all time. Was playing anaglyph deck and built up 9 double tags.

Skipped one blind onto something way too big to score with my hand, but... if I had won, I would've had about ten negative jokers. And I could have afforded all the rerolls to get them easy considering I had the cheap reroll voucher and a TON of money from playing a fruitful Bull joker run.

I can't imagine how badly I would've broken the game. T'would have been a sight to see.

Jan 20, 2023
Almost had the most insane session of all time. Was playing anaglyph deck and built up 9 double tags.

Skipped one blind onto something way too big to score with my hand, but... if I had won, I would've had about ten negative jokers. And I could have afforded all the rerolls to get them easy considering I had the cheap reroll voucher and a TON of money from playing a fruitful Bull joker run.

I can't imagine how badly I would've broken the game. T'would have been a sight to see.
on that front, has anybody noticed how this doesn't acutlaly seem to add up the way it should?

if you have 3x double tags, and you select say free spectral pack

you only seem to get 4x spectral packs, when you'd expect to get 6, no?

after 2x tags, it doesn't seem to scale up properly.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
on that front, has anybody noticed how this doesn't acutlaly seem to add up the way it should?

if you have 3x double tags, and you select say free spectral pack

you only seem to get 4x spectral packs, when you'd expect to get 6, no?

after 2x tags, it doesn't seem to scale up properly.
The double tag says that it won't double doubles, so I think the above is a consequence of applying that rule? although i would have thought that the later double tags should just sit there and not fire, rather than firing and giving you one pack?

i.e. as I read the rule, if you have three double tags, and then choose spectral, you should get given two spectral packs, consuming one double, and then just have two double tags left in your stack.

Jan 20, 2023
The double tag says that it won't double doubles, so I think the above is a consequence of applying that rule? although i would have thought that the later double tags should just sit there and not fire, rather than firing and giving you one pack?

i.e. as I read the rule, if you have three double tags, and then choose spectral, you should get given two spectral packs, consuming one double, and then just have two double tags left in your stack.

the way it works as far as i can recall, is if you have 3x double tags, and you pickup a spectral tag

it consumes them all, and only gives you 4x spectral packs

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
the way it works as far as i can recall, is if you have 3x double tags, and you pickup a spectral tag

it consumes them all, and only gives you 4x spectral packs
Yeah that's a bit mean but I guess they balanced the anaglyph deck around it. I guess there is value in being able to get several copies of a really valuable tag. IMHO a fairer way would be to just leave the tags in the stack, unused, ready for the next "real" tag.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
First time back since the patch dropped and the balancing feels so much better. Purple stakes is a lot more fun to play now with the guaranteed early joker and the changes to the foil/holo/poly tags. And blue seal is suddenly legit strong. 10/10, no notes.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm shaking. Just beat Golden Needle.

Used a simple 3oak strategy right from the start using my trusty Half joker. Got Abstract and Bull to keep me going in the middle antes. Got Hit the Road and Throwback to give me some x mult. My lucky break was getting a late negative Seltzer.

My ante 8 boss was the Crimson one that disables one joker. I didn't want to take the risk so rerolled, but got Violet Vessel instead. I was gutted to get so close again and most likely fail at the final hurdle.

But some judicious use of glass and a few steel cards showed that I could get 400k+, so I rerolled the shop before the boss and got a Justice and a Death. I figured I could get two glass cards and with enough jacks and steel cards, I might have a shot.

In the end, it worked perfectly.

Buzzing!

Finished on Ante 11, small blind of 7.2m. My Seltzer had run out and I couldn't make 3oak anyway. But still very happy.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shaking. Just beat Golden Needle.

Used a simple 3oak strategy right from the start using my trusty Half joker. Got Abstract and Bull to keep me going in the middle antes. Got Hit the Road and Throwback to give me some x mult. My lucky break was getting a late negative Seltzer.

My ante 8 boss was the Crimson one that disables one joker. I didn't want to take the risk so rerolled, but got Violet Vessel instead. I was gutted to get so close again and most likely fail at the final hurdle.

But some judicious use of glass and a few steel cards showed that I could get 400k+, so I rerolled the shop before the boss and got a Justice and a Death. I figured I could get two glass cards and with enough jacks and steel cards, I might have a shot.

In the end, it worked perfectly.

Buzzing!

Finished on Ante 11, small blind of 7.2m. My Seltzer had run out and I couldn't make 3oak anyway. But still very happy.
Nicely done. Congrats on the win

Oct 28, 2017
Nicely done. Congrats on the win
Thanks. Enjoyed grinding that over the last few days. I don't think I've ever pressed R so much on my keyboard.

Onto Jokerless next.

Edit: Beat Jokerless last night to complete the challenges. Used a flush build focused on diamonds. Some red seal diamonds helped and got past Ante 8 with no bother. Rerolled the final boss to just get the same one oddly though.

Last edited:

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but something fucked up has happened with the PS version.

Noticed today that it is tagged with the PS5/PS4 mark on the PS Store. Weird I thought, as the version I bought at launch was PS5 only, and this one is asking me to pay up. I'd quite like it on PS4 as well, so fired that up on the other TV its connected to in the bedroom upstairs. Not in my PS4 library. I search on the store, and its asking me to buy it.

So I think when it initially went up the publisher only uploaded the PS5 version, but after it got taken down due to the age rating issue it got reuploaded as a brand new SKU with crossbuy with a new PS4 version, which is treated as completely separate to the version those of us bought at launch as a PS5 only title, thus denying us the right to the PS4 version.

That's... kinda bullshit.

It's on sale right now and I'm actually thinking of using this opportunity to buy it again to support LocalThunk, as I feel like the game was the bargain of the century, but it's still kind of annoying.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Playstation treating PS4 and PS5 copies of the exact same game as separate is just kind of shitty I think...but they had Spidermanz and they sold 60 million consoles so I guess they can just do what they want?

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Playstation treating PS4 and PS5 copies of the exact same game as separate is just kind of shitty I think...but they had Spidermanz and they sold 60 million consoles so I guess they can just do what they want?

You misunderstand. They are treating them as the same game now... after they delisted the version people bought at launch that was PS5 only. Thus denying launch owners the PS4 version.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
You misunderstand. They are treating them as the same game now... after they delisted the version people bought at launch that was PS5 only. Thus denying launch owners the PS4 version.
Sorry, I may be phrasing it wrong...as I understand it you can access the ps5 version but not the PS4 version? So in the system that tracks entitlements it thinks the PS4 version is a different thing from the ps5 version (as you own one and not the other). For new people, they can only pay once and get both entitlements...so it looks like one game to buy but really from the system point of view they're getting two games).

What I was trying to say was that the whole concept Sony have, of thinking/tracking that a PS4 version of a game is somehow different to the exact same thing running on a ps5 is silly.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Wow this new update has made things so much... Maybe not easier, but fairer. I've already unlocked a new deck and a few jokers I just couldn't do before.

I'm so conflicted on if I should get this game now for the Switch or wait until later this year when I get a Steam deck. I wish I knew Nintendo's BC plans for nextgen.
Get it now. Thank me later

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
Wow this new update has made things so much... Maybe not easier, but fairer. I've already unlocked a new deck and a few jokers I just couldn't do before.

Get it now. Thank me later
Lol I just bought it this weekend (although for PS5.) The hours are melting away and can definitely tell I'll be sinking in many hours. Best $12 spent this year by far. I just made it up to Ante 8 finally and still learning.

Cheat Code

Oct 30, 2017
Currently just completing my collection, missing the enhanced Top Hat voucher (haven't unlocked it yet because nobody buys Top Hat) and two jokers.

Canio sure, legendaries come once in a blue moon.

Glass Joker, where the fuck are you. I had a deck with 5+ glass cards active, used 7 double tags on an ante 9 Mega Buffoon skip and the bastard still didn't show up.

Guessing a good tactic would be to double up on the Uncommon tag once you have a glass card? Dunno why he's so elusive for an uncommon.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Currently just completing my collection, missing the enhanced Top Hat voucher (haven't unlocked it yet because nobody buys Top Hat) and two jokers.

Canio sure, legendaries come once in a blue moon.

Glass Joker, where the fuck are you. I had a deck with 5+ glass cards active, used 7 double tags on an ante 9 Mega Buffoon skip and the bastard still didn't show up.

Guessing a good tactic would be to double up on the Uncommon tag once you have a glass card? Dunno why he's so elusive for an uncommon.
I just got him, he's a bastard of RNG. But can confirm you don't need 5 glass jokers to get him to appear, once you've unlocked him. Just one in your deck. Then anytime I had a skip blind that gave me an uncommon joker I took it.

Cheat Code

Oct 30, 2017
I just got him, he's a bastard of RNG. But can confirm you don't need 5 glass jokers to get him to appear, once you've unlocked him. Just one in your deck. Then anytime I had a skip blind that gave me an uncommon joker I took it.
Yeah I finally got him (also upgraded top hat on the same run funnily enough).

I also didn't get a single uncommon tag the entire game, I just made a billion dollars with negative Rocket and rerolled about 100 times.

Just Canio and Super Top Hat and my collection is complete!