• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do we think the two new projects may be?

• New IP/IPs in fantasy setting

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • New IP/IPs in Sci-Fi Setting

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • New Divinity game/games

Votes: 144 60.5%
  • New IP/IPs not standard medieval fantasy or Sci-Fi( Steampunk, Urban Fantasy, Cyberpunk etc.etc)

Votes: 56 23.5%
  • Other(specify in the thread if you want)

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Nimbat1003

Nov 14, 2021
One of these games is most definitely a new Divinity game.

I also hope that they create a new IP with a cyberpunk setting. I want a Larian cyberpunk game.

my bet as well, i love the divinity world from dos2 i enjoy it more than the standard D&D setting so would be excited for more some kind of sci fi or other setting would be great to (look at bioware moving to KOTR and Mass effect)

after BG3 i think a 3rd person RPG(action rpg?) would be great they have done that style in the past

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
One of them is absolutely Divinity and I hope it's only one, because out of all the CRPG resurgence games in the last decade Divinity is one of the few I have not enjoyed. I don't like the world, writing, characters or combat so it's pretty much a slam dunk of unfun for me.

Baldur's Gate 3 I enjoyed despite the combat, and I hope Larian goes ahead and uses what it's learned to cook up a new IP that I hope is more interesting.

Efreeti

Banned
Jul 5, 2019
The story / background wasn't great in DOS2, but they did recognize that and hired a bunch of writers and it improved a lot for BG3, so maybe with a more fleshed out world and stories DOS3 could be great.

With scifi I'm worried it would be a witcher 3 -> cyberpunk scenario, but that's a very different company of course.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I know they'll probably go Sci-Fi/Steampunk/Cyberpunk but I personally hope they stay in the Fantasy genre without delving back into Divinity or DND which I'm a little tired of seeing. Still whatever they do is bound to gather a lot of interest so I'm glad they're using that opportunity to make an original IP over leveraging an existing license or doing a sequel to a previous title of theirs

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised is one of them (Not the next game, but the one further out) is Divinity 3.

And I don't mean Divinity OS 3 but a huge change in systems that would mean it's very different from OS 1 and 2

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna see Larian do their own spin on a cyberpunk or post apoc setting, the bloodier the better. Gimme that Fallout style gore.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
With scifi I'm worried it would be a witcher 3 -> cyberpunk scenario, but that's a very different company of course.

So going from making great game to making another great game? Sounds good to me.

Also Larian will be using early access with their new game(s) too, like they did with DOS 2 and BG 3. That alone will guarantee certain level of quality.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
It is a new divinity game and something smaller and more experimental I would wager.

Jul 24, 2018
I hope it's not sci-fi, outside of maybe Cyberpunk, space is boring and there are like a thousand space games. I hope it's something completely different but I'm there for it if it's another CRPG from them.

Jun 2, 2019
I just hope it's a new fantasy IP. It would be a shame if they stopped making fantasy games after BG3, but I don't really care about Divinity.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Sure, just do a Cthulhu mythos game and not use any of the trademarked names. I am down for that.
Thanks, Larian!

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, Divinity yeah.

The real question is, will the other one be an isometric RPG?

It would be interesting if they tried branching out.

Bizkit Krueger