EjqcAjlWoAMZlca
Ejq6F3wWAAUm7iC
Ejq6QTfWkAAHNfM
EjqVKB0XYAEq6N7

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Age Inquisition was great at this too iirc

Inquisition's character creator was busted as hell. They put you in one of the worst possible places in the game world (the Fade, with an extreme green tint EVERYWHERE) while creating your character so when you actually load into the game your character looks almost completely different from how you made them in the menus. I had to start over from scratch three times to get a look I didn't hate.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I just saw this today and goddamn am I impressed.
However, this isn't a in depth character creator, right ? What I mean is, can you actually change the face exactly the way you want or do you just have Mouth 1, Mouth 2, Mouth 3 etc ?

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
They did facial scans for this one. Reminds me of the detail you see in RE Engine games from Capcom.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to get this on early access just to play around with the character customization.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be one of the best character creators I've ever seen in a game. Amazing stuff.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
However, this isn't a in depth character creator, right ? What I mean is, can you actually change the face exactly the way you want or do you just have Mouth 1, Mouth 2, Mouth 3 etc ?
They went with pre-made faces made from face scans for the game, you can't change the head details.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Yeah I'm not interested in early access but man the model quality is insane and I'm just watching through streams.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not an expert, since i'm a curly haired white woman, but they seem to do curls very well. bravo. Would love to hear black era's take.

Also voices don't seem to be gender locked.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
They are are light-years ahead of the models in DOS:2, good to see that increased budget put to use!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they look amazing. Glad to see quality VA in Larian games now too.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, in most of these kinds of games you still have to select a portrait that looks nothing like your character.

Oct 27, 2017
Need to see all the black hair options before I can really praise it.

Inquisition's character creator was busted as hell. They put you in one of the worst possible places in the game world (the Fade, with an extreme green tint EVERYWHERE) while creating your character so when you actually load into the game your character looks almost completely different from how you made them in the menus. I had to start over from scratch three times to get a look I didn't hate.

Inquisition's character creator was so fucking bad. The green hue you mention meant it was impossible to get any kind of normal looking skin color and the options for black hair were downright offensive. There was a simple texture that was supposed to look like a buzzcut I guess and then the same texture but on a larger skull lmao

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I wish it was a bit more cartoony and a bit less realistic but it's fine otherwise. It is based on D&D too I suppose.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, in most of these kinds of games you still have to select a portrait that looks nothing like your character.

Portraits with actual character and soul to them unlike some shitty little picture of a 3d model?

Yes those were some tragic days.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
All you can change is head style from like 4 or 5 for each race? And hair has like 16 options or something.

They all look great but it's not an advanced character creator, the stock stuff they jave just looks very nice.

No body shapes, height, muscle tone adjustments etc

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
That's some very impressive variety that maintains consistency without making characters look like goofballs. It seems like it could use more variety of options, but that should be doable with Patches or Mods (which was the case with DOS2)

I'm still baffled most games that put the focus on your custom created character have such garbage character creation, both in options and quality of the end result

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I played a few hours of the game, they have the best hair I've ever seen in a game where you create a character, maybe the best hair in general, it's seriously impressive.