• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Fact sheets about the game (story and mechanics)
  • johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
    Italy
    You still are getting your every single dice roll and you get to see how they were executed, so..?

Making game more accessible while giving all those nerdy numbers and charts to those who want them is only good thing.
    that's why i hope i can turn them off, not remove them entirely

But... that's what dice rolls are
    i just don't want the synthetic probability calculation right in front of my face 🤷‍♂️

anyway

some FACTS

LLH1BPJ.png

wDhL6kh.png

Wushu Studios, team Shinobi works for, is helping out Larian
  • Oct 27, 2017
    Congrats shinobi602 xD

twitter.com

Wushu Studios on Twitter

“We're so delighted to share we've been working alongside the incredibly talented @larianstudios on @baldursgate3! A chance to work on an iconic franchise like Baldur's Gate is a rare dream & we're honored to support such a visionary team. https://t.co/DKsFiNK7mu #BaldursGate3”

Developers are looking to address issue of non-origin characters being too blank
  • Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
    www.trustedreviews.com

Baldur's Gate 3 will fix one of Divinity 2's biggest flaws

Baldur’s Gate 3 will let players enjoy significantly more meaningful, nuanced stories using custom characters than they could in Divinity 2, this | Trusted Reviews

According to this, they are at least trying to make custom characters more interesting to play than they were in DOS2. It's D&D, I don't want to play the DMs characters, but I also don't want a watered down experience either.

As of now game doesn't feature day / night cycle
  • Oct 31, 2017
    Just learned reading this interview that the game apparently is not going to have any day)night cycle:
    wccftech.com

Baldur's Gate 3 PAX East Interview - Listening to Fan Feedback, Adding Raytracing

We took a deep dive into the world premiere of Baldur's Gate 3 at PAX East 2020 with Adam Smith and Matt Holland, both of Larian Studios.

Finally I have officially something to be genuinely pissed about, too.

Honestly don't even want to hear the justifications about how it's a costly feature.
    They are blowing basically unlimited budget on this damn production, I'm sure they could spare a part of the money to adjust for a day/night and time passing.

It would also be a long term investment as they'd recycle the tech (variable lighting, time passing, scheduling ,etc) for each of their subsequent titles, in some form.

AMA with Larian
  • texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
    Indonesia
    Baldur's Gate 3 Reddit AMA

Baldur's Gate 3 was a secret for a long while, and we were super excited to finally show it to you at PAX East. We're sure you have loads of questions, and since we're about to embark on an epic adventure together into Early Access, what better time than to sit down and talk with you guys, our party!

Early Access will be a constantly evolving development, and we're happy to have you there for the journey. Every party needs to sit down, camp, and chat. So, let's talk!

Here're all the members of the party:
    • Larian_Swen (Founder & Creative Director)
    • Larian_David (Producer)
    • Larian_NickP (Lead Systems Designer)
    • Larian_Adam (Senior Writer)
    • Larian_Jan (Writing Director)

You can meet them and talk with them at:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/