orzkare

Apr 9, 2020
Japan
G7sDFHx.jpeg

www.bandainamco.co.jp

Bandai Namco Holdings Inc.

The official website of Bandai Namco Holdings Inc., the pure holding company of the Bandai Namco Group.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
These chucklefucks are still hampering gundams growth with their postmortem anti queer stance that thinks people are going to show up for :: checks notes:: Guel figures.

Yurei

Feb 28, 2023
Let's go Gundam!

We've had a really good last few years. I just saw Seed Freedom in Theaters yesterday, it was alright. I hope the Netflix show is good too.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Bandai owns so many properties I would love to see again but are completely dead but I can't really blame them because clearly Gundam, Naruto, and Dragon Ball make way more money so why WOULD they bother with stuff that makes less?

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
off topic : whats going on with perfect grade models? Are there any in the pipeline? I feel like that has stalled the last 10 years or so. We got 3 or 4 strike gundam variants and then exia? What is next?

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Yay!

For the love of god build more factories to pump out kits. So many older kits haven't been in production for years and everything still sells out as it is.

off topic : whats going on with perfect grade models? Are there any in the pipeline? I feel like that has stalled the last 10 years or so. We got 3 or 4 strike gundam variants and then exia? What is next?
Brands like PG and MG are gonna be treated more premium/rare as shown by how few releases there have been.

In some way do to what I imagine lack luster sales of certain ones.

Expect Bandai to be very selective on what gets an MG

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
What kinda merch are they selling for One Piece that is equally or surpassing all of the Gunpla stuff?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Bamco is often pretty conservative on their forecasts, them forecasting drops or flat numbers for almost everything is a pretty good example of that, and they often beat forecasts because of this, and by a good amount on big hitters. Them putting the biggest increase on DB in their forecast definitely says that they are very confident in DB's slate of projects this year. Daima, Sparking Zero, Super Divers, etc.
The fiscal year before the one this thread is about was DB's biggest ever and they're forecasting a little above that, meaning it's probably going to be the biggest by a good amount.

chatsquared

Nov 19, 2020
Man, Ultraman has come so far in the years since I started watching these charts. For reference, this is the one from 2014 when Ultra was doing *bad* year after year.

Screenshot_20240509-074401.png

... you know I could have sworn Dragon Ball was always a huge IP on these charts but damn, 11.4 in 2014 vs 140.6 in 2024???

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Ultraman has come so far in the years since I started watching these charts. For reference, this is the one from 2014 when Ultra was doing *bad* year after year.

Screenshot_20240509-074401.png

... you know I could have sworn Dragon Ball was always a huge IP on these charts but damn, 11.4 in 2014 vs 140.6 in 2024???
Dragon Ball exploded with DBS. It was even lower before Battle of Gods.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Brands like PG and MG are gonna be treated more premium/rare as shown by how few releases there have been.

In some way do to what I imagine lack luster sales of certain ones.

Expect Bandai to be very selective on what gets an MG
I miss the hayday when Wing Custom PG was released it felt like they were pumping out PGs and MGs all the time...high school me couldn't keep up.