• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
News from Gematsu

Sparking-Zero-Trademark_10-06-23-1280x720.jpg

Bandai Namco Entertainment filed a trademark for "Sparking! Zero" on September 26 in the United States.

The Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi series is known as the Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! series in Japan.

The trademark could suggest the game's title will be Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! Zero, at least in Japan, as well as that a follow-up announcement is coming soon.

Really hope we get some info on this game soon.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
wonder if the BT brand is being retired. would make sense tbh it's a mouthful
If "NARUTO X BORUTO Ultimate Ninja STORM CONNECTIONS" is happening, you can bet they'll use the Budokai Tenkaichi brand lmao. Besides, they REALLY want to know that this is a new BT and cash in on the nostalgia.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Namek is so ugly in that screenshot. They need to stop with the realistic look for worlds.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Dammit Bamco, Dragon Ball age is over old man. It's One Piece time now.
You don't want another OP game from Spike Chunsoft.

Honestly, no one should want this in general. BT1-3 were decent on PS2/Wii but all Spike's Bamco fighters since (DB Raging Blast 1-2, OP Burning Blood, J-Stars Victory VS, Jump Force, etc) have been awful.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like super saiyan blue has become the new face of Goku. Super Saiyan god is so much more visually striking and interesting.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Either a new Dragon Ball game is coming to the West, or Bandai Namco is getting into the sparkling water market.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
BT1 = Sparking!
BT2 = Sparking! Neo
BT3= Sparking! Meteor
BT4= Sparking! Zero

The real question is if it's gonna be called Budokai Tenkaichi 4 or drop the number and just be Budokai Tenkaichi.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Sparking! Zero is an odd name, considering this is a revival of a DB fighting game series that would push further into the franchise's history than previously possible.

What is "Zero" about this. (Please please info soon though)

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I have very little faith they'll top Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with this new one...

I dread a very small roster at launch, not covering every possible corner of Dragon Ball brand (+ What Ifs) and possible a couple of characters via DLC :<

I want this to be a complete package at launch and not be made something "competitive", just shallow and mindless fun.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017

I dread a very small roster at launch, not covering every possible corner of Dragon Ball brand (+ What Ifs) and possible a couple of characters via DLC :<

I want this to be a complete package at launch and not be made something "competitive", just shallow and mindless fun.
I don't think they'll make this a balanced, competitive fighter, a new FighterZ game would be a better fit for that. The roster definitely won't be as big as Tenkaichi 3, but hopefully it'll at least be close to the size of the first one.

Oct 25, 2017
Bamco is going deeeeep cut to the Harmony Gold dub where Goku was called Zero.

I'm guessing they're just doing this for logistic reasons. It will still be Budokai Tenkaichi in the West. Whether it's BT4 or something else, we will see

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru

This won't be a competitive game, it isn't really a proper fighting game like FighterZ, so I wouldn't worry about balance.
As for DLC, that's gonna be there for sure, Xenoverse 2 is still getting DLC like 7 years after launch.

Snowby

Dec 8, 2019
You know what if they actually call it tenkaichi zero that would honestly be a pretty good name for it.