Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Roselia has Sayo, though, who's absolute trash.

I like them all as well, but Afterglow is on a whole other level. I like all five of them.
I like everyone in Poppin' Party though too, so it's kind of tied for me with Afterglow.

My rankings?

Poppin' Party/Afterglow
Roselia (I like Lisa too much)
Pastel Palettes
Hello Happy World

That being said, even though HHW is ranked last, it doesn't mean I dislike them. I like all of the bands, just some less than others.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't notice this until later, but I love how the band members talk to one another during a live performance. That's really cool.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuuck this stuttering issue. I wonder if it's a RAM problem? Missed in on a FC twice today because of it.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Outside of occasional frustrations, I really love the way multiplayer is handled in this. It'll be weird going back to primarily single-player rhythm games on console.

Also, a dumb area item question: When you have one of each instrument type set at Circle, do you get the benefits of each instrument? I'd assume that's the case since you see all five or whatever visually represented there, but pretty much every guide I've looked at online says that you can only get the benefits of one instrument type at a time. Curious if that's something that was originally that way in the JP version and eventually changed, or if it's actually still the case

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of occasional frustrations, I really love the way multiplayer is handled in this. It'll be weird going back to primarily single-player rhythm games on console.

Also, a dumb area item question: When you have one of each instrument type set at Circle, do you get the benefits of each instrument? I'd assume that's the case since you see all five or whatever visually represented there, but pretty much every guide I've looked at online says that you can only get the benefits of one instrument type at a time. Curious if that's something that was originally that way in the JP version and eventually changed, or if it's actually still the case
You mean like if you have Studio Mic and Idol Mic? If that's the case then you can only get the effects of one of them.

Go to the Area Items menu and Check Effects to see which ones are active.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Quick update: they just released a cool type gacha that lasts until the 24th, so if you wanted a boost for this event, now's your chance.

Also, is anyone here doing the events without using live refills? I know you need to for top 100, but I'm curious about placement for people who havent used them.

Im trying for under 1000, at #1704 atm. Just been relying on the level ups and doing 1 flame lives.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quick update: they just released a cool type gacha that lasts until the 24th, so if you wanted a boost for this event, now's your chance.

Also, is anyone here doing the events without using live refills? I know you need to for top 100, but I'm curious about placement for people who havent used them.

Im trying for under 1000, at #1704 atm. Just been relying on the level ups and doing 1 flame lives.
I haven't used any and I'm at 3400ish atm. That's usually playing 3 or 4 times a day(until I run out of boosts on each one).

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017

I've done some events like that, but as you rank up it gets harder to level up and get refills through that unfortunately.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got top 100k in the JP event! Didn't really plan it, was just trying to get as close to 50 as possible before the Roselia Chapter 2 event

DdoUPS-VAAEjPnK.jpg

This event is a lot tougher to get to top 1000 than the previous ones, so I kinda backed off because I felt like I was going to have to spend stars to keep up. If you're in the rank 50-70 range you might be okay.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Also, is anyone here doing the events without using live refills? I know you need to for top 100, but I'm curious about placement for people who havent used them
I haven't used any stars for refills yet and have maintained a top 1000 rank. Just been using my boosts consistently without letting any go to waste besides when I'm asleep.
Made up to the 500s yesterday but today I'm starting back down around 900.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I haven't used any stars for refills yet and have maintained a top 1000 rank. Just been using my boosts consistently without letting any go to waste besides when I'm asleep.
Made up to the 500s yesterday but today I'm starting back down around 900.

Thanks everyone. And yeah I think because I started the event a bit late, I got left behind. So I may have to use a few boosts to get there.

At rank 107 atm so yeah I'm feeling the slowdown of leveling.

I did see somewhere that once they release the challenge mode, you'll be able to earn free boost refills? Anyone have details on that?

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I wish you could tell what difficulties you've cleared a song on once the song has been picked in a multi live. I'm still not yet familiar enough with the whole list to always remember what songs I can handle on Extreme and which I can't, and now that I can get into Master rooms occasionally I kind of hate to take the chance lol

You mean like if you have Studio Mic and Idol Mic? If that's the case then you can only get the effects of one of them.

Go to the Area Items menu and Check Effects to see which ones are active.
Ah, thanks, I somehow never actually looked at Check Effects. I was specifically worried it'd only could one instrument total (like one mic and no guitar/bass/drums/etc) since a number of guides seemed to suggest that, but yeah, thankfully not the case.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I wish you could tell what difficulties you've cleared a song on once the song has been picked in a multi live. I'm still not yet familiar enough with the whole list to always remember what songs I can handle on Extreme and which I can't, and now that I can get into Master rooms occasionally I kind of hate to take the chance lol

Ah, thanks, I somehow never actually looked at Check Effects. I was specifically worried it'd only could one instrument total (like one mic and no guitar/bass/drums/etc) since a number of guides seemed to suggest that, but yeah, thankfully not the case.

I would honestly base it more on if you know you can reliably clear it based on practice. Sometimes there are songs that you might clear with the help of health recovery characters, but you're not consistent enough to not fail them in multi. Had that happen with Phantom Thief and Sorario, and jeez Phantom really feels like a 28 to me when you compare it to Guren and Louder.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Yay I got my first 4*
PiDGrlB.jpg

It would be nice if it was a better character though, I've been doing the Roselia band story to unlock their songs because I like them when they come up in multiplayer and Yukina and particularly Sayo just seem unlikable.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
That Yukina is super good. Because of her skill I regularly have at least one person with her as leader in any room I play in.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Man, how on earth do the top players on global have millions of event points? That seems absurd.
No-lifing it. I did some calculations and the person in the top spot with 10 million points has likely been doing nothing but playing with ~5 hours of sleep per night.
Top 100 players often say you need to put in about 5-6 hours of play per day to maintain your spot.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I've played with the top guy a handful times. Pretty much always in a party and only plays meta songs that can reach SS with ease.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
JP Roselia events are wild. Have 112k points a little over 12 hours after the event started and I'm barely cracking top 50,000 lol

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Eventually got into a rhythm of playing a handful of 3x rounds a few times a day and wound up at #1363. Tempted to spend a bit more time than usual playing tomorrow to try to crack the top 1000 by the end.

It's really a shame you're stuck to a single device with this. I wouldn't switch away from my phone as the primary device, but I'd love to be able to also play on my iPad while at home.

Last edited:

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like top 2500 is a certainty for me at this point, I'm almost tempted to spend stars to try and get top 1000. Any chance in hell I could do it with 1400 stars? I can't say I care too much about the gacha portion of this game with how rare 4*s are.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like top 2500 is a certainty for me at this point, I'm almost tempted to spend stars to try and get top 1000. Any chance in hell I could do it with 1400 stars? I can't say I care too much about the gacha portion of this game with how rare 4*s are.
I'm at #1260 with 630k points. If that provides some perspective on points required.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised I've been able to stay in the 800-1000 range with just regenerated Live Boosts, guess that's due to my higher event bonus since it was such a challenge last event.

Makes me worried for the next event since Happy is pretty terrible for me.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised I've been able to stay in the 800-1000 range with just regenerated Live Boosts, guess that's due to my higher event bonus since it was such a challenge last event.

Makes me worried for the next event since Happy is pretty terrible for me.
I was right there too all event until last night. Had a super long night with a concert and wasn't able to play then or this morning. ;-;

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how anyone can stand to grind top 100. Grinding from 2400 to 1257 has been quite a chore.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I don't see how anyone can stand to grind top 100. Grinding from 2400 to 1257 has been quite a chore.
I imagine that the people who manage it are incredible multitaskers. You gotta spend every waking moment playing the game.

Personally, I'm satisfied by just grabbing all the exclusive rewards, like the sticker and units, and bailing out. It's just the right amount of playtime for me.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'm satisfied by just grabbing all the exclusive rewards, like the sticker and units, and bailing out. It's just the right amount of playtime for me.
That's what I've done in previous events, but it was fairly easy to hit 2500 so I figured I'd grind out top 1000 for just this one event. If I had spread it out over the whole event it wouldn't be that bad, but having to do it all at the end sucks. Especially since the same songs always get picked, I wish there was a queue that forced random.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I've done in previous events, but it was fairly easy to hit 2500 so I figured I'd grind out top 1000 for just this one event. If I had spread it out over the whole event it wouldn't be that bad, but having to do it all at the end sucks. Especially since the same songs always get picked, I wish there was a queue that forced random.
I wish random was actually random, and not a vote for nothing UNLESS everyone else chooses random too. I get that when you choose random, if everyone else but one also chooses random, the winning song they selected is still random to you, but when people generally tend to stick to the same songs...

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
petethepanda I'm at 1063, you're not getting by me :p.

I wish random was actually random, and not a vote for nothing UNLESS everyone else chooses random too. I get that when you choose random, if everyone else but one also chooses random, the winning song they selected is still random to you, but when people generally tend to stick to the same songs...
That would be my preference too, but I don't see it happening.

Edit: And 9 boosts later I'm at 891, that was a bigger jump than I expected, I wonder what I need to be safe.

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
lol I'm at 8k. No intention of breaking into any sort of "real rank". Just wanted than 150k reward. Now I griiiiiind.

I'm assuming you need multiple 4* cards to break into the Master bracket? Or can it be done with 1 4*? Cuz that's all I got for now.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about Random is that in JP it's actually Omakase which means I'll leave it up to you
Though I agree there should be an actual Random selection

I'm at #773 with 729,760 points, not too worried about not staying in the 1000

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I burned another 10 boosts and hit 545 which has me eyeing the top 100. Someone please talk me down.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I burned another 10 boosts and hit 545 which has me eyeing the top 100. Someone please talk me down.
Look at the point difference, it's not worth it!
The only thing they get is a different title, all the other rewards are the same.
I doubt you'd have enough time either
lol I'm at 8k. No intention of breaking into any sort of "real rank". Just wanted than 150k reward. Now I griiiiiind.

I'm assuming you need multiple 4* cards to break into the Master bracket? Or can it be done with 1 4*? Cuz that's all I got for now.
Definitely possible with the right Area items, I have a full Cool 3* team with 186k power

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Look at the point difference, it's not worth it!
The only thing they get is a different title, all the other rewards are the same.
I doubt you'd have enough time either
Is there a way to see how many points they have? All I have is top 10 and the 10 around me. Not that it matters, as much as I like this game, I think I've had enough for the week.

Definitely possible with the right Area items, I have a full Cool 3* team with 186k power
Do you concentrate on a specific set? I haven't bothered with area items much and it is definitely showing on my scores, I'll get a fc with everyone else at the same difficulty and have the lowest score (or second lowest) fairly often.

It's hard to decide with the team I need changing every week.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to see how many points they have? All I have is top 10 and the 10 around me. Not that it matters, as much as I like this game, I think I've had enough for the week.

Do you concentrate on a specific set? I haven't bothered with area items much and it is definitely showing on my scores, I'll get a fc with everyone else at the same difficulty and have the lowest score (or second lowest) fairly often.

It's hard to decide with the team I need changing every week.
No, I really wish you could though! You have to rely on them to say it or being in the tier yourself unfortunately. Another game I play lets you see your Friend rank/points as well, that would be really useful here.

I try to balance out the Attribute boosts (Food and Ryuseido items) but I really only have band items for Poppin Party since that's where my only 4* is.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
At this time of posting, 749194 points has me sitting in #612. Who knows how that will change in 4 hours when the event ends.

I have one 4* and she's the one that isn't a cool type (Rimi). The rest of my band are 3* cool though and I can barely squeeze through 180k power with area items and character episodes.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm fine being within the Top 2500 too.

If I'm going to spend stars, it's going to be for pulling the actual character cards. Titles really don't interest me much at all, but if I were close to the cut-off for a ranking (and earned more stars for making it within that bracket), I'd definitely spend enough to make sure it happened (if I were to gain stars, based on what I'd spend to get there and what was offered as the reward).

Good luck to those pressing for those higher ranks!