Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
Their justification for giving Banjo the N&B design was the dumbest shit ive ever heard from a developer.

"Well we DID make an HD banjo model but it didnt look retro enough so we needed more hard edged geometric designs"

So you went from this

giphy.gif

To this

06d4cf8c6aff23b09d0491eff2250527.jpg

Imagine if Nintendo did this to mario in the transition to Sunshine, Galaxy or Odyssey.

10 years later and those designs still look incredibly unappealing if not outright ugly.

The Jinjos look alright though, I will admit, as do a lot of other characters like Humba Wumba.

latest

humbawumba_l1.jpg

Still, the rationale that cartoony N64 characters could not possibly transition well into HD gaming without embracing some grotesque caricature of blocky fifth generation character design is straight up bullshit. We've seen characters like Fox McCloud and Donkey Kong transition just fine.

Imagine if during the Gamecube days, Rare or Namco came to the arbitrary conclusion that Fox "doesn't look right" rendered using sixth generation hardware and instead went for a strange hyper-retro look.

Imagine Fox not looking like this...

Star-Fox-Adventures-Staff-580x420.jpg

66829-Star_Fox_Assault_(Europe)_(En,Fr,De,Es,It)-1.jpg

...or even like this...

picgifs-starfox-64-126130.gif

...but something like this...

star-fox-puppet-rap-780x427.jpg

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Microsoft would have to commit a Banjo game to the Switch. Even a collection of Banjo/Tooie might be a deal Nintendo would make.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft would have to commit a Banjo game to the Switch. Even a collection of Banjo/Tooie might be a deal Nintendo would make.

Microsoft's already tried putting Goldeneye on the Wii, Nintendo of Japan said nope. Maybe times have changed tho.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Conker happening. His games never came out in Japan from what I can tell, and even in the rest of the world, they were never published by Nintendo.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So here's my dream representation for B-K.

B: Rat-a-tap-rap
B>: Breegull Blaster (Goes from Normal->Fire->Electric->Grenade Egg, longer you hold it.)
^B: Shock Jump
VB: Drill Bill

Smash ->A: Kazooie Slam
Smash VA: Pack Whack
Smash ^A: Flip Flap Jump.
Meteor Smash: Ground Pound
Dash A: Roll.

Final Smash: T-Wrecks. Transform into an unflinching, hard hitting TRex that is slower than mollases. Even turning takes time.

Assist Trophy: Mumbo Jumbo. Fires a beam straight forward that places a random negative status effect on whoever it hits, friend or foe.

Stage: Furnace of Fun 64. Battle field-like layout, but the twist is that the background displays smash/nintendo/rare trivia. Step into the light that represents the right answer on the battlefield first for either an slight attack/defense boost or a small amount healed. Ignoring it does nothing too you, but you're punished if you choose wrong. (Lessened Attack/Defense or small amount of damage.) Final destination variant has rare characters participate in the quiz in the background instead.

Music:
-BK Main Theme (Remix)
-Stage Medely (Remix) (TTC, GV, FEZP, MMM, RBB)
-Furnace of Fun
-Jinjo Village (Remix)
-WitchyWorld
-Boss encounter medley
-Humba Wumba Theme (Remix)
-Cliff Farm
-Spiller's Harbor
-The Nuts and Bolts Hub World Theme
-Spaceport Alpha (remix)
-Hot Top Volcano (remix)
-Windy (remix)
-Great Mighty Poo (Remix)
-Perfect Dark Medley
-Battletoads Medley (remix)
-Speccy/NES Medley
-Blast Corps Medley (remix)
-KI Main Theme
-Star Fox Adventures Medley

Trophies:
BK: Banjo, Kazooie, Mumbo, Gruntilda, Bottles, Tooty, Blubber, Boggy, Klungo, Furnace of Fun Stage, Humba, Jamjars, Jinjo King w/Jinjos, Mingilla/Blobella, HAG-1, Bozzeye, Mecha Gruntilda, Jolly Roger, Trophy Thomas, Lord Of Games, Piddles, Redesign Humba/Mumbo.

Rare: Conker, Berri, Greg, Beardy, Panther King, Weasel Mafia Boss, Joana Dark, Skedar, Elvis, Rash, Zits, Pimple, Princess Angelica, Turbo Tunnel Bike, Saberman, Sabre Wulf, Jetpac, Kuros, Solar Jetman, Snake from Snake Rattle and Roll, Thunderfist, Cinder, Spinal, TJ Combo, Horace Horsetachio, Mr. Pants.

Taunts: Pulls out Gameboy and Plays. Kazooie taps Banjo on head, who then gets annoyed. Takes out Banjo and strums.

Victory theme: Grabbing 10 Jiggys in a world jingle.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would be cool, but honestlly I don't see any reason on why Nintendo should do it

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Reviving this thread if it's alright,

I ploughed through it only to read comments like:

- They'll never make it if Donkey Kong isn't even better represented...

K. Rool got in

- Anything but Ridley is possible

Ridley is in as well.

Seeing as pleasing the long time fans seems to be a trend right now how much do you guys believe Banjo Kazooie have a chance now?

I would like to argue that for the first time ever Rare at least got some recognision at last.

- Krystal design is from Adventures (still property of Nintendo I know)
- K. Rool's final Smash is a direct reference to DK64, could have been an attack from a pirate ship as well but they chose this one specifically.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Give me Banjo-Kazooie in Smash or give me death

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
why not marcus phoenix and kratos while we are at it.
Please elaborate on the history with Nintendo of these characters. And regarding Kratos, please elaborate on the relationship between Nintendo and Sony when compared with Nintendo-Microsoft.

If you can't see the difference you're intentionally blind

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No. Third party characters from a competing console are an entirely different can of worms than long shot characters Nintendo owns internally.

Banjo and Kazooie won't be in it, and they shouldn't be.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Reviving this thread if it's alright,

I ploughed through it only to read comments like:

- They'll never make it if Donkey Kong isn't even better represented...

K. Rool got in

- Anything but Ridley is possible

Ridley is in as well.

Seeing as pleasing the long time fans seems to be a trend right now how much do you guys believe Banjo Kazooie have a chance now?

I would like to argue that for the first time ever Rare at least got some recognision at last.

- Krystal design is from Adventures (still property of Nintendo I know)
- K. Rool's final Smash is a direct reference to DK64, could have been an attack from a pirate ship as well but they chose this one specifically.

Prior to K Rool being announced I saw people saying it wouldn't happen because he's a western made character, Rare made him, etc. Basically dismissing him because they had perceived notions about how Sakurai picks characters.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
It's very much possible. Ultimate seems to be made of dreams, so you know what? I have a feeling that Banjo & Kazooie will make it in.

Hell, Geno will make it in as well.

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
No. Third party characters from a competing console are an entirely different can of worms than long shot characters Nintendo owns internally.

Banjo and Kazooie won't be in it, and they shouldn't be.

Different can of worms indeed, but licensing is licensing. Nintendo renewed the license they had for Snake from Metal Gear Solid for example. I don't see how negotiations would differ if it would benefit both parties is some way.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I could see it happening, Microsoft have stated they wouldn't have an issue allowing it to happen, the characters are strongly attached to Nintendo history and both companies seem to be on terms with things like Minecraft on the Switch.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Different can of worms indeed, but licensing is licensing. Nintendo renewed the license they had for Snake from Metal Gear Solid for example. I don't see how negotiations would differ if it would benefit both parties is some way.

That inclusion would benefit competing hardware. That's the difference.

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has made it very clear they're willing to work with other companies and cross promotion. They have also shown a good relationship with Microsoft for cross play for what that's worth. Microsoft has already said they'd allow it. Nintendo does not appear to see Microsoft as a competitor like how Sony/Microsoft do. (let's be real the switch is pretty much its own thing)

It's still quite unlikely but it's definitely possible. I would love to see it.

hiryu64

Oct 27, 2017
Without knowing the logic behind the scenes at either company, it certainly is a possibility. At this point I couldn't think of a better "fuck you" to Sony's crossplay stances than metaphorically joining forces in one of the highest-profile Nintendo releases.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd tear up lol. Before Cloud I would have said no. (Still feel it should have been Crono tbh)
Anyone else from Square would have been great. I've always wanted to see Sora but I can't imagine what that liscensing process would be like with Disney involved. Still, he's been on a lot of Nintendo systems at this point and crossing over into other worlds is totally his thing. Plus his fighting style and weapon would be an awesome addition. Sora would be a perfect Smash char.

Status
Not open for further replies.