• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
6TCJgpu.jpg

Amazon Germany

Probably just some confusion with the just announced Banjo-Kazooie DLC for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate? Or a leak of Microsoft-Nintendo's relationship to come? Let's hear your thoughts.

Last edited:

thegodsend

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't mean much as Amazon.de tends to list games on their own based on E3 announcements. So probably a mix up.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
With Banjo in Smash, though, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a port/remaster of this game at some point in the future. Probably a misunderstanding in this instance, however.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
this would have been talked about a few hours ago c'mon

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
With Banjo in Smash, though, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a port/remaster of this game at some point in the future. Probably a misunderstanding in this instance, however.
This.

If they've got the characters in smash then it's highly likely a game is coming to switch. Nothing in this though.

Jan 4, 2018
Kirkhope told VGC that he didn't think a new Banjo-Kazooie game would happen anytime soon.

"I don't think Rare has the appetite for it," he said. "I don't think they believe it would sell, and even in my mind I'm not sure. It's easy to get wrapped up in my Twitter feed, but that's just a tiny audience in comparison.

"If they did want to make a new one they'd never get the original team back together so it'd all depend on who they asked to do it. They'd have to find the right people to do it. Ubisoft Milan were perfect for Mario, for example, and the Killer Instinct guys did a good job."

Or maybe a remake isn't considered as a "new one" ?

Last edited:

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
It'll never happen, but I'd be completely happy with Switch ports of the HD Banjo games from Xbox Live. I never finished the first on Live because it glitched out and never gave me a Jiggy so I couldn't get 100% and got bummed out and didn't care to continue. I really want to be able to play it again. I haven't had a 360/Xbox in almost a decade now.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It'll never happen, but I'd be completely happy with Switch ports of the HD Banjo games from Xbox Live. I never finished the first on Live because it glitched out and never gave me a Jiggy so I couldn't get 100% and got bummed out and didn't care to continue. I really want to be able to play it again. I haven't had a 360/Xbox in almost a decade now.
Who knows, maybe when we'll finally get n64 games on the switch, Nintendo will feel the incentive to license them from Rare for an VC release.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Keep in mind, Kirkhope was also actively denying anything Banjo related fairly recently too, so I wouldn't read too much into this.

Still, as others have posted, there's a chance this could just be Amazon Germany reacting to the Nintendo Direct. If it's real, good, but I'd still wait for more information at any rate.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can almost guarantee there will be a banjo threeie for switch/Xbox. I'd bet large on that

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Who knows, maybe when we'll finally get n64 games on the switch, Nintendo will feel the incentive to license them from Rare for an VC release.
I wouldn't want N64 versions on a Nintendo console when much better HD versions already exist. It'd be the worst slap in the face. Plus they'd put it on the Nintendo Network, which I don't plan on subscribing to anytime soon.

No. Give me the HD ones. They've been out long enough it's not like it's going to eat into Xbox sales. It'd be a really nice gesture too.