• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no ban on dogs on those kindof journeys, but if you're looking to book your own flight specifically for the purposes of moving abroad with a dog that cannot fit in the hold (for example due to breathing issues) then that is going to set you back at least x30~ of the prices they list above.

For example; Pewdiepie chartered a flight to Tokyo from Stanstead and it cost at least £260,000 for him, his wife, and their two dogs.

These chartered routes mean that owners can pool together on pre-booked flights, thus lowering the costs for everyone involved.
That makes sense. I travel to Europe 1-2 times a year generally and it's usually for 2+ weeks at a time. My Jack Russel is about to be 3 and I hate leaving him with my mom. He has a great time sure because he loves to hang out there but I do wish it was easier to travel with him. Would love to have him with me on some of those trips. I know I'm fortunate in that he's overall pretty small and just 12 or so pounds, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be nearly as expensive for me as others.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
That makes sense. I travel to Europe 1-2 times a year generally and it's usually for 2+ weeks at a time. My Jack Russel is about to be 3 and I hate leaving him with my mom. He has a great time sure because he loves to hang out there but I do wish it was easier to travel with him. Would love to have him with me on some of those trips. I know I'm fortunate in that he's overall pretty small and just 12 or so pounds, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be nearly as expensive for me as others.
For sure, I can understand that if it was for work or trips that you'd be making regardless. You're lucky, my dog is like x7 the size of yours, so it's a touch trickier lol

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
The first story about a massive bite injury, near death, or death from stressed dogs fighting each other or going after a human will be interesting. There is a reason airlines had to crack down on ESAs and other "support pets" because a real service dog is used to chaotic public situations. They aren't simply pets you want to sit with you on the plane because you won't kennel them. This will not end well, I can feel it now.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
There needs to be a better (safer) way to move overseas with pets but this isn't it.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Just poll any place about whether or not they'd save a dog over a human being. The results just might shock you!

We had a thread here a couple years ago where a dad went into his burning house to save his kids or family or something instead of his dog, or something like that, and multiple people unironically said fuck the dad for putting his family first when reentering the burning building. The results wouldn't shock me, they'd nauseate me. People care more about animals than human beings and are proud to admit so.

There needs to be a better (safer) way to move overseas with pets but this isn't it.

Agreed

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm 99% certain an exclusive airliner for rich dog owners was a joke on 30 Rock.

Last edited:

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
All I want is for all major airlines to allow me to fly my 100+ lb dog via airfreight. Most of them stopped doing that when Covid hit and it hasn't been the same since.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I know someone who used this airline to fly a dog in from South America to the US. I thought they were bull shitting me that they found a private plane that would fly a dog to the US. Honestly it just sounded like he was smuggling drugs under the guise of importing a dog. Maybe that was the case.

septentrion2

Apr 11, 2023
They're not even going to know that the seat cushions can be used as flotation devices in the case of an emergency.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I thought luxury was going to be a bit of a tongue in cheek term here and so at the start I thought to myself, "we've seen a lot of pet death related stories on regular airlines. Maybe this is actually a great idea." But it turns out it actually is luxury and they're flying your Frenchie on a small private jet.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
At least regular airlines will let you take your dogs and cats on board.
We've looked into moving overseas before, but I have no idea how we'd get our 15 lb tegu over there with us safely. She'd easily curl up under a seat in a cat carrier and sleep the whole way, but just because she's a reptile she's verboten.

And I trust cargo shipping even less for an animal who needs consistent temperatures to be happy. Maybe I need to take her on a cruise instead, lol.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If I was ever moving cross country I'd probably just drive my dog with me. I'd never move abroad if I had an existing pet.

I'm not against services like this. I would never feel comfortable putting a dog in a crate with the cargo. My dog is a bit on the bigger side (65 lbs) and really long (basset hound) so I don't think he'd fit in a seat.

The Quentulated Mox

â–² Legend â–²
Jun 10, 2022
4s0s6YA.jpeg

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
At least regular airlines will let you take your dogs and cats on board.
We've looked into moving overseas before, but I have no idea how we'd get our 15 lb tegu over there with us safely. She'd easily curl up under a seat in a cat carrier and sleep the whole way, but just because she's a reptile she's verboten.

And I trust cargo shipping even less for an animal who needs consistent temperatures to be happy. Maybe I need to take her on a cruise instead, lol.
The rules are pretty varied and their are restrictions, but you're right that it's at least an option for some to bring them in cabin.

I would never trust cargo shipping though for a pet. Way too many horror stories and I imagine for many it's a very traumatic experience.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Oh great, now dogs are contributing to carbon emissions.. I guess cats are next in line?

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Man I would love to travel with my dog (in europe) via plane, every other alternative is already extremely fucking expensive vs planes and have none of the benefits... at least give me the expensive option for planes so I can take my dog with me
I dont need any of that luxury bullshit, just my dog in the plane and not cargo