• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
xbox One S level power
DLSS
A bigger screen
A VC service is all I would have wanted from a new model in 2021.
Hope you're right on this one Thugstas but the signs were pointing that way so it's not that that hard to believe.

Dakhil

Mar 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
I'm choosing to be sceptical here. But is it reasonable to say that Xbox One S performance should be the minimum expected (and PlayStation 4 performance be the maximum expected) if Nintendo is going to use a new, customisable SoC for the next Nintendo Switch model releasing next year?

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't mean just that, I meant all your info in general. Im not buying any of it, until more sources corroborate what you been saying. No hard feelings.
I was warned last week by an insider, to watch out about sharing info, Nintendo is clamping down and all of this is sensitive right now, especially the revision.

If you remember back to the beginning of the year, we had insiders stop sharing info and even some retire (Zell iirc) from insider stuff. Just saying the lack of news is definitely in part because of Nintendo.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
They can verify that you're in contact with someone who is in a position to know this.

There are things that are difficult to verify without revealing your own identity. For instance, no moderator would be able to verify that I used to be routinely in contact with people from tsmc via research collaborations, or that some of my students work in big Japanese tech companies; especially given my young age, and the fact that young foreign researchers in my position in Japan are excessively rare, I'd be easy to identify, and I don't want to pass as a snitch.
If our new friend heard something, I would encourage them to just pass it as their own speculation and get called Nostradamus when it all happens. And honestly, who cares if they lie? I enjoy a good troll and that one would be quite credible.

Dakhil

Mar 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
There has been a long standing rumor that mercury stream has been developing a new Metroid 2D game, there is also Prime trilogy, both of which I think are coming next year.
Like I've said before, I'm talking about generally and not in regards to rumours about the next Nintendo Switch model. But saying that, I do remember about those rumours about Metroid.

Thugstas

Banned
Jul 1, 2019
There are things that are difficult to verify without revealing your own identity. For instance, no moderator would be able to verify that I used to be routinely in contact with people from tsmc via research collaborations, or that some of my students work in big Japanese tech companies; especially given my young age, and the fact that young foreign researchers in my position in Japan are excessively rare, I'd be easy to identify, and I don't want to pass as a snitch.
If our new friend heard something, I would encourage them to just pass it as their own speculation and get called Nostradamus when it all happens. And honestly, who cares if they lie? I enjoy a good troll and that one would be quite credible.
So so Nostradamus is my grand grand father 😉

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
If our new friend heard something, I would encourage them to just pass it as his own speculation and get called Nostradamus when it all happens. And honestly, who cares if they lie? I enjoy a good troll and that one would be quite credible.
Thugstas isn't lying to the best of their knowledge, I've heard a lot of the same stuff and have been in contact with multiple known insiders/sources. Thugstas is an optimist clearly, so do keep that in mind when reading their posts. Welcome Thugstas, and thanks for sharing what you have.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

There is the general expectation that the mod with whom they would be speaking would keep that information private anyway. But yeah I can understand someone not wanting to share it even with a mod.

Thugstas

Banned
Jul 1, 2019
Thugstas isn't lying to the best of their knowledge, I've heard a lot of the same stuff and have been in contact with multiple known insiders/sources. Thugstas is an optimist clearly, so do keep that in mind when reading their posts. Welcome Thugstas, and thanks for sharing what you have.
Thanx mate and see ya next year and still be optimistic as always 👍🏼

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Oh I trust you, and even them; I generally trust people anyway. I just find this "mod verifying info" things weird.

There is the general expectation that the mod with whom they would be speaking would keep that information private anyway. But yeah I can understand someone not wanting to share it even with a mod.

To speak bluntly, I do not have a positive opinion of the moderation team of this forum, and I wouldn't want to exchange anything with them if possible. And being Nostradamus is more fun anyway. I'm looking forward to 2021.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
It's not worth the risk for him specifically. I know I could verify with a mod if they ever got back to me without putting anyone at risk, I actually might have not been contacted back because a mod already had taken care of it a while back. Either way if I was zakatana, I wouldn't want to verify. Besides I've personally heard the same things as him, and can vouch for it, so only one of us would need to, at least while we are talking about the information we have both agreed on.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
If I had inside info there is 0 chance I would want to be verified. Like what benefit is that to someone? Just enjoy the info for what it is and we'll know next year.

So many people want everything to be concrete all the time like personal curiousity is more important than someones security. Like chill.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
If I had inside info there is 0 chance I would want to be verified. Like what benefit is that to someone? Just enjoy the info for what it is and we'll know next year.

So many people want everything to be concrete all the time like personal curiousity is more important than someones security. Like chill.

Getting verified can be important if you have something to sell, like a patreon or a YouTube channel.
I don't have either of those. I don't even have a freaking Facebook and I'm dabbing on my LinkedIn profile (because I don't need one) so for an average joe like me, no point in getting the official seal; probably the same for z0mbi3e or our new friend. And getting "verified" can actually make your life in the forum worse, with weirdos tracking everything you say and getting upset when you get something wrong. Look at Zippo a few months ago. There's not much upsides to be verified, and it wouldn't change my opinion on our friend thugstas anyway.

Last edited:

Thugstas

Banned
Jul 1, 2019
Getting verified can be important if you have something to sell, like a patreon or a YouTube channel.
I don't have either of those. I don't even have a freaking Facebook and I'm dabbing on my LinkedIn profile (because I don't need one) so for an average joe like me, no point in getting the official seal; probably the same for z0mbi3e or our new friend. And getting "verified" can actually make your life in the forum worse, with weirdos tracking everything you say and getting upset when you get something wrong. Look at Zippo a few months ago. There's not much upsides to be verified, and it wouldn't change my opinion on our thugstas anyway.
Thx

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not worth the risk for him specifically. I know I could verify with a mod if they ever got back to me without putting anyone at risk, I actually might have not been contacted back because a mod already had taken care of it a while back. Either way if I was zakatana, I wouldn't want to verify. Besides I've personally heard the same things as him, and can vouch for it, so only one of us would need to, at least while we are talking about the information we have both agreed on.

Yeah like I said I understand why someone wouldn't want to do it, I just wanted to note that it's theoretically supposed to be anonymous and private if they did want to do it.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
Yea let's keep the mods out of it. If it pans out, that's awesome. If not, at least the thread got lively for a while.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have either of those. I don't even have a freaking Facebook and I'm dabbing on my LinkedIn profile (because I don't need one) so for an average joe like me, no point in getting the official seal; probably the same for z0mbi3e or our new friend. And getting "verified" can actually make your life in the forum worse, with weirdos tracking everything you say and getting upset when you get something wrong. Look at Zippo a few months ago. There's not much upsides to be verified, and it wouldn't change my opinion on our thugstas anyway.

I agree with you.

I have no idea why people push to get someone verification. Leave em alone. If they are lying just ignore them from that point on.

Yall are cool, dont out yourself for dumb forum points.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I'll be pretty upset if it's a tegra X1 😬
But I'll be upset at Nintendo for being so complacent, not at Thugstas who like you said, made the thread alive for a bit.
it'd be WUST all over again. a lot of the predictions were actually reasonable, but what we got was still unreasonably low. a die shrunk X1 would be that again

Status
Not open for further replies.