• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
news.xbox.com

It Just Got Easier to Discover Games on Xbox in Your Preferred Language - Xbox Wire

With so many exciting games on the market, it’s understandable that gamers may do some homework before committing to a title: that can entail reading reviews, looking up technical features, or just making sure a game supports the way we prefer to play. But it shouldn’t feel like research. Today...
twistedvoxel.com

Batman Arkham Knight Xbox Series Enhancement Possibly Teased by Microsoft

Microsoft has teased enhancement for Batman Arkham Knight for Xbox Series consoles. This was a part of an announcement of the new console update.
Microsoft has teased enhancement for Batman Arkham Knight for Xbox Series consoles. This was a part of an announcement of the new console update.

Batman Arkham Knight runs at 900p on Xbox One, and this carried over to the Xbox One X and Xbox Series consoles as well. There was no update for the game that bumped the resolution and frame rate for it, but this could change as teased by Microsoft in a new blog post.

In their blog post when they announced a new UI update for Xbox consoles, there is an image that clearly shows Batman Arkham Knight with a label of Xbox Series X|S enhanced. This can be classified as a mistake, or an intentional tease by Microsoft.

title-herox1jas.jpg

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Arkham Knight is in a Game Pass Rewards quest this week. So if that patch is coming, it damn better be before Monday.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Would be interesting. Always rubbed me the wrong way this never got Pro/One X enhancements.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I just fired this up yesterday to get a Game Pass Quest, and was pretty shocked at how bad it looks when scaled up to 4K. A proper polish could do a lot of good.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't some random games have this label before and nothing happened? Would be cool if it's true

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I love the Arkham games and Knight still holds up as one of the best looking games of last gen imo.

If they can enhance it up to 4k/60fps then I'd absolutely do another playthrough of it, Riddler trophies and all.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Man I downloaded this a while back because I never finished and it and I had to turn it off immediately since of being stuck in 900p hell.

Would love an upgrade to finish it.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow finally just in time

jk jk been waiting for an Xbox One X patch for years lol 😐

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Damn already finished it earlier in the year when they said it would be leaving Gamepass but inexplicably stayed on until now.

It was so strange.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
No tease for theHunter: Call of the Wild Update though?

Then I'm on #TeamFake.

/S

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see it. One of the prettiest last gen games which is only held back by the low resolution

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This feels optimistic to me.

Isn't that big SX label reserved for games with a proper next gen enhancement? Not Microsoft's FPS Boost or whatever they do external to the original devs?

I feel like MS wouldn't be leaking this in a blog post about something else. I'd put it down to a Photoshop of a new dash rather than an intentional tease.

Could be either though, just my (pessimistic) two cents.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Does the FPS Boost games(like Far Cry 4 and WD2) also gets this label or is this only for games with bigger enhancements?
Would be surprising to see this game getting some type of big patch after all this time.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Please, it's one of my favorite games, hopefully Rocksteady really updated it

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
I've always loved their world building. The world feels so alive and like the comic. Even when it was just the original, more limited original game. I would gladly play this again with any improvements.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is the ultimate edition of forza horizon 4 really 9.99? that's an insane deal. shit i wish i didn't own everything but fortune island.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Great. Currently running Arkham city at 60fps on PC and the games play much better that way. The art really holds up and higher resolutions too.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just seems to be a proof of concept thing, for example RDR2 and FH4 base price isnt $20

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It'd be nice if it got a next gen patch or something. The game is a looker and improved resolution and framerate on consoles would probably make me replay it once more.
But this could be a quick mockup a designer made for the site, it happens often.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It's not real. Look at the prices for each of the games. RDR2 for example still has a base price of $59.99, a 20% discount doesn't get it to $19.99.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be jealous af if there's a Xbox enhancement but no PS5 one lol.
I think if there's an Xbox enhancement there'll probably be one on PS5 as well. Arkham Knight being one of the games in the PS Plus Collection on PS5 means that the PS5 audience for an enhanced version of the game will be about as big as the Xbox Series audience for an enhanced version. It's possible this is just a mistake, but if one console gets it I think the other will as well.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps update the Arkham collection to avoid the weird FPS issues?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Isn't that big SX label reserved for games with a proper next gen enhancement? Not Microsoft's FPS Boost or whatever they do external to the original devs?

I feel like MS wouldn't be leaking this in a blog post about something else. I'd put it down to a Photoshop of a new dash rather than an intentional tease.

It's very hit or miss right now. Some games get a label (even if it doesn't require the SSD) and others, like Star Wars Squadrons, don't.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

Phil and other Xbox presenters do like to hide (on purpose or not) things in presentations though.

Weren't their new headphones being worn in an older trailer/video way before they announced them?

Between shirts, and background objects, I feel like they do it a lot.

You may be right about the X:S logo though, I've not paid that close of attention to if it's only fully redone games.