Wonderful

Dec 7, 2023
This seems really cool. How is the Oculus? If anything is going to get me to buy one it'd be Batman

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Nice of them to announce this less than a week after I bought my Quest 3! Definitely looking forward to this

Apr 9, 2018
Arkham VR was pretty neat though quite limited, so this has my interest. That was by Rocksteady though...

The Iron Man PSVR demo I tried was decent and i bought the game on discount, been waiting on a PSVR2 port that doesn't seem to ever be materializing.

I do appreciate this trailer's adherence to the Arkham tradition of pre-rendered trailer graphics being far and away beyond what we will see in game
I didn't play it on PSVR so I'm not sure how the experience is, but playing it on Quest 3 and using my body to turn instead of the sticks was incredibly immersive, I can imagine the cable on PSVR2 being problematic for this game. If you had a Quest 2 or 3, I'd definitely recommend it (and always use a referral code for 25% off), it's a great romp, takes about 8-12 hours to play through the story and some of the side content(I recommend the races in particular, they are quite thrilling), all separated into nice digestible missions, it's a good time one of the better VR games I've played 👍

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Ohh I still think about the PSVR Arkham Game it was fun. Quest 3 kinda on a roll with the stealth drops Alien and now Batman. I upgraded from a Quest 1 to a 3 a couple months ago glad to see it going…well.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
3o7WTqo27pLRYxRtg4.webp

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
LOL for a split second my mind processed that as Rocksteady has been secretly working on a backup Arkham game alongside Suicide Squad since they know it'll bomb.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
This was the quickest shift from excitement to disappointment I've ever experienced in my life.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Join the Caped Crusader for his most gruelling trial yet: erasing Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League from the Arkham canon.

N1corex

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 7, 2020
I just woke up and saw batman arkham shadow and then it says vr mannnnn....

Apr 9, 2018
I went from excited to deflated
VR is the least interesting place I want to play Batman.
The mechanics and gadgets of Batman lends itself to VR very well. Hookshot and gliding in this would be thrilling; Arkham VR was a fun taste at what the detective-ing parts could look like; we know stealth can work well in VR from the various Espire games and Alyx. Not sure how you do satisfying combat as Batman in VR (maybe predominantly gadget focused), but 3 out of 4 of those core pillars are very possible to get right in VR.

I'm optimistic!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
What is Quest 3 like compared to PSVR2?
With Sony's nonexisting support, I'm considering selling my PSVR2 for a Quest 3. At least some interesting bigger games like AC and now this.

Quest 3 is great. Graphics are a nice step up from Quest 2 (if they have a patch for Quest 3 or built for it) but not as good as PSVR2 as that uses the PS5's power obviously. No wires is nice and you can connect to PC, so thats a bonus too. Easily the best VR platform out there right now for most things.

I have PSVR2 and Quest 3, I love both of them (PSVR2 still has some great exclusives worth playing, on top of all the great 3rd party support) but if you only wanted one VR headset, Quest 3 is probably the best all round option.

Darcadia

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Massachusetts
It's nice to see Meta actually spending money to secure content for their device. Say what you will about their business on a high level, but they've done a good job getting content with recognizable IP onto their platform. Now where's the GTA 4 port they announced years ago?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I am fine with this. WB licensing out their properties, and Batman is arguably their biggest comic book property, is a good thing in my book.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Quest 3, I like Batman, Iron Man VR was fun. Seems great to me!

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Knowing that this exists, all I can think is that WB cancelled Arkham 5 lime a month before it was officially announced.

No offence to the dev team on this. I'm sure they're lovely people who worked hard on the project they were give, but WB's priorities continue to astound me.

Also, good luck to the marketing people who have to figure out how to sell this in a post-Suicide Squad/Gotham Knights world.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I own a Quest 3, and I'm still disappointed a bit, lol

But I'll be interested in seeing the full reveal.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It'll probably be good, but I don't plan to get a Meta Quest anytime soon so… okay then.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I am ready for a Batman VR game. Hoping it goes real easy on potential horror elements as I scare easy in VR 😂

Can't wait to see some gameplay.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
This is made by Meta 1st party studio.

Of course the game is a Quest exclusive.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao it's honestly not a bad idea and I have no ill will towards Camoflaj but WB should have at least have a standard Arkham game on standby and not messed around with Suicide Squad.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
That title 😂

More good games is more good games but man they are raising the stakes lolol

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have to say, us VR folks getting stuff like the first brand new Half-Life game in over a decade, the first good Assassin's Creed game since Unity (Origins and Odyssey lovers need not apply, RPG Creed is #NotMyCreed) and now a new Arkham game feels damn good.

VR is dead though, all a fad, it sucks, no games, blah blah blah.

pwrshll

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of rats. Didn't expect a Batman / Plague Tale crossover. Maybe Hugo becomes the next Robin…

RIP Hugo…

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
PSVR2 remains the biggest blunder in the industry, jesus christ man. There are VR exclusive Batman Arkham and Assassin's Creed games and both just don't appear on PSVR2. Hard to overstate hard to imagine that would have been before that device released.

Good for Meta, they are the only first party company keeping high budget VR alive.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus I was so excited reading the first half of that thread title. Build me up just to bring me down.

Good for vr folks though