Foolhardy

May 4, 2024
I was excited about Brubaker but Rucka has me over the moon. I went from neutral to extremely high hopes in one day.

Harley Quinn actually looking like a Harlequin.

Been a while.

I'll take any continuity that has her her actually resembling her name again.

(high key my favorite thing about Dark Knights of Steel)

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd watch a live action 40s Batman period piece without the racism of the original live action... and with better costumes, though keep the cloth batsuit and outer trunks.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Is Tiimm the one who keeps making batman bang Batgirl for some weird reason? Or is that Dini?

bleck98534

Feb 18, 2023
I think someone already pointed out this in the thread where the character designs were leaked, but I still think it's interesting how closely Batman resembles his design in Timm's Strange Days anniversary short from ten years ago. Of course, both are just staying faithful to the original '40s Bob Kane portrayal, but it feels like you can get a taste of what the show can be with the short (minus the Batplane with live ammunition).

youtu.be

"Batman: Strange Days" - Bruce Timm's Batman 75th Anniversary Short (Official)

A brand new short from producer Bruce Timm featuring a lost tale from Batman's past, the Dark Knight tracks a strange giant to the mysterious lair of Dr. Hug...

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I just checked and yeah Rucka is just a guest writer. He wrote episode 2 that introduces Renée Montoya. Brubaker also brought in Halley Gross on an episode. He also says that he's not returning for season 2 so... Booo.

Dec 17, 2022
So pumped for this, sounds amazing!

I hope it does big streaming numbers for Amazon. I'm also hoping it's as iconic and influential as B:TAS.

Just how many episodes will the first season consist of? Wonder if it'll be weekly like Invincible or a full season drop like Fallout?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I like the idea of this being a 1940's period piece, and the designs skewing towards the Golden Age of Comic Books where most of the antagonists are horror movie monsters sounds cool, but I hope Bruce Timm's involvement is minimal.

Oct 25, 2017
Timm has sucked hard in recent years but man, this looks and sounds dope as hell.
I'd argue that he really hasn't,

Batman and Harley Quinn was awful
And the Batgirl stuff in Killing Joke

Are the only things he's done that are legitimately awful, otherwise he mostly was just producer of the DC animated movies until like 2020.
2 absolutely awful movies when DC was releasing 2-3 a year for like 10years I don't think is that bad.
Hes also stuck being producer of adaptations of absolute classics that there was just no way to ever be amazing.
Also kinda feels like the animated DC movies got much worse after he left as producer

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Harlequin actually looks pretty awesome.
Excited to see whatever they do with the Clayface since the original Basil version doesn't really have that many appearances.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda split on the general concept.

Time period is excellent for aesthetic but then I don't like that for Batman gadgets and vehicles