• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
All stories have an end. Even his. From the legendary creative team of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo comes Batman: Last Knight on Earth, a prestige format miniseries from DC Black Label that tells the final chapter of their visionary take on the Dark Knight. Available May 29, 2019 wherever comics are sold.

To read a preview of the first issue: https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batma...

Batman: Last Knight on Earth is the latest release from DC Black Label, an innovative new mature readers imprint that features out-of-continuity, standalone comics and graphic novels starring the heroes and villains of the DC Universe.

This reminds me a lot of Superman At Earth's End and of course Old Man Logon but Synder and Capullo are great so i am looking forward to this

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Hmm, sounds so familiar, especially the talking head. I bet Joker will talk shit to Batman the entire way, with Bruce losing his mind.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
It's only 3 issues? I've been out of the comic game for a while but I loved Snyder's Batman run. I'm interested in checking this out.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like GM's take on Batman tbh. Too many idiotic things happened between Batman Inc. Batman proper, Batman and Robin and Final Crisis. And he created Damian Wayne, yeah.

Ah. You see, I really like Damian. The role reversal between Dick-Bats and Damian was a joy to read. Reminds me of the TV show.

It's one of my favourite long-form narratives since Mike Carey's Hellblazer run (and his Lucifer stuff, actually). It's such a perfect distillation of everything that makes Batman so compelling. Can't think of many other writers who have nailed him so well.

What's the idiotic stuff?

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
What's the idiotic stuff?
Well, The Return of Bruce Wayne and how he handled Bats in Final Crisis (Bruce should've stayed dead without a convoluted story about how he's not really dead) is probably my biggest gripe with his run. I need to refresh my memories though, I remember disliking his stuff while reading it, but can't remember why exactly.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, The Return of Bruce Wayne and how he handled Bats in Final Crisis (Bruce should've stayed dead without a convoluted story about how he's not really dead) is probably my biggest gripe with his run. I need to refresh my memories though, I remember disliking his stuff while reading it, but can't remember why exactly.

Ah, fair enough.

I loved the Return of Bruce Wayne. It undermines the myth of Batman as a loner, presents the bat as an enduring myth, and the pay-off in Batman & Robin was classy as fuck.

Also: Cave-Bat-Man. :D

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
latest