• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
HBO Max always sneaks something on at the last minute that wasn't on the schedule. This time it was the two animated movies released this year.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I personally loved it, watched both parts last night. I was engrossed. I liked the art style as well and the animation. All the VAs were great.

Oct 26, 2017
Very cool. Will check it out then. My wife , who typically doesn't watch these animated films, loved The Killing Joke so I think she'll like this story (and adaptation) more from what I hear

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any plans to do like Death of Superman / Reign of the Supermen and release the two parts together in one physical edition? I've been wanting to get it on physical, but would prefer a single movie instead of a two-parter.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Watched this recently. It was good!

Way better than the Dark Knight Returns or Killing Joke movies.

Nov 2, 2017
Enjoyed it well enough, but there's a distinct quality difference in animation between the two. Part One is more well rendered scene to scene, but there's a real stiffness to the animation. In Part Two (and this may be because there's more action), the animation is more fluid while it loses some detail/shading on the characters. I'm curious if anyone else noticed.

Honestly prefer Part Two though, but it's a great adaptation of the source material even with the slight alterations and edits from the original story.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Am I taking crazy pills here? These movies were awful. Part 1 was fine on its own, but Part 2 is whacked out enough to ruin both of them. The whole movie is a bloated mess that surrounds and overwhelms a good core story.

Why the hell was there an entourage of rogues' gallery villains crammed in there?

Why in god's name did they start Part 2 with Bruce Wayne already being mind controlled by Poison Ivy, when this was neither foreshadowed by Part 1, nor really explained at all at any point? They didn't even show the circumstances that led to it happening! It was just already in progress!

Why did the final climactic battle feel like a fight scene from the 1960s Batman series? Cat Woman was like Robin, Two Face was the boss villain, and all the other major villains - even the Joker! - were written like random lackeys: mobs for Batman to get through in order to reach Two Face. It was absurd.

I'm in disbelief that the opinions in this thread are uniformly positive. Part 2 is an absolute disaster of plotting and pacing

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
LTTP here but I just caught both parts and really loved them. Never read the source material so this particular story was new to me and I thought they did a fantastic job. Honestly one of the best DC animated movies WB has put out.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I watched these a few weeks ago. Part 1 was fantastic but Part 2 was really messy. They just threw in a bunch of villains for reasons. Overall still enjoyed the two movies but Part 1 is definitely the stronger of the two.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I watched these and liked them overall, but they make Batman — and everyone else searching for Holiday's true identity — look like an idiot. A full calendar year passes and not a single person actually connects the huge neon-glowing dots? Good grief.