Votes: 39 4.9%
  • Shadow of The Colossus Remake

Votes: 49 6.1%

• Total voters

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
http://www.nextlevelgaming.ca/battle-for-the-best-ps4-exclusive-of-2018-begins/

PS4 has it's fair share of fantastic exclusives throughout the years but 2018 seems to have memorized us all!

In my eyes two of the best PS4 exclusives for 2018 are God of War and Marvel's Spider-Man. I wanted to put this to a vote and see which game will take the title for best PS4 exclusive for 2018. My vote was torn as both games are fantastic but I have to go with my boy Kratos and God of War.

Spider-Man is handily winning the poll on that site.
I thought it's time for ResetEra poll :D

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Spiderman is the best superhero game I've ever played but I still have days where I think about Kratos. I don't think anything is unseating that game for me.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
It's more than just God of War vs Spider-Man.
I think, for example, that Detroit is also up there with the other 2.

Having said that, my vote goes to God of War because of their 10/10 combat.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit recent to start a poll I think, given that the new shine of Spiderman is still on everyone's minds, I think people will be a bit more objective in about 2 months but hey, it's all in good fun :)

It'll be a toss up between God Of War and Spiderman, where Detroit and SOTC end up is anyone's guess.

TheCreationTS

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
London
Well God of War, this game is a masterpiece, Among all PlayStation exclusives
The game provides the best combat system, you can't get tired of it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like doing the poll less than a week after one of the games came out is asking for that to be the instant favourite.

I haven't played Spider-man yet but ,with that said, God of War easily. It's one of the best of the generation and critically acclaimed. I thought Detroit was trash and while Shadow of the Colossus is a genre defining game, it's also a remake.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Man. 2018 has been a great year for PS4 exclusives. All the games in the poll are great but my vote goes to Dad of War.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a battle between gow and spider-man.

As much as I love spider-man, I gotta go with gow but I can see how people can pick the other. It's such a tight race

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having not yet finished Spider-Man my tentative ranking is:

Detroit
Spider-Man
God of War

Of course, all are great games. Not gonna rank SotC because I've played it a million times.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
All games in that poll are amazing, and am glad that Detroit actually turned out to be a great game given Quantic's track record. Damn good year if you're a PS4 owner, for sure.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Lots of good choices, but GoW is my GoTG so far (barely edging out Bloodborne). The rest are awesome, and I enjoyed them all... but nothing touches GoW.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
SotC is a remake so I am voting for God of War. Otherwise SotC would've been the obvious choice for me.
That said I loved Detroit and Spiderman too. Sony firing on all cylinders here.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
This thread will be rendered irrelevant once the real GOTY comes out...

AstroBotRescueMission-755x425.jpg

No joke though, I want to buy a PSVR for Astro Bot (if it turns out good of course).

Aug 26, 2018
In my opinion, God of War is like the Dark Knight, its just phenomenal. Spider Man is like the Dark Knight Rises, not as good but still great.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
i don't see how God of War is "genre-defining" and "game of the generation". It's a polished experience and took a lot of things from other games, which made it feel like it wasn't its own thing (felt the same way about Horizon). I'm enjoying Spidey more and enjoyed Detroit more. Then again I have not finished any of the 3 games.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played Spiderman yet (and likely won't until just before or just after Sekiro) but I've played the other 3.

Didn't care much at all for SoC
Detroit was great but can't compete with God of War

God of War was just a fucking outstanding game. So my vote goes to God of War

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I went God of War. That was just truly an amazing, masterpiece of a game for me. Also, patapon I like the hustle!

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
SOTC is the best game but as a near 1-1 remake, I don't take it into consideration for these things. Loved God of War, Detroit isn't my thing, and I don't like Spidey at all. So easy GOW tor me

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God of War is an unrivalled masterpiece in all forms of audiovisual art. Its the Citizen Kane of video games.

Spider-Man is a really damn great game, best Spider-Man game of all time, and one of three best superhero games (alongside Arkham City and inFAMOUS).

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shadow of The Colossus wins by default.

God of War is good, but far away from being a masterpiece

Detroit: Become Human now has 2 decent characters, which is more than any other David Cage game had, still isn't good enough.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of God of War(it was pretty good but not great imo) but I think it's easily the best PS4 exclusive that came out this year.

As somebody else said, I consider SotC a much better game, but it's a remake of an already existing game, so that doesn't fit my arbitrary restrictions.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
God of War isn't only the best PS4 exclusive but the best game released so far this year. I don't see anything taking that away from it personally either.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I went with the Shadow of the Colossus remake. First time playing that earlier this year and it was a lot of fun.

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only a quarter of the way through Spider-man but I think God of War is an industry game changer, whereas Spider-man is just an awesome superhero game. So my vote is God of War

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Spider-Man, couldn't put it down. GOTY so far for me.
Started God of War right after, only about an hour in and not really feeling it so far, but hoping my opinion improves the further in I get.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
i don't see how God of War is "genre-defining" and "game of the generation". It's a polished experience and took a lot of things from other games, which made it feel like it wasn't its own thing (felt the same way about Horizon). I'm enjoying Spidey more and enjoyed Detroit more. Then again I have not finished any of the 3 games.

I'll echo this, except I have finished all 3.

GOW was good, but I fail to see why it got such acclaim.

Spiderman>Detroit>GOW
(haven't played SotC)

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped GoW after 10-12 or so hours and didn't have a ton of fun before that so it's between SotC and Spidey.

Spidey's traversal mechanics alone have provided some of the most fun I've had all year and with superhero games period.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Out of those in the poll, I chose God of War. Though I still highly prefer 2017 PS4 exclusives, by a large margin.